• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins trade watch

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

o, I can see Collins being frustrated. He’s been a 20/10 guy previously and likely feels like he can still do that, but he likely won’t be able to show that off as he’s likely the third option.

It's a better third option. 

Murray will get him shots.   We will have some real 2-4 PNRs... JC should be somewhere working on his pick setting because he has a real slasher that will need some space.  And Murray will reward JC when the pick is set correctly and the defense collapses on him.  Or he will pass it off to Trae for the corner three or the 1-5 PNR.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Dejounte may be a PG, but I’d look for him to likely be the second option, he’s clearly highly skilled (honestly, you can see some Jamal Crawford in him, but he may play a lot better defense, while I’ve seen some Jamal highlights, idk how his defense was when he was younger).

For an idea of what I think he might be able to do…I’d say maybe 17/6/6?

So, I can see Collins being frustrated. He’s been a 20/10 guy previously and likely feels like he can still do that, but he likely won’t be able to show that off as he’s likely the third option.

Having said that, he shouldn’t be traded unless you get a really good player in the deal.

Collins was putting up 20/10 on a team that wasn't that developed or with any real ambition of winning.

He isn't that kind of player on a good winning team.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Kuzma thinks he’s better than he is.

Kuzma is one of the guys I just can't stand. I would not be glad if we traded Collins for this guy. Getting Deni is nice, I think he can become a solid starter level player but still giving away by far the best player in a trade is lame. Just keep John. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, txsting said:

What people have always said is the JC wasn't quite at the level to be the #2 guy on a championship roster.  But he is a damn fine #3.  He doesn't need the ball to be effective, he can do the little things, he can be a glue guy, he can shoot the 3, he can be an electrifying spark plug at times.  He's young too and under control for 4 more years.  Despite what people may want to think, he's on a solid/fair contract that only gets more and more valuable over time as that cap rises.

I like a 3 man core in the front court where you have one guy who spreads the court (JC), one guy who dominates the paint (OO), and a versatile 5 (i would hope Ayton).  Then obviously you need 2 more vet backups in the frontcourt and you are set.

If we keep John, we need to really commit to him and keep his name out the rumor mill.

Sounds like the issue is financial. Hawks in the luxury tax and the most movable big contract is JC.

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Sounds like the issue is financial. Hawks in the luxury tax and the most movable big contract is JC.

We are barely into the tax with a lot more moves left to make.  We've got some pretty big salaries sitting on the bench right now. 

For me I'm not super into the JC for a vet PF and a pick type deal.  If you can package JC with someone else in a deal where we come out with the superior player, alrighty then.  Odds of that are dwindling.  Ayton and who else?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, txsting said:

We are barely into the tax with a lot more moves left to make.  We've got some pretty big salaries sitting on the bench right now. 

For me I'm not super into the JC for a vet PF and a pick type deal.  If you can package JC with someone else in a deal where we come out with the superior player, alrighty then.  Odds of that are dwindling.  Ayton and who else?

I'd like for us to trade either Huerter or Bogi, but not sure what their market is. I think the idea is definitely to include Collins along with one of those two guys but not sure what the offers are. 

If you absolutely need to free money, move Huerter.  He's young and valuable now, but he doesn't have that dog in him and I feel like AJ Griffin could grow into that role.  In his case maybe you could recoup one of the picks that we traded away.

With Bogi - i'd rather let him play out his contract.  Next year he'll be on an expiring which will be good.  Also, if you let him play it out, Euro guys are much more loyal than Americans.  Decent chance you can bring him back on a mid-level at the age of 32.

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

If that is the case then why the Ben Simmons/Ayton talk? They will cost more

• Like 1