• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

49 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

“Since that Fred VanVleet rant… the NBA has actually demoted Ben Taylor in his assignments.” @tomhaberstroh on how the #NBA has handled the Taylor/VanVleet situation with @JDBunkis .

Typical reactive Adam Sliver NBA.  I don't care how bad that ref is, he ain't the worst.  But because a bit player complained loudly, the league reacted.  This ain't good, imho.  Doesn't solve the problem(s). 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Just put names on the table, let em pick.  Just save Trae.  We'll need him and picks to get Pritchard. 😏

I'm seeing a lot of Trae for JB....I'm not doing that. Trae has proven he can carry a team, as much as I like JB, he hasn't. They can have DJ+.....or better yet, clear salary and offer him a FA contract in a year when his contract expires.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm seeing a lot of Trae for JB....I'm not doing that. Trae has proven he can carry a team, as much as I like JB, he hasn't. They can have DJ+.....or better yet, clear salary and offer him a FA contract in a year when his contract expires.

No idea how or why folks are comfortable moving forward with Mary but not Trae.  Trae makes errors but atleast he shows up consistently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't that great, everyone seeing all those great Atlanta Hawks shown in the clip!  WOW!  And all the championships that we have!

Seriously, how many Championships were lacking one of these players?  Not a lot, I suppose.  Champions must have a great all star player or a great player having an all star year.

:smug:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yay or Nay?

Yes.

I’d trade for 

Jaylen Brown

Marcus Smart

OG Anunoby 

Pascal Siakam

Not interested in too many others. These 4 I would make a move that didn’t include Trae DM OO or AG.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Can it be CC JC and/or Jalen? :huh:

Trae

DM

JB

Hunter

OO

On second thought it would have to include DM I think. Ugh. You gotta give talent to get it.

JB is perfect for Atlanta. Dog.

If it’s DM.. who else? Oh no not AJ… I don’t know that’s a lot, that could be a deal breaker, I’d hate to give up Griff. What about DM and Bogi for JB and Gallo back? 

80ED107C-8759-49E4-BD9C-C6DC1750CD17.jpeg

• Like 1

• Moderators

So Cuban is in a tizzy because his team is a bunch of dum dums apparently.  

Mavericks plan to protest loss to Warriors alleging referee mistake in third quarter - CBSSports.com

Here's the thing i don't get.  The Mavs are claiming they thought it was their ball so they went to the offensive end of the court.  Problem is all 5 guys did it.   If they thought it was their ball why didn't 2 of them go to inbound it.   And they are going to protest this?   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So Cuban is in a tizzy because his team is a bunch of dum dums apparently.  

Mavericks plan to protest loss to Warriors alleging referee mistake in third quarter - CBSSports.com

Here's the thing i don't get.  The Mavs are claiming they thought it was their ball so they went to the offensive end of the court.  Problem is all 5 guys did it.   If they thought it was their ball why didn't 2 of them go to inbound it.   And they are going to protest this?   

That was weird. They gave the ball to the Warriors then pointed a timeout for the Mavs. My question is why weren’t the Mavs at least lined up on DEFENSE OR OFFENSE, like why weren’t they on the court? I don’t get what happened. Strange.

Either way, the refs really stink. 

I rarely complain about refs or calls in the last 40 years but this is horrible. I honestly think Adam Silver thinks it’s extra drama, I hate that dude.

• Like 4