• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nate McMillan Fired

theheroatl

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh and, as an aside, Kam obviously asked Trae for an autograph and didn't get it.  He's on one against Trae.  It's approaching unprofessional at this point.

i heard it in the car during my 5 minute drive to lunch.   I love it.   Keep piling on till the kid  gets it and makes the necessary changes.   There's a reason all these people who are a lot closer to the people in the league than any of us are all in on destroying Trae these days..and its not cause everyone loves Nate.   Where there's smoke there's fire.  And there couldn't be more smoke on Trae these days.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Sounds like JC got Nate fired.  LOL

JC envisions himself as the leader of the team.  Actually, a lot of media does too because he's the most vocal older guy on the team.  So he's trying to sound Lebron-like and be empathetic while being disingenuous and not deceitful at the same time. 

I believe everything he said.  I just don't think it was all said with 100% honesty.

i.e.  "we need guidance"..  means.  It's not you, it's me.  While it's true, I don't believe that the players truly feel that the way John Said it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Our view of Prunty will begin to change on Friday.

We're going to blow the doors off of Cleveland on Friday Night. 

I predict a 123 to 98 victory. 

Everything Clicking.  It's going to be so beautiful a game, many here will speculate that our players were dogging it all season.

I'm going to start the crusade...

A trying time for Joe Prunty and Bucks after OT loss - The Boston Globe

PRUNTY NO PUNTY!!!!

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

JC envisions himself as the leader of the team.  Actually, a lot of media does too because he's the most vocal older guy on the team.  So he's trying to sound Lebron-like and be empathetic while being disingenuous and not deceitful at the same time. 

I believe everything he said.  I just don't think it was all said with 100% honesty.

i.e.  "we need guidance"..  means.  It's not you, it's me.  While it's true, I don't believe that the players truly feel that the way John Said it. 

I Agree with you believe it or not...

As much as JC gets on my nerves at times on the court, nobody can take away his professionalism.....

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

play AJ 25 minutes and try to get him more open looks

I agree with everything but this.

I would work AJ up to 25 minutes.   Right now, he's slumping.  It's not because of Nate or Nate's minutes.  He will make it out but I don't want to ruin his confidence in the process.  IN everybody's diatribe about Nate not playing young players... somehow AJ's minutes were missed?  I guess it doesn't fit the narrative. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I agree with everything but this.

I would work AJ up to 25 minutes.   Right now, he's slumping.  It's not because of Nate or Nate's minutes.  He will make it out but I don't want to ruin his confidence in the process.  IN everybody's diatribe about Nate not playing young players... somehow AJ's minutes were missed?  I guess it doesn't fit the narrative. 

yeah he may have hit a wall.  he's very young.  But i'm sure the general malaise might have gotten to him.  He's had a week off so maybe a surge at the end?

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

AJ's deal has been his legs.  This is the first time he's played more than 25 games in a year (think on that). The pro game is much harder on your legs with little to no zone defense. Lots of chasing, fighting through screens.  I made the comment a week ago I was glad no one was in the allstar game, they needed the rest, then remember AJ was in the rising stars game.

wasn't he in for like 30 seconds or something though?

55 minutes ago, shakes said:

i heard it in the car during my 5 minute drive to lunch.   I love it.   Keep piling on till the kid  gets it and makes the necessary changes.   There's a reason all these people who are a lot closer to the people in the league than any of us are all in on destroying Trae these days..and its not cause everyone loves Nate.   Where there's smoke there's fire.  And there couldn't be more smoke on Trae these days.

That's all they've ever said about him, especially ones who haven't really dealt with him.  Is it really insight?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The rest of JC's comments. 

Screenshot_20230222_165725_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's all they've ever said about him, especially ones who haven't really dealt with him.  Is it really insight?

If it's all coming second hand from others connected to the NBA then yes, I'd say it's insight.

• Premium Member
On 1/28/2023 at 10:02 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Nate has difficulty playing more than 9. I'm glad the rest of the staff at least understand the importance of playing the bench. Nate's 'we aren't in development' still rings from last season. You can't stop developing players. Even Trae still needs development.

I said this a month ago. 

• Like 4