• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prediction of the Year: Hawks will finish the season 19 - 6 with 46 wins!

TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

27 games left?   Optimistically i'm going to say we will go 14-13.  

That's very optimistic.  I'm going with the realistic approach and saying we finish 13-13 with one cancellation.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

our season 10 games at a time

7-3

4-6

4-6

4-6

6-4

2-3

and remember that 7-3 start was thanks to the easiest opening 5 games anyone has ever played in the history of the NBA...and we still only went 4-1 in those games.

Remember who said back then that we needed to go 5-0 to have any shot of being good this year?  That's right, this guy!

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, shakes said:

and remember that 7-3 start was thanks to the easiest opening 5 games anyone has ever played in the history of the NBA...and we still only went 4-1 in those games.

Remember who said back then that we needed to go 5-0 to have any shot of being good this year?  That's right, this guy!

sure but seriously you say a lot of things   🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 2/8/2023 at 12:27 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's that time of the year folks. After seeing our Hawks flounder and be inconsistent all year, the schedule has finally opened up for us to make the big run we've all been waiting for.

17 of the last 25 games are at HOME!  That's right!  Good ol Phili . . . err . . . State Farm Arena!

Despite the Hawks being 13 - 11 at home so far this year, now is the time that the run happens.  And the run ALWAYS happens after the All-Star break.

• Whether it be a team that should tank, but they win 6 of their final 11 games ( led by Bobby Sura )
  • Or a team that should tank, but Woody wants his young team to taste the playoffs, so they win 11 out of 15 from Mid March - Mid April to face Boston as an 8th seed
  • Or its that same team 2 years later, that go on a magical run in March by seeing buzzer beater winners by J-Craw, JJ, and even a tip slam buzzer beater by Smoove
  • Or it's a 60 win team that actually "cooled off", but still won 17 of their final 27 games.
  • Or it's the run the Hawks have made the past 2 seasons, going on big runs ( 27 - 11 in 2021 . . . 24 - 12 in 2022 ) that got them into the playoffs/play-in.

This season, the Hawks are poised to do what those other teams have done.  Finish strong and get into the playoffs.

So let's break it down in the next post.

I say 17 and 10. 

20 hours ago, macdaddy said:

27 games left?   Optimistically i'm going to say we will go 14-13.  

14-13? Have you seen our schedule? If we go 14-13 I’ll change my name to kg’s cul de sac hooker! :sarcastic: No way, by the way I think it’s time for your AVATAR CHANGE!!!! @JayBirdHawk you beat me, the deadline is over, Capela is here and he is the starter and looked fantastic last night and I’m happy!

So, who gets a haircut first? Me or Mac? :sarcastic:

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

14-13? Have you seen our schedule? If we go 14-13 I’ll change my name to kg’s cul de sac hooker! :sarcastic: No way, by the way I think it’s time for your AVATAR CHANGE!!!! @JayBirdHawk you beat me, the deadline is over, Capela is here and he is the starter and looked fantastic last night and I’m happy!

Did you send me a new avatar?  I may  have forgotten to change it but i'm ready.  Let's get it done.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Did you send me a new avatar?  I may  have forgotten to change it but i'm ready.  Let's get it done.  

Ok great! So @kg01 loves looking at Ja right? :ph34r: Mac might be flashy for a mont. I can tell you if this was kg a Ja avatar would be sweet, with Benny it would be a Warrior or Heat theme, so on and so forth.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok great! So @kg01 loves looking at Ja right? :ph34r: Mac might be flashy for a mont. I can tell you if this was kg a Ja avatar would be sweet, with Benny it would be a Warrior or Heat theme, so on and so forth.

A Javatar?  Do you hate me, squd? 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I have no pain points though because i'm such a well rounded and mature individual. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lil' Potato, you're also the guy who had us pegged for 2nd in the conference pre season so you might not be the best judge on stuff like this 😄

Edited by shakes

38 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1: That’s good. 

Aye, I try. 😎

37 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I have no pain points though because i'm such a well rounded and mature individual. 

Lies detected. 🙂

Eta. Smells like a good ol Landry Fields jersey may be a tiny pain point for ya. 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I'm ready if you are. How long will you keep it. I may need to have mercy on you and shorten it.

• Haha 1