• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Athletic (Sam Amick): Nick Ressler runs the team now (The Resslers = Atlanta Spirit Group 2.0?) (OPEN THE FLOOD GATES Y'ALL)

GameTime

Am I the only one that isn't doom-daying on this news? 

DJM was a clear upgrade to our lackluster defense. It was well known Nate has started the team slow out the gate.  We should've moved JC 2 seasons ago and giving him an extension was BAD. Same with Hunter. They both are not all-star material and are albatross contracts.

We need to move players to fix our forward position. That's what we are missing. Make it happen this season and that's great. This off-season, it's okay. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

One thing that Steve Koonin and the marketing team have done with Philips, err, State Farm Arena, is make it one of the best in-game experiences in the NBA.

Speaking of Koonin, how long will he be around?  Will he want to stick around amid all the upheaval and/or does the new front office group want to keep him around or go with someone younger?

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Speaking of Koonin, how long will he be around?  Will he want to stick around amid all the upheaval and/or does the new front office group want to keep him around or go with someone younger?

Dunno.  Did they have one of their bros on the little boys trip to LA last week?  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, GameTime said:

You get a position, you get a position, you get a position!!!

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

My source told me in mid Dec there was an actual talk between Nick Ressler and other FO people that actually started with Ressler telling them he made a trade happen in NBA 2k and he wanted to know how they could make it in happen IRL. Nick was quite serious.

Source was not joking. That was when I knew this franchise is doomed until we get new owners or somehow Ressler pulls his head out of his ass and gets real basketball people to run this franchise.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4724n1lw93nnpmfa27tf

15 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I'm hoping by the end of this season and the start of next season, we can all come back and eat some crow that we all OVERREACTED.

I doubt it though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Nick is a Hawksquawker/Reddit poster. Yeah, the Hawks are ruined. You can't be one of us and run this team. Most of us are stupid and don't understand modern Basketball. Travis does. Man, how you let your barely grown son run the one public franchise where everyone can see which can ruin your brand. 

My guy told me Travis did not want that trade. I just didn't know who overruled him. Sothron been saying what's been going on behind the scenes to us in DMs for away but this lines up to all he said. 

At his age, Nick has to be a social media poster. 

IF he is a poster on here . . . Nick . . . do not settle and make a rinky dink trade.  If you make a trade, make it a blockbuster.

Go get this guy . . .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

At his age, Nick has to be a social media poster. 

IF he is a poster on here . . . Nick . . . do not settle and make a rinky dink trade.  If you make a trade, make it a blockbuster.

Go get this guy . . .

I don't see what we have to offer that would get Siakim.  JC and AJ plus 2 first rounders?

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

DJM was a clear upgrade to our lackluster defense. It was well known Nate has started the team slow out the gate.  We should've moved JC 2 seasons ago and giving him an extension was BAD. Same with Hunter. They both are not all-star material and are albatross contracts.

We need to move players to fix our forward position. That's what we are missing. Make it happen this season and that's great. This off-season, it's okay. 

We found him! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, sturt said:

I know what you're thinking. Plenty of jokesters. But only one with the IQ and resources to pull this one off.

2023-01-13_19-07-24.png

Funny we both agree there. Sad that joking doesn’t seem to be a part of your life. :sad: Have you laughed today Stu? A teehee? 

3 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Trae Young asking out of this mess?  Trae Young IS THE CENTRAL PART of the mess.  The article CLEARLY made you aware that Trae and Nick are tight.  Soo tight that Schlenk got run out of there.  You got folks speaking under condition of their names being withheld, etc.  Other players scared to say something outside of Collins, which is WHY he has been on the trade block for 3 years.  Trae IS the defacto GM of the Hawks.  Who do you think instructed Nick to go out and trade for Murray?  Remember, Trae and Murray got the same agent.  What would prompt Nick to go after Murray unless Trae was in his ear?

Trae is the GM

whatever-shrug.gif

Scust.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

It helps Sothron was telling us this months ago

Thank you. I know @Spud2nique apparently thinks I'm a liar but all the things I've said on here for months have been shown to be true. 

Btw supes you know that trade target I mentioned in the insiders private conversation? That's the one Ressler traded for in 2K and is trying to get. Couldn't happen until the offseason but that's the target.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Teehee, just try it.

Spud, if you didn't laugh just now with my Nate reaction gif, then we simply don't speak the same humor language, my friend.

In a world of Benny Hill fans, I'm sure you rule. But mine is a Monty Python world.  snm.gif&ehk=jEdT38qUIBgwlIikyaayRizLs9fm

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Thank you. I know @Spud2nique apparently thinks I'm a liar but all the things I've said on here for months have been shown to be true. 

Btw supes you know that trade target I mentioned in the insiders private conversation? That's the one Ressler traded for in 2K and is trying to get. Couldn't happen until the offseason but that's the target.

Gotta be KAT since he can't be traded until the offseason.

• Thanks 1