• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mo Harkless to OKC

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Is the love affair for Favors because he went to Ga Tech?

I liked Favors... about 5 years ago.   Do you think he helps us with our biggest problem... size?

Where's the push for us to go after Whitesides.   Dude had a not so bad year last year. 

His stats the last 2 years:

Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2020-21 29 UTA NBA C 68 0 15.3 2.3 3.6 .638 0.0 0.0 .000 2.3 3.5 .643 .638 0.9 1.2 .738 2.0 3.5 5.5 0.6 0.5 1.0 0.5 2.1 5.4
2021-22 30 OKC NBA C 39 18 16.7 2.4 4.7 .516 0.1 0.4 .125 2.4 4.3 .554 .522 0.4 0.6 .640 1.5 3.2 4.7 0.6 0.4 0.3 0.2 1.6 5.3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

His stats the last 2 years:

Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2020-21 29 UTA NBA C 68 0 15.3 2.3 3.6 .638 0.0 0.0 .000 2.3 3.5 .643 .638 0.9 1.2 .738 2.0 3.5 5.5 0.6 0.5 1.0 0.5 2.1 5.4
2021-22 30 OKC NBA C 39 18 16.7 2.4 4.7 .516 0.1 0.4 .125 2.4 4.3 .554 .522 0.4 0.6 .640 1.5 3.2 4.7 0.6 0.4 0.3 0.2 1.6 5.3

Well, his percentages are not so bad and his rebounding is good.  But this is whitesides last two years..

2020-21 31 SAC NBA C 36 4 15.2 3.5 6.2 .563 0.0 0.0 .000 3.5 6.2 .565 .563 1.1 2.2 .519 1.7 4.3 6.0 0.6 0.3 1.3 1.1 2.0 8.1
2021-22 32 UTA NBA C 65 8 17.9 3.3 5.1 .652 0.0 0.0   3.3 5.1 .652 .652 1.6 2.6 .623 2.6 5.0 7.6 0.4 0.3 1.6 0.8 2.8

8.2 ppg. 

Now, I haven't talked to him or heard about him.. still wanting to play or not... but he's productive also.  And he's 7'1, 265lbs and a shot blker by nature.  He's a third big... and Kamiska can play the 4 or the 5. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 9/29/2022 at 11:37 AM, sturt said:

Couldn't find a good tongue-in-cheek GIF... 😉 ...but yeah, I've never known Landry to lie... but the other part to that is that I really just don't know Landry yet... and yeah, I've never known Landry to miss a goal, but the other part to that is that I don't have any grasp of what goals he's set at all... so truly, " I've never known Landry to lie or to fail to achieve a stated goal."

We'll see.

I will say this much... you probably don't put it out there that you think player X should be 100% for opening night if you think there"s really no chance of that and rather he"s likely to be out the first month.

Thoughts on Nate saying 'Bogi is away away' and not even practicing as yet?  Season starts in 4 days!

Did Fields miss the mark?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thoughts on Nate saying 'Bogi is away away' and not even practicing as yet?  Season starts in 4 days!

Did Fields miss the mark?

Of course he has.

The actual question here, though Jay, isn't that.

Do you believe he was lying, and contrary to my skepticism then, knew fairly well this was how it would play out?

I'm just slow to not give people in general a benefit of a doubt... and that may just be a fault of mine. Until we have more intel to establish he will say whatever he thinks is to his advantage regardless of what is likely true, I'm comfortable here on my side of the internet. (And, I should add, I'm really not sure how it would be perceived as to his advantage to lie about it... but maybe I'm missing something... ?)

• Premium Member
On 10/11/2022 at 4:46 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Now waived!

I may have already posted this, but if I did, it was right before bed last night and I'm too lazy to go figure it out...

Keith Smith confirmed that we could sign Mo now that he's been traded twice or more then released.... which you might recall we couldn't do with Tony Snell last off-season (as at least one person wanted us to do I believe)... he was only traded once (us to DET), then released.

• Premium Member
On 10/15/2022 at 7:04 PM, sturt said:

The actual question here, though Jay, isn't that.

Do you believe he was lying, and contrary to my skepticism then, knew fairly well this was how it would play out?

I never referenced or used lying, so I'll just repost what I said previously...

On 9/29/2022 at 11:27 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

You seem to think that what GM's say are set in stone - it's a fluid situation and circumstances change.

On 9/29/2022 at 12:15 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

GMs say a lot of things.  I try to take things at face value in that moment.  Things move and change fast in the NBA landscape. I go with flow.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I never referenced or used lying, so I'll just repost what I said previously...

On 9/29/2022 at 10:27 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

You seem to think that what GM's say are set in stone - it's a fluid situation and circumstances change.

On 9/29/2022 at 11:15 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

GMs say a lot of things.  I try to take things at face value in that moment.  Things move and change fast in the NBA landscape. I go with flow.

Dodge, and here's why.

I'm asking in that moment when he said it... not now, but then... did you think he was lying that he believed that?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Dodge, and here's why.

I'm asking in that moment when he said it... not now, but then... did you think he was lying that he believed that?

No. I said what I said... when GMs speak I never take it as absolutes.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No. I said what I said... when GMs speak I never take it as absolutes.

You'd think Jay and I were on a debate stage running for Congress.... dang, my friend, why is it so hard to answer the actual question?

I promise, there's no trap door beneath your internet that will swallow you up for the wrong answer, whatever that is. Or, I'm pretty sure. But now as I think about it, I also have exhausted my interest in your transparent and truthful answer anyway.

Anyone else? Did you think Fields was actually himself persuaded that they should have BogBog back 100% to start the season, or do you think he was just saying that for whatever reason?

Fields probably saw what we saw, Bogie taking all those shots and moving around well.  Thinking that this indicated that he was ready to go and play.  

So, Bogie may not be ready for another week or two.  No big deal.  Hawks have a lot of parts to fit together to open the season.  

He will be ready soon.  That will be a nice plus to our offense!

NBA season begins today.  Hawks season begins tomorrow.  GO ATL HAWKS !!

🥰

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sturt said:

You'd think Jay and I were on a debate stage running for Congress.... dang, my friend, why is it so hard to answer the actual question?

I promise, there's no trap door beneath your internet that will swallow you up for the wrong answer, whatever that is. Or, I'm pretty sure. But now as I think about it, I also have exhausted my interest in your transparent and truthful answer anyway.

Anyone else? Did you think Fields was actually himself persuaded that they should have BogBog back 100% to start the season, or do you think he was just saying that for whatever reason?

Jay answered you directy, she didn't think Fields was lying. As much as GMs might lie, in this instance I think Fields was just wrong. With timetables on injuries, you can be optimistic but the reality is you never know how soon a player can return when it's early in the recovery process.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Jay answered you directy, she didn't think Fields was lying.

All due respect, quote her then.

She indicated that GMs change their minds with regularity. (That's all I saw that she'd said, but feel free to correct me if I missed something else.)

Context here is that she'd indicated not long after Fields had made his assertion that BogBog should be ready to go for the start of the season that she was fairly certain that wasn't true. So, given the assumption that Fields ought to have better insight than any of us on the outside, even Jay, it suggested strongly that she thought Fields wasn't being upfront (aka, being less than truthful), for whatever reason. I responded that I had no reason to doubt that Fields was being upfront with us. So, on the one hand, kudos to Jay for being skeptical, but then when she comes back to this thread to accept her attagirls for that and makes a point to quote from my post in so doing, it's not really wrong for me to rehearse what was my actual original question, ie, do we think Fields was lying. There has been no yes or no to that, and I don't get why, but it's Amurica... free country... she's allowed to sidestep the question if she wants, as are political candidates across the country this time of year.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Jay answered you directy, she didn't think Fields was lying. As much as GMs might lie, in this instance I think Fields was just wrong. With timetables on injuries, you can be optimistic but the reality is you never know how soon a player can return when it's early in the recovery process.

Thanks.

This is sturts 🌎  - I'm just here for shits and giggles :hmm:.:laugh1:

I never mentioned, said, projected or intimated one way or the other I thought Fields was lying or not. I said it exactly how I said...I never take anything a GM says as set in stone.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1