• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prediction of the Year: Hawks will finish the season 19 - 6 with 46 wins!

TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member

Suffice it to say, this team now has to make me pay attention to their fortunes. This is not a pseudo-religion to me, it's entertainment. If they're not going to entertain me... and winning is fundamental to that... I've got plenty of other options. I'm not going to sit and frustrate myself analyzing what I would do different if I were in a position to issue commands... because I'm not and never will be. That's their job, not mine. They have to figure it out. Or not.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 2/18/2023 at 11:02 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

At the Allstar break last year Hawks were 28-30. Went 15-9 over the final 24 to finish at 43-39.

Can we do better with the 23 games left?

We also finally were healthy last year.  This year we've been largely healthy the whole time.  So it's hard to imagine a sudden surge.   Gallo, Delon, and even Lou played some key minutes for us  in the second half last year. 

Maybe the new guys play that role.  can't believe we don't play until friday.  

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.aef6ecf8ff4b36a97b9a969060ee54ff.png

My prediction was 6 - 2 in this stretch.  We went 5 - 3.

image.png.b2f61dc1b0e27c105460f7e50b4aad01.png

My prediction was 2 - 2 in this stretch.  Mission accomplished.

Now here comes the stretch of home games vs playoff level teams. Most of the remaining home games are against teams that will make the playoffs, or are fighting for a play-in spot.  Nothing easy about these remaining games, seeing that they are full of All-Star level players.  But this is when I thought the Hawks would make their move.

If they can't make the stand at home, they honestly don't deserve even a play-in spot.

But to go 19 - 8, the Hawks have to go 12 - 3 the rest of the way.   That's tough.  

10 - 5 is more realistic ( and even that may be high ), which would put them at 44 wins.  But I'll stick with my 46 win prediction.

• Like 2

10 home games and 5 road games left.

No more back to back road games the rest of the way, but we do still have 3 b2b sets that involve home/away travel.

It’s now or never for us to make a move. No losing streaks allowed the rest of the way. No .500 play the rest of the way.

We are who we are until we prove otherwise, which is a mid level playoff team in deep East bracket.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I don't see BKN or NY falling out of the top 6 at this point. BKN beating Minny in OT and Denver in back-to-back games was huge for them. Not too optimistic about beating Miami on the road in the play-in and Toronto always plays us tough.

image.png.34c955d6532def3ed8e67771bb5ac994.png

You are right.  This is not looking good.  Last year we won two games to get the 8 seed.  We might lose two this year and go back to the lotto, sad.

• Moderators
Just now, Final_quest said:

You are right.  This is not looking good.  Last year we won two games to get the 8 seed.  We might lose two this year and go back to the lotto, sad.

I'm not pro tanking at all but our best case scenario this year has us getting beat in the first round by Bucks or Celtics.  I don't really think we can take either of those teams in a series.