• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

December 15th - Trade Eligible/10-Day Eligible January 5th

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Teams can begin singing players to 10-Day contracts beginning tomorrow January 5th.

NBA 10-day contracts ranged from $61,000 to $175,000 and last exactly 10 days.

• Thanks 1

• JayBirdHawk changed the title to December 15th - Trade Eligible/10-Day Eligible January 5th
  • Premium Member

The Cavs are offering us Levert and a 2nd rounder/cash for Bogi. Levert is a FA after this season which means he comes off the books and it helps to avoid the LT next season. I think we might have to throw Kaminski in to make the trade work if I remember my source's hurried conversation correctly.

And before anyone asks me...every team in the NBA knows which teams will pay the LT or not. Most of them even work together (nice way of saying blatantly collude) to help each other avoid the LT. 

Why do they do it? Bogi is an excellent shooter and has embraced a sixth man role which is a 180 turn from last season. They don't need Levert as much as they could use Bogi to go with their size.

Why do we do it? Levert is an expiring veteran wing we can use for a playoff "run" this season. We let him walk in the offseason and by saving that money we have enough breathing room next season to probably keep Capela and/or Collins. It also next season gives AJ Griffin all the minutes he can handle as our top wing/guard off the bench.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

The Cavs are offering us Levert and a 2nd rounder/cash for Bogi. Levert is a FA after this season which means he comes off the books and it helps to avoid the LT next season. I think we might have to throw Kaminski in to make the trade work if I remember my source's hurried conversation correctly.

And before anyone asks me...every team in the NBA knows which teams will pay the LT or not. Most of them even work together (nice way of saying blatantly collude) to help each other avoid the LT. 

Why do they do it? Bogi is an excellent shooter and has embraced a sixth man role which is a 180 turn from last season. They don't need Levert as much as they could use Bogi to go with their size.

Why do we do it? Levert is an expiring veteran wing we can use for a playoff "run" this season. We let him walk in the offseason and by saving that money we have enough breathing room next season to probably keep Capela and/or Collins. It also next season gives AJ Griffin all the minutes he can handle as our top wing/guard off the bench.

Saw this same trade yesterday on Fansided.

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2023/01/04/proposed-trade-hawks-guard-right-swing-cavs/amp/2/

Screenshot_20230105_235631_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have never heard of that website but it is interesting that a Cavs person is hearing something as well. I'm assuming this is them reporting talks or maybe just fan thoughts?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Why Can't Utah help us out by trading Malik Beasley for Bogi..  same thing..

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Why Can't Utah help us out by trading Malik Beasley for Bogi..  same thing..

The last I heard Utah was trying to get JC from us not Bogi. They were offering Beasley and other scraps plus protected firsts for JC.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

The last I heard Utah was trying to get JC from us not Bogi. They were offering Beasley and other scraps plus protected firsts for JC.

I guess 36 year old Rudy Gay would be part of the scraps to make salaries work. 

So who starts at PF for us and with Capela's injury history that leaves us exceptionally thin in the front court. Who grabs boards and defends. 

This doesn't make sense at all. I understand wanting to cut salary but this ain it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AHF said:

Let's get rid of Huerter and then trade JC for a worse version of Huerter later in the a season.  For bonus points this will be a player who plead guilty to threatening a family member with a rifle so great add to the locker room.

That will instill confidence in the fan base!

#BringBakTravis

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

#BringBakTravis

I like Landry Fields background and resume. When I hear him speak though, that ain’t him. He’s not the best candidate. I mean he might grow into it but this ish ain’t amateur hour.

Go with a GM who commands respect and has been in a league a while.

Our team as far as roster is ready to compete, why is our front office acting like we are rebuilding or something.

YOU SAID IT! IN SCHLENK WE TRUST…

ED… 😞 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like Landry Fields background and resume. When I hear him speak though, that ain’t him. He’s not the best candidate. I mean he might grow into it but this ish ain’t amateur hour.....

Lemme guess, he sounds like a guy who became buddies with a team owner's kid who's getting shoehorned into a power position and who's bringing him along because they're buddies?

Am I close? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lemme guess, he sounds like a guy who became buddies with a team owner's kid who's getting shoehorned into a power position and who's bringing him along because they're buddies?

Am I close? 

Ya that and… I think he’s met all the right people and connections himself being at Stanford, being in Toronto, just gettin around. 

The actual work though… there is none. Blank canvas, he better be good.

To me, it’s not always about where you went to school and who you know or anything..

It’s about being passionate and just being creative, crafty and efficient. 

We shall see. I’m not gonna judge him yet. Maybe after a few transactions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Ya that and… I think he’s met all the right people and connections himself being at Stanford, being in Toronto, just gettin around. 

The actual work though… there is none. Blank canvas, he better be good.

To me, it’s not always about where you went to school and who you know or anything..

It’s about being passionate and just being creative, crafty and efficient. 

Yep.  I'll judge his upcoming deadline then coach hire.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh, to make it clear I’m not wanting transactions… at least not player ones..

🏃‍♀️ 

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

then coach hire

Jinx buy me a coke 😂 

• Haha 2