• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I would be surprised if 1 of the 3 front court players isn't moved...I wouldn't be surprised if 2 are

Damn, where's my 12-hour Energy shot when I need one? Had to read those two sentences 5 times just to figure out they're saying the same thing. 😄

• Premium Member

Lots of rumors floating:

The Knicks have thought about Bradley Beal for longer than just this week. According to a league source close to the situation, New York’s front office has already let necessary people know the team would be interested in the former All-NBA guard if he were to become available. Of course, Beal becoming available is more complicated than it would be with any other player.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Not sure what you mean by this.  Dallas has the #10 and we have the #15, correct?  Color me skeptical given how garbage Bertans has been and the fact that he will be making $17M next year.  This saves us money but not THAT much.  It is hard to think we'd give up a starter for a guy playing 10.9 mpg last year to save a few dollars and move up 5 spots.

The way they've worded it, each team keeps its own draft pick, and we're swapping Bertans for Collins straight up.  We already have #15.  They already have #10.

Edited by Watchman

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lots of rumors floating:

The Knicks have thought about Bradley Beal for longer than just this week. According to a league source close to the situation, New York’s front office has already let necessary people know the team would be interested in the former All-NBA guard if he were to become available. Of course, Beal becoming available is more complicated than it would be with any other player.

Sac? Keegan Murray would have to be included somehow. That would be crazy. Sac would have traded a super young Haliburton for Sabonis and flip Keegan Murray, players and picks for Beal.

Would leave the core of:

Fox 🦊 

Beal

Sabonis

Not bad at all. @Gray Mule Hawks Kings 2024 and beyond finals! 🥳 

• Like 1

The Dallas trade is starting to make some sense to me, I just don't think Bertans is the player we'd get back.

We've had 3 really good years of center play - solid vet starter and a solid young backup on a rookie contract. Maybe we try to repeat that same strategy but with OO starting and Lively backing him up? And we think we need to move to 10 to get him.

What about something like this?

image.thumb.png.bdd0b0e4b148c7fc1ce700aff8037b09.png

You could then move Clint to try and recoup one of the firsts we lost in the DJM trade. Or use him to get Porzingis like I've been saying all along lol.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

The Dallas trade is starting to make some sense to me, I just don't think Bertans is the player we'd get back.

We've had 3 really good years of center play - solid vet starter and a solid young backup on a rookie contract. Maybe we try to repeat that same strategy but with OO starting and Lively backing him up? And we think we need to move to 10 to get him.

What about something like this?

image.thumb.png.bdd0b0e4b148c7fc1ce700aff8037b09.png

You could then move Clint to try and recoup one of the firsts we lost in the DJM trade. Or use him to get Porzingis like I've been saying all along lol.

Bertans only has $5mil guaranteed after this year. He’s an expiring $22mil contract ($17mil in 23/24 & $5mil in 24/25).

So for $22M you can have an expiring Bertans. JC is owed $78M over the next 3 years.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bertans only has $5mil guaranteed after this year. He’s an expiring $22mil contract ($17mil in 23/24 & $5mil in 24/25).

So for $22M you can have an expiring Bertans. JC is owed $78M over the next 3 years.

Correct. But that 24/25 salary becomes fully guaranteed if he plays 75% or more of his games this next season…according to spotrac.

So he won’t be contributing much to keep him under that 75%.

Just doesn’t make sense for a team trying to contend. But THJr can step in and actually contribute…thus why I included him.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Correct. But that 24/25 salary becomes fully guaranteed if he plays 75% or more of his games this next season…according to spotrac.

Just doesn’t make sense for a team trying to contend. But THJr can step in and actually contribute…thus why I included him.

That is correct. So if he plays 62 games we're screwed. Like you said we need actual on court production if we are making these trades to take the next step. 

Whose minutes are THjr gonna take?  We have  Murray, Bogi, AJ, Bey and Hunter at SG and SF.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That is correct. So if he plays 62 games we're screwed. Like you said we need actual on court production if we are making these trades to take the next step. 

Whose minutes are THjr gonna take?  We have  Murray, Bogi, AJ, Bey and Hunter at SG and SF.

Y’all are focusing on the wrong part of my post lol

The point of my post was more so to say that with the success Cap/OO had over the last 3 years, we might be trying to replicate that with OO/Lively and think we need to get to 10 to get him. 

It wasn’t to argue over which salary filler Dallas would be sending back in return.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Y’all are focusing on the wrong part of my post lol

The point of my post was more so to say that with the success Cap/OO had over the last 3 years, we might be trying to replicate that with OO/Lively and think we need to get to 10 to get him. 

It wasn’t to argue over which salary filler Dallas would be sending back in return.

But the salary filler has to be a factor  considering the LT issues AND the Hawks looking to cut salary, plus the additional salary cost of the #10 pick vs #15 pick.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

But you are opening up playing time for Bey, JJ, AJ etc. That is worth it for me. We can play Bertans sparingly... lol

And I dont really need Hardaway taking min away from those guys tbh......

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

It’s the middle of June. There’s no basketball or football on tv and we’re a week away from the draft and this is a draft rumor. What would you rather we discuss?

Men’s fragrances? Because I’ve seen and contributed to that topic already today. 

Well, since you asked...

I would rather the discussion center around any ideas/proposals that anyone here has in-mind, prompted by what insights that Soth and camp have offered here lately.

Btw... where's Supes?

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This JC trade thing, I’m happy to part with him at the right price and a bit selective to which teams. I mean, I guess I’d trade him to the highest bidder but I haven’t have a narrative of how JC became a 5 time all star playing with Luka for the next 5 years….

Rather not deal with Dallas.

Quin never got a chance to implement JC but JC doesn’t spread the floor. Bertans is a stretch and that’s exactly what Trae needs. JC takes time to wind up on his shots, Bertans just flings it. He fits.

I don’t want JC to play with Luka. I don’t know why I just don’t. 

On the other hand, if Bertrans comes here and rejuvenates his career it’s big for the Trae > Luka agenda. lol