• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Korver Promoted to Assistant GM

JayBirdHawk

• JayBirdHawk changed the title to Kyle Korver Promoted to Assistant GM
Just now, bleachkit said:

Another yes man for Ressler's bratty son. 

If I was Ressler’s son, you guys would have it made in the shade. I’d take the toy (the Hawks franchise) and take it to the top! 

Best toy I ever got was a tonka truck 🛻 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He literally has ZERO front office experience. We all like Korver of course but man Landry and Korver as GMs is probably the single most inexperienced front office in the entire league. Not saying that HAS to be a bad thing, but man, going from Schlenk to essentially two rookies is pretty bold. 

Landry has plenty of experience in GMing.  

What experience do you think most GM's have before being promoted to GM? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Landry has plenty of experience in GMing.  

What experience do you think most GM's have before being promoted to GM? 

Bro Landry had his first NBA manager experience I think last year as an assistant and Korver literally has none before this year.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

We're officially a team for guys to build their resumes and move on.  Great.  

Well while we're at let's get Van Exel some head coaching experience for a few months. 

I non ironacally thought we should go for it during the Clips game they talked about him briefly. Loved him as a player, but I'm not sure I've ever seen him open his mouth and speak lol. Still probably wouldn't be a step down from Nate atm. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

?

I think most have worked in a front office for a while.   He went from g league to nba gm in 3 years

In September 2019, Fields was named general manager of the Austin Spurs of the NBA G League.[18] On October 2, 2020, Fields was named as assistant general manager of the Atlanta Hawks.[19] On June 13, 2022, Landry Fields was named General Manager of the Atlanta Hawks.[20]

Did the Austin Spurs at least win the championship during his tenure? What does a GM of a G-league team even do? Don't they essentially just take the player the NBA affiliates banish?