• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Super Bowl picks! Who you got?

Spud2nique

Super Bowl winner  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

2023-02-12_21-33-00.png

And at the end of the day, without the penalty, the Eagles would have needed to go down the field and score with about a minute or so left.

Possible, sure.

Likely, no, IMHO.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

And at the end of the day, without the penalty, the Eagles would have needed to go down the field and score with about a minute or so left.

Possible, sure.

Likely, no, IMHO.

To be fair, tho, LTF, all they'd have needed was a FG to tie. That's reasonably do-able. Get it to OT, and anything could happen.

26 minutes ago, sturt said:

To be fair, tho, LTF, all they'd have needed was a FG to tie. That's reasonably do-able. Get it to OT, and anything could happen.

True, but IMHO, unlikely.

8 hours ago, sturt said:

2023-02-12_21-33-00.png

My problem is this is ticky tac and you could call it on any play. This hold did not change the momentum of the receiver in anyway and when you watch it at full speed you can barely see it because the receiver is not disrupted. By the letter of the law is it a hold; yes, he grabbed his jersey for a half a second but didn't dislodge or reroute him IMHO. Secondly the ball thrown wasn't catchable. 

My bigger issue is if the shoe was on the other foot I doubt this gets called. As a Falcons fan I've been on the other end of this a lot. The final play of the Falcons vs Patriots Superbowl Julio got mugged on the field and nothing was called. It makes the KC call look like blowing a kiss at the player. I don't complain about it though because I prefer players to settle it on the field. This ruined the game for me and I had no vested interest.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ATLien_ said:

My problem is this is ticky tac and you could call it on any play. This hold did not change the momentum of the receiver in anyway and when you watch it at full speed you can barely see it because the receiver is not disrupted. By the letter of the law is it a hold; yes, he grabbed his jersey for a half a second but didn't dislodge or reroute him

I'm with those who feel you call a game in post season the way you did the regular season, or you're benefiting the more aggressive-style play team, and that's unfair.

But a lot of "awww, let 'em play" people disagree with me.

2 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

My bigger issue is if the shoe was on the other foot I doubt this gets called.

Who's to say.

2 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

Secondly the ball thrown wasn't catchable. 

Remember, the call isn't pass interference. It didn't matter. Defensive holding could be seen on the entire other side of the field, and it still ordinarily is called regardless of where the pass went.

• Like 1

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm with those who feel you call a game in post season the way you did the regular season, or you're benefiting the more aggressive-style play team, and that's unfair.

I very strongly agree with this.  Should be one set of rules for all NBA games, all NFL games, all MLB games, etc. regardless of whether it is the first quarter, fourth quarter, regular season, post-season, etc.  The rules are how the game is played and that should not ever change.  

I don't want to make anyone angry but I thought that the half time show was a real stinker.  

I enjoyed the game.  Refs gave the game away with the "hold" penalty late in the 4th quarter.  That was just as bad as the "Roughing the passer" that the Falcons got against the Bucs.  I think both of these calls stink!

I didn't really have a favorite.  Just wanted a close game, and it was.  I have watched every Super Bowl game played.  Sometimes, like last night, I miss a start (church) but I have never missed one.

Green Bay won the 1st one.  Joe and the NY Jets won the first AFL league Super Bowl, #3!

😉