• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Seattle and Las Vegas will be the two markets. Minnesota or Memphis will be moved to the East. Minnesota wants to be moved because their travel schedule is terrible. 

They have division foes in Oregon. Memphis, NO, and the texas teams make sense. 

• Premium Member

I’d love to see us be a tax team and find a way to fill out the roster with some vets.    I know we’ve had our eye on Aaron holiday in the past so wonder how cheap he might be.    And my 2 cents, jc May be a great 3rd option on offense now

2 minutes ago, georgia said:

One thing- the Charlotte pick cam via Reddish trade.    Soooo the Luka trade helped us net Murray.   Lol

Yep. For someone who "garbage" he just helped us get another all star. 

31 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If you go by assist to turnover ratio, Murray is superior to Trae. Could Murray supercede Trae as floor general? It's very much a possibility. 

Stop it!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The idea that Trae is all of a sudden going to be running the 2nd unit and Dejounte running the starting point is, well, just silly at this point.  The two are going to be fairly interchangeable, imo, but at the end of the day, we all know Trae is the better offensive player.  He'll be the Alpha running the show more often than not.  

I do think he'll play more off the ball and that's part of what is driving this trade.  Trae has been ELITE playing off the ball in the (very) small amounts of time he's done it.  The idea will be to get more of that which will only enhance his overall production.  The real question is whether DJ can create some spacing when Trae is at point since he's never been known as a good perimeter shooter.  

You only mentioned offense. What about defensive match ups? That's 50% of the game. 

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Seattle and Las Vegas will be the two markets. Minnesota or Memphis will be moved to the East. Minnesota wants to be moved because their travel schedule is terrible. 

Seems 'Sota is in a tough spot east or west, right.

Although East will be better, wont their travel always be tough just due to where they are?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Seems 'Sota is in a tough spot east or west, right.

Although East will be better, wont their travel always be tough just due to where they are?

yes, they will have issues with it no matter where but I do believe the East would be better for them. There's just no one other than Chicago that is even close to them where they are located. 

• Like 1

• Admin

I can see Minnesota in the East with Chicago, Indiana and Detroit.

Memphis is so close to Atlanta, Charlotte  ... 

It will be interesting to see who moves.  I think it should be Minny

It would be nice to see the Supersonics back.  Any idea when an expansion could happen?

The expansion drafts are always entertaining

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I can see Minnesota in the East with Chicago, Indiana and Detroit.

Memphis is so close to Atlanta, Charlotte  ... 

It will be interesting to see who moves.  I think it should be Minny

It would be nice to see the Supersonics back.  Any idea when an expansion could happen?

The expansion drafts are always entertaining

I believe in two years is the time frame to add them. 

39 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Murray last year had 9.2 assists to 2.6 turnovers. That's as good as it gets. He should absolutely at the very least be given the chance to run the starting unit. Let Trae sulk. It's about winning

Trae had the most assists in the league bro. We just tried the one man show with playmaking, it didn't work. They will both get opportunities, most likely they will both average around 7 assist per game. 

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Y'all were talking about "running the point" with the 1st team or the 2nd team.  That's offensive. Trae will still be the guy offensively.  Yes, Murray will have more ball handling responsibilities than Huerter or Bogi had this year, so Trae's usage will likely go down some. But the idea that Trae is going to "run with the 2s" while DJ runs with the starters is just silly.  

Defensively, Murray will obviously take on the point of attack while Trae is hidden on the least of the opponent offensive players.  As always. The hope is that Trae will give more effort defensively now that his offensive load is less draining.  

But they aren't going to stop playing Trae just because they have another ball handler that plays great defense.  There will be some offense / defense scenarios at the end of games just like every other year.  But the point is it won't be subbing Murray for Trae or Trae for Murray.  Both will be on the court together.  If Trae needs to be subbed out for defense, it will be for someone else, not Murray who will be on the court already.  

I'm just saying having Trae on the bench at the end of some games might be the best move in certain instances. I'm intrigued to see how the team plays with Murray. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I'm more concerned in how well Nate will change his offense vs how Trae and Murray mesh together.  The pressure will be on Nate to make this work because Trae and Murray are studs.

I agree, the pressure is on Nate to be something he never really has been before, creative on offense

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

I'm just saying having Trae on the bench at the end of some games might be the best move in certain instances. I'm intrigued to see how the team plays with Murray. 

You aren't seeing what Trae provides off ball now that he knows we have another great ball handler. 

• Like 2

Just now, LucastheThird said:

Trae had the most assists in the league bro. We just tried the one man show with playmaking, it didn't work. They will both get opportunities, most likely they will both average around 7 assist per game. 

Im not suggesting a one man show. But end of game scenarios highlight defensive match ups. Just saying it's something to consider. 

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I get it.  I just don't think you are going to see Trae on the bench for the last 2-3 minutes of a game due to defensive issues because the offensive impact is so great.  Now, we very well may see - and have seen when the situation merits - Trae on the bench for the last defensive possession OR Nate doing the offense / defense substitutions over the last few possessions of a game.  That's always happened and will continue to happen. But we're talking about a handful of possessions in the last minute.  Not for any long stretches "to finish the game." 

And the idea that Trae is going to be relegated to 2nd pg because Murray has a better A/TO ratio is just silly.  I'd still bet that by the end of the year, Trae will spend about 70-75% of his time at PG and 25-30% at SG which is down significantly from this past season where I believe he was at PG for over 95% of his possessions.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I get it.  I just don't think you are going to see Trae on the bench for the last 2-3 minutes of a game due to defensive issues because the offensive impact is so great.  Now, we very well may see - and have seen when the situation merits - Trae on the bench for the last defensive possession OR Nate doing the offense / defense substitutions over the last few possessions of a game.  That's always happened and will continue to happen. But we're talking about a handful of possessions in the last minute.  Not for any long stretches "to finish the game." 

And the idea that Trae is going to be relegated to 2nd pg because Murray has a better A/TO ratio is just silly.  I'd still bet that by the end of the year, Trae will spend about 70-75% of his time at PG and 25-30% at SG which is down significantly from this past season where I believe he was at PG for over 95% of his possessions.    

Im just saying, with Murray we have more options now, and one of those is benching Trae in certain instances. I understand the politics of the NBA, you cant be bench your star, etc. But maybe from a tactical standpoint, there might be games where having Murray run point and keeping Trae on the bench is the right call.