• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins trade watch

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

So the John Collins trade machine is starting up again. I guess every company or organization needs a scape goat to pend their lack of met expectations on someone. Now the claim is he isn't the perfect power foward. I'm beginning to dislike this front office if they think that Ben Simmons is a more perfect power forward worth $13 mil more dollars per year than John. Do they really think that every starting player on Golden State's team is perfect at their respective position? This front office and coaching staff is just flat out lazy if they can't find a way to make this team work with the talent it already has on the roster.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 7/4/2022 at 2:46 AM, Peoriabird said:

So the John Collins trade machine is starting up again. I guess every company or organization needs a scape goat to pend their lack of met expectations on someone. Now the claim is he isn't the perfect power foward. I'm beginning to dislike this front office if they think that Ben Simmons is a more perfect power forward worth $13 mil more dollars per year than John. Do they really think that every starting player on Golden State's team is perfect at their respective position? This front office and coaching staff is just flat out lazy if they can't find a way to make this team work with the talent it already has on the roster.

I guess we should wait and see how this year plays out. I know Nate can't coach, but I'm interested to see why TS brought in Fields. Is it because he played, he's young and can give a more clear perspective of talent or is he here to fire Nate, clean TS mess up, and keep TS employed?

So all these trade rumors re not coming from the team is it? I don't think so and really it just seems to be the media repeating the same crap over and over again.

Think it's a bad narrative the media has clamped onto and won't let it go.

• Thanks 2

I like Collins in this role where he would be the #3 guy.  I really think it can work.  We can hold onto Capela too if there is no clear upgrade for him.  We still need a big on the bench that can score a little bit to fill the hole that Gallo leaves, but otherwise I'm pretty excited to see this team.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 7/5/2022 at 12:35 PM, txsting said:

I like Collins in this role where he would be the #3 guy.  I really think it can work.  We can hold onto Capela too if there is no clear upgrade for him.  We still need a big on the bench that can score a little bit to fill the hole that Gallo leaves, but otherwise I'm pretty excited to see this team.

The front office should have an internal deadline the trading process to conclude especially for an established roster like the Hawk. The team and the coaching staff can start to design offseason programs for each individual players and arrange camps to work on continuity. I'm willing to bet teams like the Warriors, Heat and Celtics start this process very early each summer. Let the goofy teams like the Nets continue to think that can throw a bunch of players together at the last minute and win something.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, txsting said:

A back up big man and a Seth Curry/Duncan Robinson kind of shooter would be great.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

A back up big man and a Seth Curry/Duncan Robinson kind of shooter would be great.

Duncan Robinson was a disaster last season. Didn't play much in the playoffs

58 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Young

Murray

Sharpshooter

Collins

Cap

Could be a threatening line up. 

Hunter shot 37.9% from 3 last year, he needs to up his attempts though. I think Hunter's defense is important in this lineup. Hopefully, not have to ALWAYS guard the best wing, particularly those on the smaller side (Murray will), he'll do more on team defense and rebounding. More importantly, he needs to play 70+ games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Duncan Robinson was a disaster last season. Didn't play much in the playoffs

Hunter shot 37.9% from 3 last year, he needs to up his attempts though. I think Hunter's defense is important in this lineup. Hopefully, not have to ALWAYS guard the best wing, particularly those on the smaller side (Murray will), he'll do more on team defense and rebounding. More importantly, he needs to play 70+ games.

1. I wasn't suggesting a trade for Robinson. I just used him as an example.

Yeah, Hunter has a good 3pt percentage, but as of right now he doesn't worry other teams. It's the same with the Holiday brothers.

Teams aren't going to think twice if they have to focus on the Hawks backcourt defensively.

I see Hunter  as a Marvin like player. Some production, but others weren't worried about him enough to not leave him open to try and shutdown the backcourt.

And I wasn't suggesting that the Hawks should get a sharpshooter to start over Hunter, but it would be great to have that option off the bench.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

This put up or shut up time for Hunter. With the current lineup he really has no excuse to deliver solid efficient play on both ends. The difference betwee being just another team and a real championship threat could hinge on if he finally takes the next step and becomes a factor. 

Y'all act like Hunter did not have a good 2nd year before the injuries. Also Y'all act his value is only tied to his offense. By the way, I predict indivials other than Hunter will be shutting up. Lol! Hope the Hawks sign him before he blows up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all act like Hunter did not have a good 2nd year before the injuries. Also Y'all act his value is only tied to his offense. By the way, I predict indivials other than Hunter will be shutting up. Lol! Hope the Hawks sign him before he blows up.

He did have a good start to his 2nd year.  But don't act like he has nothing to prove.  A defensive stopper that doesn't rebound, or get steals, or deflections, and is a ball movement killer on offense.  

Also, we have availability issues.  Games he's played in a season is 63, 23, 53.    

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

He did have a good start to his 2nd year.  But don't act like he has nothing to prove.  A defensive stopper that doesn't rebound, or get steals, or deflections, and is a ball movement killer on offense.  

Also, we have availability issues.  Games he's played in a season is 63, 23, 53.    

The entire team has things to work on and prove. And they all had injuries

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

The difference is Hunter has never had a stretch of more than a few weeks where he's played like a rising star.  Collins, Capela, Trae, Murray, have all had entire seasons where they've established themselves.  Hunter had 6 weeks in his 2nd year.  

But you're right a lot of guys on this team have something to prove.  

Murray didn't break out until year 5

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

He ranks bottom twenty in his draft class (out of 60 players who have logged any type of minutes) in virtually every single value stat from VORP (he ranks second to last) to WAR, to Win Shares per 48 mins, box +-, Raptor, etc.

He has been outplayed by the likes of Cam Johnson, Jordan Poole, Kelvin Johnson, Terrance Mann and countelss other forwards taken after him. It's time for him to play like he did during those 15 games his second season, but throughout a whole season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1