• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins trade watch

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

JC has ADAPTED to the modern NBA, going from a guy who didn’t shoot any jumpers his whole career to a guy who shoots above average from 3pt range.

Yes, JC absolutely deserves credit for that.

:good:

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I love Capela and I love JC.  I don't know if I really blame one or the other for the sub-optimal pairing.  They both have their place on a winning team.  It's just that together, their limitations are a problematic fit.  They are both elite roll options, but they both need to be set up to score.  Ideally with Cap, you'd have a PF that can create off the dribble or post up and draw a double.  With JC, you'd have him as the roll man with a stretch 5 keeping the defense honest.  They also make a slightly undersized front court, but I'm ok with that if they're both healthy.

All that being said, I'm interested in seeing how Murray changes the dynamics of this.  Not interested enough to turn away from a JC/Ayton frontcourt though.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

So if the power forward is posting up...Where exactly would cap be?

Weak side of the low post?   There's also the high post and elbows for a PF to operate.  Big ol' "OR" in the middle of that too.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Then the lane gets crowded right?

Not necessarily.  There are many ways to work with multiple bigs.  We're doing it now and got to the ECF's without two guys having optimal complimentary skillsets.  If you need more context, then try to picture what Minnesota's offense will look like with these two:

Timberwolves rumors: Rudy Gobert linked to Minnesota amid Bulls interest

But look, just so you know...I'm not going to entertain you with a merry-go-round.  You just like to argue, no matter how well thought out the post is.  There's never a middle ground.  So, agree to disagree...or don't even agree to that.  Makes no nevermind to me.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Wretch said:

You just like to argue, no matter how well thought out the post is. 

I asked just 2 questions.  If that is an argument then I would love to be a part of your family. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I asked just 2 questions.  If that is an argument then I would love to be a part of your family. 

There it is. lol Well, I gave you my answers for your two questions so...

Peace Out GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/5/2022 at 4:41 PM, Atlantaholic said:

This put up or shut up time for Hunter. With the current lineup he really has no excuse to deliver solid efficient play on both ends. The difference betwee being just another team and a real championship threat could hinge on if he finally takes the next step and becomes a factor. 

In reality, he has been our worst on/off starter for every year (other than Cam). He has great promise, but hasn't really shown consistency. I hope he bets on himself this year and delivers! If he does, we are going deep in the playoffs. We can't loose that way. 

• Like 2

No matter how anyone “feels” about the fit between JC and Clint, we finished #2 in offensive rating last season and #8 the season before that.

This team has no issues scoring points with both of them. They fit together just fine. And that’s mainly because one of them learned how to step out and hit a jumpshot early in his career. One sacrifices for the other, but they both still eat. We should be happy. But, it’s the off season. So let’s continue to make problems where they don’t exist. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

But, it’s the off season. So let’s continue to make problems where they don’t exist. 

LOL.

Problems don't exist, eh? Sure. The Hawks are trying to trade him; and JC's camp has told reporters he's done in ATL and ready to move to an offense with more ball movement. 

But sure, let's act like we are just pulling stuff from our buttocks. 

Or better yet

image.png.36c06d70b45d9a988794fbeb0dabb24d.png

3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

No matter how anyone “feels” about the fit between JC and Clint, we finished #2 in offensive rating last season and #8 the season before that.

This team has no issues scoring points with both of them. They fit together just fine. And that’s mainly because one of them learned how to step out and hit a jumpshot early in his career. One sacrifices for the other, but they both still eat. We should be happy. But, it’s the off season. So let’s continue to make problems where they don’t exist. 

I dont wanna see Collins go but I do get the impression that he wants a bigger role on O.  We all see that him sacrificing his numbers, a bit, seems to have helped the team.  But it feels like, if the reports are true, he doesn't see it that way.

IOW, I'm wondering if he could be a festering problem despite being a team-first guy to this point.

I think this is a fair assertion to ponder. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I dont wanna see Collins go but I do get the impression that he wants a bigger role on O.  We all see that him sacrificing his numbers, a bit, seems to have helped the team.  But it feels like, if the reports are true, he doesn't see it that way.

IOW, I'm wondering if he could be a festering problem despite being a team-first guy to this point.

I think this is a fair assertion to ponder. 

Winning fixes all woes. Let's start the season strong and put his complaints to bed. 

• Thanks 1