• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is probably better for all involved. Sharpe can battle with JJ for mins at the 4. This saves us 8 million dollars too. Means no luxury tax

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-26-2022_5-18-41PM.png

Dejounte >>> all of these bums.

Bouknight has a lot of potential but that doesn't help us right now at all

Player rumors aside, whats the rumors on who is gonna replace jent and be the lead assistant?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mikey said:

Dejounte >>> all of these bums.

Bouknight has a lot of potential but that doesn't help us right now at all

Player rumors aside, whats the rumors on who is gonna replace jent and be the lead assistant?

Well of course but Murray cost 3 1sts.

Just now, NBASupes said:

It gives us a good prospect and a 20-25 1st rounder. A couple of rotational bigs. I don't know if we can do better. 

I know we can. It’s called keep JC if this is the best package we can get …

not interested in A guy who could not crack the rotation of a fringe play in team and a mid 20s FRP l. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

I know we can. It’s called keep JC if this is the best package we can get …

not interested in A guy who could not crack the rotation of a fringe play in team and a mid 20s FRP l. 

I'll trade him for this. I don't love it, not ideal but it fills all of the prereqs that they have. 

A draft pick 

If the draft pick isn't that good, include a young prospect they have legit interest in which Bouknight qualifies for.

Cap savings

And Plumlee isn't bad depth at all. He's just not a starter. He's a good backup 5. One of the best in the NBA. Sharpe would give comp for JJ and mins at the backup 4. 

Bouknight has true potential, he's worth being one of the centerpieces as well as a 1st from Brooklyn.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Well of course but Murray cost 3 1sts.

If we're not planning on paying up now for a rising star, what are we planning on doing with these draft picks? 

John Collins for bouknight doesn't really sound like a consolidation trade, but it does allow us to keep assets in case...an all star becomes available for trade. 

I'm confused about what our road map to a championship looks like if we're not pushing in chips to get talent when it's available

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

I'll trade him for this. I don't love it, not ideal but it fills all of the prereqs that they have. 

A draft pick 

If the draft pick isn't that good, include a young prospect they have legit interest in which Bouknight qualifies for.

Cap savings

And Plumlee isn't bad depth at all. He's just not a starter. He's a good backup 5. One of the best in the NBA. Sharpe would give comp for JJ and mins at the backup 4. 

JJ don't need competition.  He needs to play. 

What about OO? 

Just now, ShooterSays said:

I think we end up getting Murray somehow.

SAS could have passed on JC and we need to turn players into FRP's to get him.

Seems like they would send out Bogi for that then and keep JC.  Bogi, although injured, should bring back a protected first round pick. 

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yuck!  I'm just going to keep this thread closed until after the trade deadline. 

Who thinks that trade is a good idea?  We make the nets better and get worst. 

Also, the Nets don't have first round picks until like 2028 or something. 

I'll pass unless they are adding SA and the Hawks are getting Murray. 

Good trade isn't possible for JC. You are just looking for a prereqs trade. This covers all of the areas the Hawks listed.

A good prospect with potential that they covet. 

A 1st in 2023

The fillers fill in roles Atlanta would have holes in. 

It actually makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

JJ don't need competition.  He needs to play. 

What about OO? 

He's starting at the 4 which is the move that should be had with or without JC. Time to start Okongwu. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Seems like they would send out Bogi for that then and keep JC.  Bogi, although injured, should bring back a protected first round pick. 

Bogi will cost us a 1st, not get us one. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yuck!  I'm just going to keep this thread closed until after the trade deadline. 

That trade is credibility eroding for my guy @NBASupes.

I have to join you in ignoring this thread for the foreseeable future.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If you're the Hawks, the more trade talks JC is in with other teams, the better. You've got to get the Spurs to come down from that asking price somehow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Good trade isn't possible for JC. You are just looking for a prereqs trade. This covers all of the areas the Hawks listed.

A good prospect with potential that they covet. 

A 1st in 2023

The fillers fill in roles Atlanta would have holes in. 

It actually makes sense. 

He's starting at the 4 which is the move that should be had with or without JC. Time to start Okongwu. 

You can't start Okongwu with Capela. 

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I agree with a lot of your post but Murray is questionable for me and that's why I am out. 

Its simple for me

6'1 175 with 6'4 180

That's too small and we got to pay him the max in two years. Yeah, I am out.

You could try to convince me otherwise but his size is too much a problem for me.

I wouldn’t try to convince you but you know just as much as any hawks fan that prestige is real in the nba and the hawks are and have always been on the lower end . Stars , rising stars, could be stars don’t pick Atlanta as a destination. So I say get what we can!…we can be picky when start to show we have a winning culture.

16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I agree this is a terrible trade! We should just keep JC.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can really give two shit of how you feel about me. I really don't care. 

Supes you know deep down this trade would be a throw away. Even if you can make an argument that the fit is there you can’t make one that the talent is there.if that’s all schlenk and Landry can get back for a borderline all star in JC then they aren’t as good at their jobs as mentioned.

Furthermore such a trade should make Resseler want to fire both and start fresh. Fit may be there but you can’t just let talent walk for nothing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

If you're the Hawks, the more trade talks JC is in with other teams, the better. You've got to get the Spurs to come down from that asking price somehow.

Or you just make the trade with confidence if you did your due diligence on the type of player Murray is.

Trae + Murray = all star backcourt. Not sure what’s hard to see about that for the FO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

Or you just make the trade with confidence if you did your due diligence on the type of player Murray is.

Trae + Murray = all star backcourt. Not sure what’s hard to see about that for the FO.

No insider sources here, but I have a feeling Hawks FO are waiting for Durant and then will pounce on Murray. Could be wrong.

• Like 1