• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, shakes said:

I judge the winner solely on the criteria of size of post.  I say size because I have to eyeball it cause there's no way I'm reading any of that crap.    

Not sure either of us will accept the legitimacy of the Russian judge in this situation anyhow, tho. 🙂

But as Asperger runs in my family genes, there's some satisfaction in that you're one of those I can depend on to remain a static soul. 😄

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, sturt said:

More Sturt Double talk. 

Sturt, I get that you will just see things as you want to see them regardless of what's the truth.   You continue to patronize Landry and that's your right.   But let's not propagate things that are not true in the process. 

You keep saying Korver brought in Snyder.   Korver knew Snyder.  Had a relationship with Snyder and maybe even recommended Snyder with a Strong recommendation.  However, it still comes down to Landry to decide to go in that direction.  In fact, just like most GM, Landry had a list of attributes that HE wanted for the next coach...

Here's an article from the hiring of Snyder.

The Hawks are facing significant offseason decisions on shaping the roster, and the chance to move quickly on Snyder's hiring could give them a better prism with which they'll evaluate the franchise's future. Fields has wanted a coach who'll improve the franchise's player development and accountability as well as get the team moving toward the top 10 in both offensive and defensive rankings -- all hallmarks of Snyder's Jazz teams.

Notice, it didn't say what Korver wanted.   It didn't say what Ressler wanted.  It didn't say what the Collective Wanted.  

The same thing is true of the GS offer.   Do you know how many calls Landry get from other teams?  You harp on the fact that GS initiated the trade and called.   Landry still had to think about the deal and if it's best for us.   Hell, Dallas obviously tried to initiate a deal for John Collins.   Landry has left that one on the table.   THAT'S HIS JOB...  he's not going to always be the one making the phone calls... and It doesn't diminish him at all if he doesn't "make the call".   However, for you some how, he's less of a GM because he takes a call?

Here's what you do Sturt...  Give all the credits to Agents.   They are really the ones doing the GMs Job.   The GM does nothing but take the work of the Agent and agree on it.. so All GMs are puppets. 

John Collins main problem seems to be Clint Capela.  Apparently they just don't fit together well.  There have been rumors that both players are on the trade block.  

JC can't get up close to the rim, where he is at his best, because CC is there  CC can't play deep because he can't shoot from there.  He has trouble shooting from in close.  He's there because he's a really, really great rebounder.

The big question:  Would CC play differently if JC were gone?  No!  Would JC play differently if CC was gone?  Yes!  Then, the big problem becomes, if the Hawks trade Clint Capela, who do they get to replace him?  If 0017 moves to the starting center post, who replaces 0017 as the back-up center?  

Next Thursday is draft day.  Could be a time of action by the Hawks.  Trade rumors abound, centered around this draft.  What ever happens, by Friday we hope to have a clearer picture of the roster for the upcoming season!

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

The big question:  Would CC play differently if JC were gone?  No!  Would JC play differently if CC was gone?  Yes!  Then, the big problem becomes, if the Hawks trade Clint Capela, who do they get to replace him?  If 0017 moves to the starting center post, who replaces 0017 as the back-up center?  

That's hard to say @Gray Mule.   It comes down to Coaching. 

We could move CC and still have JC out on the perimeter.  Or we could keep CC and find a way to play him in concert with JC.  It depends on coaching and system. 

For instance, I believe that even though he was a terrible coach, Pierce had worked out a better use for JC with CC than Nate did.   Even though a lot of times, JC was on the perimeter, there were some times they would run plays with JC in the post and JC coming playing in a double screen and roll.   His big dunk on Embiid for instance. (below)

When you watch the play development, they had run Trae though a double pick and JC was the one that rolled.   When Nate put in his offense, plays like this disappeared.   It may have been the idea of Pierce or Hunt but we lost a lot of the creativity when we let LPs offense go.   And we went to basically 1-5 PNR with isoball. 

Quin didn't change anything that Nate had in place when he came in.   He had Prunty and honestly Prunty did a really good job with the offense he had. It lacked creativity, however, Prunty initiated it to the best that it could be.   Now, Snyder is fully in and I expect him to put his offensive system in.  It's different than what Nate was doing.   Snyder is smart and he has run a 2 guard system before.  So his ability to introduce something different for JC is something I expect.  I am the lone person here that would like to see us run it back.  But financials make it impossible for us not to make some kind of cap saving move... which to me is not basketball. 

Now if Snyder has said that there's nothing that he can do to make both CC and JC more effective together, I agree with you...  CC is a defensive standout and Trae can do 1-5 PNR with anybody.   JC has lots of talent and if used correctly could pay big dividends.   But I don't want to make that kind of decision on the basis of thinking we're going back to Nate's offense. 

• Like 1

Concerning the discussion going on here, I share what my dad told me when I recieved my license to drive.  We had only one car, his.

"I don't mind if you drive without any gas.  Do not dare try to drive without oil!"

Two posters with different opinions.  Please, both of you remember, don't try to drive without any oil.  This is what keeps all the running parts going smoothly.

The GM makes the final decision.  Many heads have added their thoughts to this decision.  This is the oil that makes everything run smoothly.  Who had the best idea?  Who had the most influece?  We will never know.  But, we can guess and this is part of the fun of being a fan.

:smug:

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

I think Raptor fans on social media are confusing Siakam with a prime Kawhi with like 3 years left on his contract.

I saw one proposal with them stealing JC, JJ, AJ, #15, and 2 additional FRPs for a dude with 1 year left on his contract before hitting UFA’ncy.

What a delusional fan base. 

Can we talk about this? Lol

Because I woke up to Hawks fans on Twitter ready to send out DJ, Dre, and even OO to get Siakam here. 🤦‍♂️

What would y’all be willing to give up for Siakam?

Keep in mind, Siakam is on an expiring $38M contract this year. So in addition to sending out either JC or Cap, you’d have to include 1 of Dre, DJ, Bogi, or OO to even get the salaries to work.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Can we talk about this? Lol

Because I woke up to Hawks fans on Twitter ready to send out DJ, Dre, and even OO to get Siakam here. 🤦‍♂️

What would y’all be willing to give up for Siakam?

Keep in mind, Siakam is on an expiring $38M contract this year. So in addition to sending out either JC or Cap, you’d have to include 1 of Dre, DJ, Bogi, or OO to even get the salaries to work.

Not as much as I'm seeing posted considering he's an UFA, same as DJ.

I don't think the delta between Siakam and DJ that big considering their production.

Stat comparison between Siakam and DJ:

https://stathead.com/basketball/versus-finder.cgi?request=1&seasons_type=forall&year_min=2023&year_max=2023&player_id1=siakapa01&player_id2=murrade01

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, ShooterSays said:

Including Dre and 15 is too steep imo. 

Is one year of Siakam worth a valuable big wing defender and #15?

I don’t think so. 

I updated it. JC, OO, and 15 is probably the most realistic offer. 

Trae/DJ/Dre/Siakam/CC

Bogi, JJ, AJ, Bey

@BangHolman, That is okay but the problem is that Capela doesn't do good in space and with Center these days can hit threes, he is not that good from guarding from perimeter (Boston series taught us that lesson).

I think that Capela and JC would be the ones that goes and if a great deal comes up then Hunter or Murray could be gone.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Maybe I overvalue Dre and OO. But there’s no way I’m trading either one of them in a package for Siakam without getting back OG too.

If you're keeping CC, I see more potential value in JJ and AJ down the line than OO, so that's why he was there young talent tossed in and he's also due for his pay day.