• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Athletic (Sam Amick): Nick Ressler runs the team now (The Resslers = Atlanta Spirit Group 2.0?) (OPEN THE FLOOD GATES Y'ALL)

GameTime

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Correct, The rumor article, did mention that Indy has the capspace to absorb Collins contract. The question was - what was the Hawks looking for in return.

Indy owns protected 2023 picks from BOS & CLE right?

Hawks could flip Duarte and a pick for Bojan to meet Detroits asking price.. Just sayin.. 

Or we could just go full on tank mode.. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Okay, guys. You've had your fun. Now stop. This isn't funny anymore. This massive conspiracy to persuade me to leave the Squawk by inventing all this wild drama, taking advantage of the fact that I'm not a subscriber to The Athletic anymore... you've just went too far, people. There's no need. All you had to do was man-up and ask me to go.

You can root for other teams but you know you aren't leaving the Squawk. Just too much shenanigans here. You know you love us all here.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Okay, guys. You've had your fun. Now stop. This isn't funny anymore. This massive conspiracy to persuade me to leave the Squawk by inventing all this wild drama, taking advantage of the fact that I'm not a subscriber to The Athletic anymore... you've just went too far, people. There's no need. All you had to do was man-up and ask me to go.

I think it's time for the "wait till the next owner to complain" pledge!

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just too much shenanigans here.

Yes, please tell me this is a shenanigan. A big ruse. Led by the biggest jokester on this site... and you know who I'm talking about, of course... 😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

All I can say is this.  Atlanta fans are not New York fans and are not LA Lakers fans.  We will not show up to a terrible product on the floor whether Trae is out there or not. 

Once Ressler start feeling that impact.  He'll make a change. 

I don't know about that.

One thing that Steve Koonin and the marketing team have done with Philips, err, State Farm Arena, is make it one of the best in-game experiences in the NBA.  The Hawks are mediocre as hell on the court, and have lost way too many winnable games at home.  Yet, they are 2nd in home attendance % only behind the Dallas Mavericks, at 102.9% capacity.  This means that Hawks games, from a ticket sales standpoint, are sold out nightly.

Hawks games are the place to be.  And if the product wins at home more than they lose, it gives incentive for the fans to come out, because the in-game experience is so good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

The real question is, will Tony fire his son if all this doesn’t work out?  This isn’t a Jerry Jeanie situation. We are not as successful as the Lakers were to be fooling around like this. 

This is just my thoughts. Not from a source. Just me.

I think this is going to get so bad that Adam Silver steps in behind the scenes and "urges" Ressler to sell the Hawks with a new CBA coming. Ressler and his group will make a crap ton of money off the sale and we get new owners that will hire actual basketball people to run the franchise.

That's what I think will happen. I have zero confidence in Nick Ressler and his yes men. The fact he's an outright stan of Trae Young is frightening to me.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Still I ask if Trae is the 'de facto GM' then why does he want to trade for future picks?  By the time those are useful we'll have wasted a bunch of his years. 

If you are a NBA 2k Gm you know that teams can't resist first rounders. Getting out of John's contract means aren't paying the LT next season either so Daddy is happy and you have first rounders to use for either trades or at worst take them. 

Trae has a powerful voice but Nick Ressler is the one running the show.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This is just my thoughts. Not from a source. Just me.

I think this is going to get so bad that Adam Silver steps in behind the scenes and "urges" Ressler to sell the Hawks with a new CBA coming. Ressler and his group will make a crap ton of money off the sale and we get new owners that will hire actual basketball people to run the franchise.

That's what I think will happen. I have zero confidence in Nick Ressler and his yes men. The fact he's an outright stan of Trae Young is frightening to me.

Selling the team could be the only way we get to that Number 1 pick this year. 

I 100% believe in the conspiracy about the NBA "sweetening" these sales by handing over the number 1 pick to help incentivize buyers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Honestly, if my dad were a bajillionaire, I wouldn't feel comfortable just being given this type of position without atleast pretending to earn it.

This lil bastard better be perfect or he deserves all the booing he’s gonna take.

• Like 2

Like all of us haven been saying, this  reeks of some ASG type ish.  My question though is...how can an owner sit at State Farm Arena and not see a prime chance to own a part of this city the way the Braves and Bulldogs do?  The Falcons could but their trajectory and front office are at least giving me solid reasons to believe they have something.  This "structure," not so much.

This team is not devoid of talent, but a few pieces and less FO drama would certainly do wonders.  Here's betting this structure is going to be azzzz.

• Sad 2