• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Assuming he gets cut, here's the PF and C available:

Centers

Power Forwards

That's not an exciting list at all.:huh:

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

I’m just glad Travis recognized he needed to get rid of Harkless, so that Nate would be forced to play JJ.

I keep saying it but it bares repeating.  Frank Kamisky will be in the rotation which probably means that OO will get a lions share of the back up 4 minutes

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I keep saying it but it bares repeating.  Frank Kamisky will be in the rotation which probably means that OO will get a lions share of the back up 4 minutes

Hell, I almost forgot about the Tank.. lol

As long as he doesnt play him and JC together(like he did with Gallo) Im fine with Kaminski getting some run..

Either CC or OO should be on the floor at ALL times this season......

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Centers

Power Forwards

🤮

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, warcore said:

Mixed feelings....
On one hand it's a move that confirms we are cheap... we could have kept him until later in the season and dumped him to still get under the tax, possibly not having to give up a 2nd. 
On the other, it guarantees more backup min for JJ

"Confirms were cheap" but would keeping him have made any difference? He was trash.

• Premium Member

This is what a Blazer fan said regarding Mo:

The problem is, when Moe isn't starting, he pouts and his performance tanks. During his time in Portland, there were two versions of Moe Harkless: when starting - Motivated Moe; when not - No Show Moe. Third stringer Moe would be pretty useless. You'd be better of taking a flyer on a young, hungry, undrafted player. At least he'll show up, play hard and might actually improve.

.....no need to keep a malcontent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is what a Blazer fan said regarding Mo:

The problem is, when Moe isn't starting, he pouts and his performance tanks. During his time in Portland, there were two versions of Moe Harkless: when starting - Motivated Moe; when not - No Show Moe. Third stringer Moe would be pretty useless. You'd be better of taking a flyer on a young, hungry, undrafted player. At least he'll show up, play hard and might actually improve.

.....no need to keep a malcontent.

"young hungry undrafted player"

download.jpg.2b2c1cd33d5e1e7df32861ff15d7f886.jpg

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

he certainly wasn't worth paying the lux tax for him.

Letting him go months ahead of the trading deadline is justified if it was perceived he was a likely malcontent.

Letting him go months ahead of the trading deadline (read "deadline for getting under the tax line") is not justified if it was all about getting under the tax line. It's patently ridiculous, actually, given that we were a relative hair over the line, and it wouldn't have taken much to swing a deal later if circumstances compelled that.

I'm scared though that it was indeed about the latter, not so much the former. (I've read about Mo Harkless quite a bit this off-season, and one anonymous fan's opinion isn't persuasive that he's a sulker.)

If there's no other deal that follows this one, that fear will be well-supported. *sigh*

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

He better not be.

The best thing you can do for your investment in a guy who's been injured more than he's played is to play him as little as you possibly can.

The worst thing you can do for your investment in a guy who was your FRP a season ago is not play him.

Moreover, you can't play Kaminsky against just anyone. Have to be very selective which Cs or PFs you have him play against.

Kaminsky is an interesting player, and can be a net positive when the conditions are right. But he's not an every-game player, nor should he be... again, given his four consecutive years of significant injury (two is concerning, three is a lot, four is danger-Will-Robinson territory).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Centers

Power Forwards

Trevor Ariza! Yeaaaaa..

Not even in practice Trev? :er:

D181E531-F63E-4BDC-AF31-D6FFA33223F3.jpeg

• Premium Member

I knew this was going to happen to get us under the LT. As my source told me back when it happened we only traded Kevin for LT reasons. Now Harkless is off the roster and we're safely under the LT. Again.

I'm glad this means JJ has an easier path to minutes.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Damn. Is there any doubt which team was the aggressor in this trade?

And. The absence of quotes from either GM in either team's press release suggests that agents for both players probably should be on the phone looking for their clients' next stop.

This is the OKC release, which offered more intel than the ATL one...

2022-09-27_20-51-12.png

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

He better not be.

The best thing you can do for your investment in a guy who's been injured more than he's played is to play him as little as you possibly can.

The worst thing you can do for your investment in a guy who was your FRP a season ago is not play him.

Moreover, you can't play Kaminsky against just anyone. Have to be very selective which Cs or PFs you have him play against.

Kaminsky is an interesting player, and can be a net positive when the conditions are right. But he's not an every-game player, nor should he be... again, given his four consecutive years of significant injury (two is concerning, three is a lot, four is danger-Will-Robinson territory).

Kaminsky is a much better player than Jalen Johnson is right now.  Dude was the primary back up on a 60 win team last year before he was injured

• Thanks 1