• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Athletic (Sam Amick): Nick Ressler runs the team now (The Resslers = Atlanta Spirit Group 2.0?) (OPEN THE FLOOD GATES Y'ALL)

GameTime

• GameTime changed the title to The Athletic (Sam Amick): Nick Ressler runs the team now (The Resslers = Atlanta Spirit Group 2.0?) (OPEN THE FLOOD GATES Y'ALL)
  • Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

This is heading toward dumpster fire territory.   Not to be dramatic but there's a good chance other teams suck our talent away for peanuts like Sac did and we're left with a star who wants out and lottery picks we have to swap.  

Well we are like 30% of the way there. Collins for Utah trash trade incoming and we'll be 60% of the way there. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Why can’t an owner come along who’s as passionate about the Hawks winning as us fans? Ughhh .. 

This is just.. it’s not cool to do this to a fanbase. We’ve been through too much.

Because for the few people who have a billion dollars this is the best investment you can make.  And you don't even have to put a good product out.  Value just goes up and up. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member

Scary times.

But it's just entertainment. Just recreation. Just a consumer choice.

Caring about the Hawks is something I only do because I perceive some dopamine rushes come from it. The moment the prospect for dopamine rushes desist, the Hawks get the same treatment that the Nationals have gotten in baseball.... I'll just adopt a distant-second favorite team and pay less attention to the NBA overall unless/until the day would come that they re-legitimize me spending any time on them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, GameTime said:

RETURN OF THE CLOWN SHOW Y'ALL

JEZZBK4CKB6GHENWLQNHAH2V74.jpg

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Why can’t an owner come along who’s as passionate about the Hawks winning as us fans? Ughhh .. 

This is just.. it’s not cool to do this to a fanbase. We’ve been through too much.

yup I said all this a few weeks ago. ASG 2.0 or may turn out worse!

im not against young folks in high positions but a 27 year old has massive power . Trae is his friend and he’s very young with power. Then I read all those guys in ages between 30-37 that are in the front office with no real experience…..smh I’m just lost for words!

and Tony is allowing this mess??!! …he allowing a 27 year old run the franchise we love. Smh that’s almost worse than the ASG.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I hate that Nick Ressler is running the show.  Hate it.  Anyone who has seen my past rants on this stuff knows that I think good owners hire good basketball (football, baseball, etc.) people and the more they get out of their way the better.  And I'm just going to say that no 27 year old should be running something like this but especially one who has no real sports management experience and no substantive basketball background.  That just sucks.

The one thing I will say to the idea that this is ASG 2.0, though, is that it isn't.  This is a meddling owner wanting to run the show.  We've seen that with Jerry Jones, Mark Cuban, and many other owners.  The ASG was an unprecedented situation where you had a 3 party, majority vote structure for ownership and you had two coup attempts by people who didn't have the power they wanted.  Those embarrassed and damaged the team in profound ways.  That isn't the issue here.  

The big issue here is one of competence and nepotism.  And the nepotism theme goes beyond just Nick.  His buddy with only a couple of years experience is his technical cap guy.  Landry's buddy who lacks a top scouting pedigree is the lead scout, etc.  This is terrible to see.  Reminds you of Jared Kushner or Jaden Smith or Sofia Coppola in the Godfather, etc.  That rarely ends well.  But I do think it is different and more common than the ASG fiascos (multiple).

You mean a 27 year old wtih absolutely no experience, playing, coaching or managing basketball overriding one of the most respected GMs in the NBA and firing him

17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Complete shitshow.

They better make this work or their cash cow Trae Young will be out of here in three years.

Man, seens like the guy with 15+ years of front office experience and one of the most respected GMs in basketball may have known what he was talking about. Murray trade looking like a disaster. Maybe we shouldn't have fired that guy. Just maybe. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Scary times.

But it's just entertainment. Just recreation. Just a consumer choice.

Caring about the Hawks is something I only do because I perceive some dopamine rushes come from it. The moment the prospect for dopamine rushes desist, the Hawks get the same treatment that the Nationals have gotten in baseball.... I'll just adopt a distant-second favorite team and pay less attention to the NBA overall unless/until the day would come that they re-legitimize me spending any time on them.

You just gonna move on?  But then ... what would we fight about, stu? 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Because for the few people who have a billion dollars this is the best investment you can make.  And you don't even have to put a good product out.  Value just goes up and up. 

If I ever own the Hawks I’m appointing (some) :er: of you all (most cuz you’re passionate) to the staff in one form or another. Wait, that’s kinda what Ressler is doin with his son..

But you guys know basketball 🏀, that kid is an idiot. :sarcastic: I’m sorry I’m just..

• Like 3