• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Happy NBA2k23 release date day!

Spud2nique

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

So my 1991/92 era update:

I have added the Suns and Knicks to the teams I control. Knicks have Rod Strickland, Starks, trade for Reggie Lewis at SF, Oak, Ewing. Suns have Kevin Johnson, Hornacek, Majerle, Barkley and Seikaly. The Nets were offered Danny Manning so I had to take him. I got Vlade on the Nets along with Manning. Petro and Vlade are playing together in the NBA just like they should have been in real life. If you watched the "Once Brothers" 30 for 30 you understand why.

I put Pervis Ellison on the Sonics in a trade and man I forgot how good Never Nervous was before injuries destroyed his career. He fits in great in the frontcourt with Kemp and Detlef.

I freaking love this game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shakes said:

Nice.  I screwed up my league by only taking control of one team.   Next time I'll do every team so i can maintain the integrity of the rosters.  I'm in the 1988 playoffs with the Bulls, taking on the ATLANTA HAWKS and even @Spud2nique wouldn't recognize any of these "Hawks" players.     Hawks have Manute Bol starting at center and a backcourt that looks a tad geographically out of place with Ron Harper and Craig Ehlo.  Don't remember who else is in the lineup but there's definitely no Dominique or any Hawks player I remember.

I'm up 2-0 in the series.   Almost blew a 20 point lead in game 2, but then I just put MJ back in the game and let him take over.  I'm terrible and only know about 5% of the offensive controls, but having MJ sure does make things easy.

Do you know if there is a sit where you can find every transaction that took place each season so I can use that as a blue print for controlling every team and getting the rosters right?   Or do you just edit the rosters at the beginning of the season and put guys where they need to be?

I know every player and every position they were drafted from 84 on. In my head without a Google machine. I got an autograph from Manute at Vallco mall when I was 11. :biggrin:

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I know every player and every position they were drafted from 84 on. In my head without a Google machine. I got an autograph from Manute at Vallco mall when I was 11. :biggrin:

What I meant was none of then were ever on the Hawks.  Even worse, they got some scrub out there I never heard of running around in #21.

Was Manute on the Hawks?  Had no idea.

Edited by shakes

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I freaking love this game.

I am playing more in the 1983 era as well. I added the Sixers and Nuggets to the teams I control.

The Nuggets are simply amazing. I know @Dieselis a big fan of Doug Moe's motion offense as well. It is pure basketball poetry to have the offense of Alex English, Kiki and the Horse Dan Issel just blitzing people all game long. I swung a trade for Fat Lever and Bob Lanier so the entire starting five is good to great. I think Fat Lever and Calvin Natt came to Denver for Kiki in a trade at some point in the mid 80's. I beat the timeline by trading for Fat Lever for TR Dunn who came from the Blazers so it makes sense.

I also added someone's Andrew Toney "The Boston Strangler" to the Sixers since he was on that team. Man oh man is that Sixers tough good. Moses is God mode. First game, no cheese, scored 50 points and 25 boards with him. Dr J, Bobby Jones, Mo Cheeks and Toney around Moses...damn. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shakes said:

Was Manute on the Hawks?  Had no idea.

No he wasn’t. Oh I see what you’re saying they put a bunch of NBA dudes from around the league on the Hawks. Got it. 

I could play 2K all day. I love it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Another update for my 2k players: there's a guy that has completely authentic 1983, 1991 and 2002 rosters for each era. I started a new 91 era to play the Spurs, Pacers and Blazers. Heavily tempted to start another 1983 era for completely accurate rosters.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...