• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Korver Promoted to Assistant GM

JayBirdHawk

5 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Up next, Nique announced as interim head coach. 

"Guys, stop shooting threes, those are bad shots. Also, when someone gets hot and is hitting shots and then finally misses one, that's called a heat check. Also, as long as we are in the lead at any point in the last 6 minutes of game then we have already won. Now let's do this!"

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

Here's how it happened.

Young Ressler and Fields in the break room. 

Young Ressler:  Now that Travis is fired.  I need to make some snazzy moves!!!

Fields:   Yeah Snazzy!!

Young Ressler:  Maybe I can Fire Nate and hire Trae's Dad.   Yeah, he played.   Trae likes him.   He could be our next head coach.   Has there ever been a Father & Son Coach and Player?

Fields:   Nah... that sounds too much like a NY thing to do. 

Young Ressler:  Yeah, you're right.  We're better than NY. 

Fields:  How about Isaiah Thomas?  He's hot right now... his wine is off the chain!!

Young Ressler:  No...  he's an old guy.  We don't want any more old guys. 

Korver walks in the room...

Korver:  Hi, guys... Just getting some of this coffee.

Young Ressler:  That's it..  Kyle... How would you like to be the next Hawks coach!!

Korver:  Gee.... I couldn't do that.   

Young Ressler:  Sure you could.  Trae likes you.  You are the best three point shooter in the history of the franchise... and we need to be better at shooting three pointers.

Korver:  I'm sorry.  I don't know the first thing about coaching. 

Fields:   It's simple.  You just tell guys what to do.  Look, I didn't know the first thing about being the GM... but Old Ressler told me... You just make decisions..  I said, I've made decisions all my life!  This is easy...

Korver:  Well, I still don't know what to tell guys to do.  It would be easier just to make decisions.

Young Ressler:  Ok...  You're right.  It is easier to make decisions.  Instead of the Head coach, how about the Assistant GM.

Korver:  What would I have to do?

Young Ressler:  You would have to think about making decisions and just agree with the decisions Trae ma...  I mean Landry makes...

Korver:  Well, hell I can do that.   I will take it.

Young Ressler:  Gather up the press.  Tell them we have a new ASSISTANT GM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

Korver as a coach is one thing I could definitely get behind. He has a good basketball IQ and is a smart guy. 

This is not the worst hire. I wish we had hired someone with more actual front office experience but Nick Ressler is all about empowering himself, his friends and to a degree Landry Fields friends.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Another yes man for Ressler's bratty son. 

The good news is that by association, Trae is the co-decision maker with Nick. They are a package deal, along with Korver and Fields.

Trae wanted DJM and Nick made it happen even if it meant trading Kevin for trash..

Trae wanted Capela long term so he got an extension despite his injury history..

We have what we always wanted.

A player/GM that dictates what happens with the team on and off the court.

We have arrived!!!!!!!

Next up Quavo promoted to Kyle Korver previous role.. smh

https://www.si.com/nba/hawks/news/atlanta-hawks-players-quavo-attend-wedding

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...