• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mo Harkless to OKC

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

primary back up

JaVale McGee would argue that he started ahead of Kaminsky even with Ayton out.

And.

You're that easily impressed with 9 games?

And in 3 of those 9 games, he didn't even log 10 minutes.

C'mon.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Kaminsky is a much better player than Jalen Johnson is

Big, if true.

Hope not.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

towards the end

The end... of what? He was eligible to play 13 friggin games. And only got into 9 of them. And only played significant minutes in 6 of them.

Amazing the hype around here for a guy whose previous season featured 3 games total... total... where he made an important contribution.

Three.

C'mon folks. If Mule is Mr. Sunshine around here, I'm Mr. Moonshine... but not even I can spin three games as-if reason to give all this love and affection to Frank.

2022-09-27_23-09-32.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I was wrong....CORRECTION........We are $1.7 million under the Luxury Tax.

Interesting. Exactly the amount of KJ Martin's contract... and we still have that Huerter trade exception.... hmmmm.

Or... this still works under the tax line...

2022-09-28_08-58-30.png

(A guy can dream.)

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Interesting. Exactly the amount of KJ Martin's contract... and we still have that Huerter trade exception.... hmmmm.

Or... this still works under the tax line...

2022-09-28_08-58-30.png

(A guy can dream.)

JHoliday is going to be here until Nate isn't.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

AHoliday, maybe.

JHoliday is 33 years old, and in serious decline. I don't care how much one reads into the situation that Nate absolutely loves the guy, Schlields calls the shots. At least, I sure hope so.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I agree.

59 minutes ago, sturt said:

AHoliday, maybe.

JHoliday is 33 years old, and in serious decline. I don't care how much one reads into the situation that Nate absolutely loves the guy, Schlields calls the shots. At least, I sure hope so.

Serious decline??? He wasn't good to end the season in Sac after the trade but (it's Sac) and his Indy numbers last year are on par with his previous 2 years in Indy.

I'm calling it - JHol will be here for the duration of his contract.

Here's why I think he will be here: He's a veteran for the 2nd unit - to start the season he will be slotted between Tyrese/AJ at SG and JJ at PF....they're gonna need some help being in the right position.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Serious decline??? He wasn't good to end the season in Sac after the trade but (it's Sac) and his Indy numbers last year are on par with his previous 2 years in Indy.

Yes.

Serious decline.

Absolutely.

I've been wrong before. I'm not wrong about this. Numbers can lie, of course, but these are some dramatic numbers... I don't think they're lying.

2022-09-28_12-38-02.png

2022-09-28_12-42-08.png

2022-09-28_12-41-03.png

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Excuse me while I stretch so I can pat myself on the back.

[quote] Harkless is a bum (IMHO) and I'll be perfectly happy when we pay one of those excess 2nd round picks for someone to take him off our hands. There are better players to be had at a vet minimum right now.  He was salary to get the deal done and nothing else.  What we get with Harkless is a salary that can be packaged with a trade exception to bring back a $7-10 million player.  I don't expect him here for the first game of the season. I don't expect him here in 3 weeks.  I could be wrong on both. [/quote]

I was wrong on 3 weeks, I was wrong on the possibility to package him later with an exception.  I was not wrong that he wouldn't start the season with us. He was never in our plans. I'm still mad K'von is gone but I get it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5103039

(Somehow it's easy for me to imagine camp dressing like Vince Furnier. Don't ask me why.)

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Excuse me while I stretch so I can pat myself on the back.

[quote] Harkless is a bum (IMHO) and I'll be perfectly happy when we pay one of those excess 2nd round picks for someone to take him off our hands. There are better players to be had at a vet minimum right now.  He was salary to get the deal done and nothing else.  What we get with Harkless is a salary that can be packaged with a trade exception to bring back a $7-10 million player.  I don't expect him here for the first game of the season. I don't expect him here in 3 weeks.  I could be wrong on both. [/quote]

I was wrong on 3 weeks, I was wrong on the possibility to package him later with an exception.  I was not wrong that he wouldn't start the season with us. He was never in our plans. I'm still mad K'von is gone but I get it.

You had that queued up and ready to drop :laugh1:

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not really super excited about Justin but his overall 3p% last year was basically the same as Bogi.  

You're super excited, then, about the trend from 30, to 31, to 32 years old... and how that suggests we should feel about age 33?... seems like you're grasping for something nice to say about JDay and wanted to ignore that... but it was the emphasis of the post to which you appeared to be responding after all, right?

Justin vs. BogBog 2021-22... these are essentially equivalent players?

2022-09-28_16-54-24.png

And BogBog trend for the previous three seasons... these are essentially equivalent players?

2022-09-28_16-57-23.png

2022-09-28_16-56-29.png

Why are some people so in denial about this? Is it b/c JDay is such a nice guy? I dunno. (I do have my working theory on that, but I'm just not sure it would be well-received to put it out there. I'm in one of those "nice" moods today. 😉 )

JDay as a 3rd unit wing, acceptable.

JDay as a rotation guy, unacceptable.