• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prediction of the Year: Hawks will finish the season 19 - 6 with 46 wins!

TheNorthCydeRises

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

LOL!!    I expect you to post a lot too so we get to see the GOAT in your ava as much as possible.   You know that might just propel them to another title.  

Now do your worst!

Actually the last time Burd got my avatar she went sCurry as well and that year they didn’t win it, it was the Raptors! 

image.gif.eee14fd557e3e76b4db1a3336fb9c380.gif

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

I dunno.

That PHX game has me re-thinking some things. I don't like the mood I sense in this team right now. Individually, there are some dogs, but even those dogs aren't consistent dogs. I'm not sure they want it bad enough. And with that, I'm not sure they believe in themselves enough... what the psychologists call efficacy, believing yourself capable.

Not big on predictions, but if you played a depleted PHX roster and couldn't register a more convincing win... at home... it's a little scary to me going into the SAS game, and Pop's teams just routinely give us trouble.

Almost wish we were playing Boston or Milwaukee, so that there's some substantial motivation to bring the dog out of us... so so so easy to imagine another underperformance, and with that, a loss that only sets us up for a deeper mental ditch.

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, sturt said:

so so so easy to imagine another underperformance, and with that, a loss that only sets us up for a deeper mental ditch.

Is this likely? Maybe not likely, but who doesn't give this (or something very close to it) a 50/50 chance of happening?

2023-02-10_12-10-51.png

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, sturt said:

Is this likely? Maybe not likely, but who doesn't give this (or something very close to it) a 50/50 chance of happening?

2023-02-10_12-10-51.png

Here's a thing surely we all agree on... acquiring a Saddiq Bey Thursday will not be the biggest reason this team goes on to bring to Atlanta its first EC championship or better.

So, it remains true, that if this team were to achieve something important, it will have to be the very same principals who've achieved 28-28 (or, in my calculus, 9-7, their record since I began counting games) making that happen. Realistic???

It's really because we have this 3 game set ahead of the ASG break that I'm feeling 9-17 is a very plausible outcome. So vulnerable to getting beat by Pop's teams to begin with, but this season we've seemed especially prone to getting whipped by teams that shouldn't be on the floor with us ordinarily... and I just see a downward spiral being set off by that. Mentally, our guys are not responding to Nate anymore, or that's my sense, and I'm not trusting our guys are mature enough yet to manufacture a positive vibe without that leadership from the top.

image.png.04bb31f14f473a89ce270778961528b2.png

50/50 chance?  No way.

The only way this scenario happens, is if Trae and DJM goes down.  I think the additions we've added to the team can at least have us survive a 2 - 3 week absence of Capela or Hunter.  And if one of Trae or DJM goes down, the remaining guard is capable of carrying a larger work load, with Holiday now becoming important running the 2nd team.

But the scenario you've laid out has the Hawks losing 8 of their next 11 games, with 5 of those games being at home.  While we've been a .500 team at home this season, I just don't see us bottoming out like that.  It's more likely that they win all of those games, and go 8 - 3, than go 3 - 8.

But if we did go 3 - 8, your end of the season scenario will be correct.  The Hawks will go into tank mode by possibly having Trae and Dejounte come up with mysterious injuries, to shut them down at the end of the year.  The objective then will be to tank and improve our draft position.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 5:37 AM, Spud2nique said:

23-4 to finish.

We are gonna get “on one” as the kids say and ride it to the postseason. We have a soft schedule and this is when we need to feast AND WE WILL!!!

LETSSSS GO HAWKSSSSSS!!!

@TheNorthCydeRises in case you missed it. We are gonna dominate!

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Diesel said:

Here's the sad thing for some of yall...

If we win the EC and go to the NBA Finals...

Nate Cannot be fired... and No one gets traded. 

Doesn’t matter.  In that scenario we’d all be in the hospital getting surgery on our buttholes after all the monkeys flew out of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, shakes said:

Doesn’t matter.  In that scenario we’d all be in the hospital getting surgery on our buttholes after all the monkeys flew out of them.

So wait... the premise being we were all doing just fine with the monkeys until they left?

More seriously, and substantively... what I'm proposing is that if this team doesn't take this very moment in the season and do something transformative, then there's going to be a cascading entropic effect, and the mental fatigue they've been through is going to exponentially grow with every loss... and yeah, I'm asserting that a 45 loss  season becomes entirely plausible (50/50).