• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

So you actually commented plenty about the picks.

Find a quote from me after the trade then.  But where is this going???  Can we just debate the moves vs attacking the posters?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You guys can stop dreaming now...What you see is what you get.  There is no 2nd shoe to drop.  The Front office was just trying to get under the cap and that's it.  Told their PR office to push the defensive narrative to ease the pain of recouping the 1st and getting under the cap. So Durant nor Simmons isn't coming thank goodness.  Teams don't need the Hawks as a 3rd team either.  There are plenty of other team with more flexibility than the Hawks who can help facilitate trades.

What else are we supposed to talk about in a “rumors” thread? Our excitement for the Holiday brothers on the team? Coop’s massive incoming contract? Or my favorite…Bruno’s triumphant homecoming.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Find a quote from me after the trade then.  But where is this going???  Can we just debate the moves vs attacking the posters?

This has nothing to do with you the poster, but just pointing out how you posted about defense and now you don't like the moves.

Not said one bad thing about you, just trying to figure out why you don't like any move, but they are following your philosophy of improving defensively.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Our excitement for the Holiday brothers on the team?

I’m pretty freakin excited. I like that family. Aaron for sure on the court makes nice plays and smart plays. Justin is cool too but he gets mad trigger happy from deep.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Have the Hawks made one move to improve the defense that you like?

Absolutely!  I'm at peace with the Murray trade.  Would have like to have kept Wright but that's ok.  Murray helps the 2nd unit with his play making more than the 1st with his shooting

• Like 4

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I think most of the Squawk would too. But by most accounts it would have cost us a pick since he has 2 years left on his contract.

If they aren't making another move, they should have gave up a protected pick and kept Huerter.

I read somewhere they like Bogi's leadership though so that probably kept him around.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think most of the Squawk would too. But by most accounts it would have cost us a pick since he has 2 years left on his contract.

I don’t know. I think Bogi is gonna have the year of his life. We shall see though. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Huh? His dad is on the Raptors staff.

Really?  I was reading an article the other day that was talking about his dad being a Hawks assistant coach.  I don't recall where I saw the article.  Perhaps I misread it(?)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This has nothing to do with you the poster, but just pointing out how you posted about defense and now you don't like the moves.

Not said one bad thing about you, just trying to figure out why you don't like any move, but they are following your philosophy of improving defensively.

You haven't heard me complain about the current Hawk team instead you've heard the opposite.  I've stated  in many threads that we should go into the season with what we have right now without further trades.  I don't know how much clearer this can be for you?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I complained when John and 3 st round picks was the trade.  Didn't even comment on the trade that actually happened

I, like you thought that JC and 3 1sts was an overpay.  It gave no value to JC which would be the wrong message. Gallo and the 3 1sts I was okay with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

You haven't heard me complain about the current Hawk team instead you've heard the opposite.  I've stated  in many threads that we should go into the season with what we have right without further trades.  I don't know how much clearer this can be for you?

Oh my apologies, so I'm confusing that with the moves they made..

I'll stand down if that's the case.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I liked K’von’s game a lot but many night’s he was just Kevin.

He was hurt and hasn't had many healthy off seasons.  I would have like to see how he started the season before jettisoning him off.  I hope Sacramento is good this year or the Hawks really did him dirty sending him to that terrible ran organization.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You don't remember the 100s of post you've made about defense?  You even created a thread about how top defensive teams, not fancy offensive teams, win championships.

The Hawks are making moves to become a top defensive team.

You've complained about the Murray trade.

You've complained about shipping out Huerter for two defenders and possible staying under the cap.

Don't understand why you are complaining when they are making moves to do what you've been preaching about for months.

This is who you are trying to educate. 

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif