• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Athletic (Sam Amick): Nick Ressler runs the team now (The Resslers = Atlanta Spirit Group 2.0?) (OPEN THE FLOOD GATES Y'ALL)

GameTime

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Wretch said:

I don't hate the Murray trade. I didn't hate it when it went down, but I did have reservations about the later picks. My thing is how messy this all is. 

The worst part is reading DJM's comparison of our organization to San Antonio. That is an embarrassment #1 and #2 shows that we are not a serious organization. The part about Ressler's kid is a 3rd gut punch. 

We don't need whispers of overt ownership meddling and rumours of NBA2K influencing our decision making. We don't need that added to the stigma that's beginning to solidify around us. 

Murray had some critiques for the spurs org as he left.   Probably didn't know how much worse it could be.

Warriors 144, Spurs 113 What they said after game | kens5.com

image.png

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 12:22 PM, Sothron said:

Thank you to @Wretchand @sturt and @JayBirdHawk for defending me and/or reaching out to me in private. I am a week out from losing my father in law and trying to help Mrs. Sothron deal with her grief as well as my own. I don't need any extra crap. If someone on here doesn't believe I have sources despite years and I mean years of being proven right by what I say then hey, that's fine, don't believe. That's your right. Don't call me a liar in public. That's not much to ask. 

As @Wretchso nicely said (thanks again) I am a pretty nice guy IRL. There's not much that offends me but calling me a liar is one of them. I don't get money off anything I post here. Neither does @NBASupesor @thecampsterwherever he's at now. I don't get "internet clout". I don't have a blog. I don't have a podcast. I don't have a social media following. I'm just a fat dude in his forties that has slimmed down some and loves this miserable franchise far more that it deserves to be loved. 

If you have a problem with me please talk to me in private. There's nothing lamer than internet back and forth and it frankly makes everyone involved lesser for it. 

still here, flying under the radar

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Too soon?

Maybe it is true that....

giphy.gif

Listened to Raja Bell on the ringer podcast.  They basically regurgitated much of the dysfunction talk from Amick.  Questioned how such a young roster could be anything but inconsistent considering all the dysfunction up top.

Then Bell says he has friends that play on the team currently and 'I won't name names but some folks there are hard to play with'..

3 minutes later, when asked what Snyder's message should be to Trae, 'uh, since I heard he's hard to play with....'

Like try to hide it a little bit, atleast.

Basically said he'd handle it with kids gloves.  Ask where Trae how far he thinks we can get,how he envisions it happening.  Then hold him to it while offering thoughts on how he (Snyder) can help him get there.

He said he hated the McMillan firing but loved the Snyder hire.  Pick a lane, dude.

Podcast host made it clear Nate is one of Raja's 'guys' whatever that means. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Listened to Raja Bell on the ringer podcast.  They basically regurgitated much of the dysfunction talk from Amick.  Questioned how such a young roster could be anything but inconsistent considering all the dysfunction up top.

Then Bell says he has friends that play on the team currently and 'I won't name names but some folks there are hard to play with'..

3 minutes later, when asked what Snyder's message should be to Trae, 'uh, since I heard he's hard to play with....'

Like try to hide it a little bit, atleast.

Basically said he'd handle it with kids gloves.  Ask where Trae how far he thinks we can get,how he envisions it happening.  Then hold him to it while offering thoughts on how he (Snyder) can help him get there.

He said he hated the McMillan firing but loved the Snyder hire.  Pick a lane, dude.

Podcast host made it clear Nate is one of Raja's 'guys' whatever that means. 

I'm not sure how people hate the firing.  Dudes record in 3 seasons with a young and improving roster:

27-11

43-39

29-30

We would have had to gone 14-9 the rest of the way to even match last year's covid/injury riddled season.  No way to sugar coat it, he wasn't getting the job done.  Regardless if it's Trae's fault or some other player that's what the coach is there for. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ressler (Owner) has all the say so.  It's his team.  Everything said or done is all his.  All players, coaches and all front office breath in on his command and then exhale only when he says so. 

Questions?  If so, read the above stateement again.

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

• Like 2

I'd rather have owners like Tony and Jami that seem to give a damn then a nameless corporate face like ASG.

Not many people in the world know how to run an NBA team so I got no problems with them learning as long as they care about the results and it really seems they do.

Why would we want an owner that just owns the team for a tax break?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1