• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

having Bogi and Huerter was a problem

I'll grant that Huerter was clearly the more marketable commodity. But BogBog was the one that needed to be sent out, if anyone, because of his age.

But I don't have to like that Schlenk spent all this time developing a young core of players who would naturally develop on-court chemistry together... I'm just persuaded that the concept is sound, and I'm equally persuaded that almost no franchise has the patience to ascend to it and maintain it.

Granted, the first guy to be sent out was sent out at his own request (Cam). But now, this makes two, and none of us will be surprised given all of the rumor chatter if there's not a third (JC) before long.

I hate it. We were building something very special and enduring. And now, we're just another team trying to outsmart every other team with essentially the same strategic plan as every other team.

7 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

For those that are against Huerter trade, having Bogi and Huerter was a problem.

You need to play them both significant minutes, basically they will be on the court at the same time, good shooting and bad defense and lack of strength and that is a problem. They were redundant and one needed to go so that you don’t need to play both. Holiday basically provides good shooting and better defense and can also play SF.

with one of them gone we can play more balanced combinations

Trae/Murray/ Hunter

A. Holiday/Bogi/J. Holiday

Murray/Bogi/J. Holiday

Young/J. Holiday/Hunter

Young/Bogi/Hunter

U still have log jam with the holiday bros..u know AJ will not see any time

14 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

@thecampster Can we added Harkless to any trade right now or we have to wait?

https://www.hoopsaddict.com/nba-trade-rules-explained/#Can_an_NBA_Team_Trade_a_Player_They_Just_Traded_For

"A team can trade a player they just traded for if the transaction was a straight-up deal. However, if they wish to include that player in a package with another player or draft picks, there is a 60 day waiting period before they may do so.

The only exception to this rule is that the team that traded the player away cannot re-acquire him. He can be traded by the acquiring team immediately provided it is a 1 for 1 deal, one that does not involve at least 3 players."

So for example, they could move him for a 2nd round pick. They could trade him for someone's draft rights. They could trade him for someone making 25% more than him + 1 of the trade exceptions (about $6.5 million in salary max). Or they wait 60 days to package him.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

And Atlanta has to add one of Coop or Martin to the squad and the other to 2 way since Brown already has the other 2 way spot. Right now, that's looking like Martin as he keeps us out of the LT due to being a rookie minimum and Coop already has an offer for another two way deal like Mays had last year. 

No, when you include Griffin we're already $1.8 million into the LT.  Marks isn't including Griffin.  Add the rookie salary not on a 2 way and you're about $3 million above the LT with 1 roster spot open.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

it's weird to hold people accountable despite them being young?  If you say so...

Nothing you said was about holding people accountable, it was just rude. There's ways to hold people accountable, and then there's just silly bashing 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
Just now, ABH said:

u know AJ will not see any time

Mark my words... he will get a consistent 6-12 minutes in practically every game, unless Sharife proves to be the one who gets those. McM will be playing Trae and Dejounte as a combination for the most part, imo.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Marks is wrong....You have to count Griffin's cap hold.  12 under contract but the rookie contract counts even before signed.  1st round selections are holds until the player signs, is traded, or released.

I could be mistaken, but if we get someone to take Harkless. that would give us enough $ to sign Rife + up to~4M and change while staying under the LT? 

• Like 1

Just now, h4wkfan said:

I could be mistaken, but if we get someone to take Harkless. that would give us enough $ to sign Rife + up to~4M and change while staying under the LT? 

Trading Harkless for a 2nd rounder wouldn't create the full million. Remember that's another roster spot you have to fill. Vet min average is $2 million. So yes it creates some salary but we're going to operate over the LT this year barring another trade.

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Mark my words... he will get a consistent 6-12 minutes in practically every game, unless Sharife proves to be the one who gets those. McM will be playing Trae and Dejounte as a combination for the most part, imo.

Doubtful..u seen Nate coach?

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

We were building something very special and enduring.

That's a mighty big assumption. What if we weren't? What if what we have seen from them proved to our front office it wasn't actually going to be something special? 

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Trading Harkless for a 2nd rounder wouldn't create the full million. Remember that's another roster spot you have to fill. Vet min average is $2 million. So yes it creates some salary but we're going to operate over the LT this year barring another trade.

Another trade such as....Cap and JC for Simmons?! 😛

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

No, when you include Griffin we're already $1.8 million into the LT.  Marks isn't including Griffin.  Add the rookie salary not on a 2 way and you're about $3 million above the LT with 1 roster spot open.

We aren't in the LT. Do the math. Griffin is 2.94 million. We have to have a min of 14 players. Adding Martin will put us right under the LT 

Edited by NBASupes

13 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Are you sure those #s are right? I need to pull it back up, but based on my rough math in my head (which I’m sure is oh so accurate) I was coming out to around the 1.1 from that tweet (including AJ). 

Edit: I’ll jump on the computer once the little fella is asleep and stranger things is on then do the actual math. 

Edited by h4wkfan

23 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Can you ever pinpoint me calling someone a bum?  I was nice to Bruno and I wanted him traded. 

No that’s what made it standout. I almost thought someone hacked your account for a sec.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, ABH said:

Doubtful..u seen Nate coach?

*sigh*

Context matters. Right?

Playoff Nate, yes, has a limited bench.

Regular Season Nate, I assert typically, isn't like that.

How can I say that?

I can say that because both of his regular seasons in ATL have been weird, and he was under the gun in both seasons--first one due to the lack of success under Lloyd, and second one due to the Great Recession. He had to be Playoff Nate from the 2nd half of both seasons just to try to make the playoffs at all.

Let me add to that.

Did you hear what Nate was saying in his preseason 2021-22 training camp presser? He spoke very clearly that it was his want to run two separate 5-man units as much as possible.

That goal never got off the launching pad, of course, as he only had his first 10 players available to him for maybe, what, 5(?) games all season???

He's had to adjust. So, no, I fully believe what I said I fully believe. Bookmark it, and I'll eat the crow if it proves wrong, but I think the easy conclusion that Nate wants to play a limited rotation in the regular season ignores context.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

That's a mighty big assumption. What if we weren't? What if what we have seen from them proved to our front office it wasn't actually going to be something special? 

Not really so much.

15 minutes ago, sturt said:

I hate it. We were building something very special and enduring. And now, we're just another team trying to outsmart every other team with essentially the same strategic plan as every other team.

Sorry this didn't go the way you wanted.  The GM literally went on the radio stating he and the owner regretted running it back last year.  This is so far pretty minimal change wise based off those comments.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not really so much.

And in the playoffs our roster's weaknesses got exposed by a team that was capable of playing switching defense and swarming our 1 playmaker. Your regular season .653 means about as much as Utah's great regular season records accompanied by their consistent 1st round exits: nada. 

We have improved our team. Be happy. 

Edited by RandomFan