• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nate McMillan Fired

theheroatl

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Uptempo 3 point friendly if you got it shoot it type of flow with player movement.

Well yeah I remember the team bro lol I meant what was the actual numbers for our pace under Bud? Like we were top 10, bottom 10 somewhere in the middle?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

GM Landry Fields on what the organization is looking for in their search for a new head coach: Character is something high on our list. Having a great degree of emotional intelligence. (Pt 1). Being able to connect with staff members and players. Someone that is willing and bale to hold the line. Accountability is huge for us. Big focus on development with the players too

Ouch!!!

I also agree with the idea that if Trae is solely responsible for LP and Nate getting fired when they did then I trust Trae alot more than most players for these decisions, he can be Player/GM then if he is going to make the proper decisions where no one else will.

He obviously wasn't the only cause for Nate being fired, how can anyone look at our record and how many games we blew when up by double digits to be ok with the coaches staying around?

Every time this year we went up by double digits I pretty much expected us to lose and sure enough that's what we tended to do. That to me says bad coaching and the non ability to adjust.

Edited by swanlee

• Premium Member

I would have more confidence in this leadership/ownership group if we had let Nate go earlier in the season.  The safe play is "wait and see."  That's the same attitude that goes into sitting on talent waiting for it to blossom.  There's certainly a risk of jumping the gun, but there is also the risk of waiting too long.  In the case of waiting on talent, you lose value exponentially.  In this case, we have half a season to find a coach, get him in, and let his system gel. 

It wasn't difficult to see the limits Nate put on this team after the league made adjustments to our midrange game.  The move was long overdue.

• Like 4

I think Nate staying on longer probably has to do with the Front office switch that happened earlier this year. You can't fire a coach with the Front office is in total transition.

From a fan standpoint I wanted Nate gone earlier but from a realistic logistical standpoint this is probably the earliest he could have been fired.

45 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Well yeah I remember the team bro lol

Apparently I didn’t :er: Dies says we weren’t uptempo but what the heck was I watching then? I coulda sworn we ran and had off ball movement in Kyle, no? But then Dies did say that the entire league’s tempo has increased so maybe it’s my eyes adjusting?

The specificity of our rankings, no clue but guessing top 10 due to us being a top 10 team record wise even though it doesn’t always translate, that’s my guess. Benhilly might know. Aye stat nerd 🤓 get in here! :batman:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I would have more confidence in this leadership/ownership group if we had let Nate go earlier in the season.  The safe play is "wait and see."  That's the same attitude that goes into sitting on talent waiting for it to blossom.  There's certainly a risk of jumping the gun, but there is also the risk of waiting too long.  In the case of waiting on talent, you lose value exponentially.  In this case, we have half a season to find a coach, get him in, and let his system gel. 

It wasn't difficult to see the limits Nate put on this team after the league made adjustments to our midrange game.  The move was long overdue.

I agree with this, the old ways was to wait and see. Like the Jazz had success because they stuck with the core and coaching as did the Spurs but that was the past.

The new game is to hit and move. I don’t like it but we gotta play it to survive.

Strike while the iron’s hot 🥵 it’s a Bull’s market out there. {self nut punch 🤛 } @kg01 I took care of it.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

Under Bud it was slow as hell.   Our pace under LP and Nate has been faster...especially this year. 

Budball is a slow game.   I'm not sold on it being best for us. 

Maybe that means we're about to shake up the roster(hopefully)..

We need shooters/passers at damn near every position in Bud type offense..

Bye CC.. Bye JC..

I guess Hunter can play dollar store Middleton role.. lol

3 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Karl wasn’t saying that ish when Denver was underachieving while Jokic was an MVP.  This borderlines some kind of ism. Not sure what kind, but there is definitely some crazy bias blackballing going on. 

I think LP started it, and it spread throughout NBA circles.. that Trae is a team cancer or Uncoachable or whatever.................

Ex coach talking shit about you as a person is BS.. I wonder if Trae's dad will respond.. I probably would if it were my son..... lol

That's a whole lot different than fans talking shit about Trae's game on a message board... Damn

• Like 1

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Losing the last two games the way we did before the AS game was the last straw. My sources said it and if you read what Fields was telling Schultz on his Athletic article he said pretty much the same thing. This was a Tony Ressler decision. He is far, far more active in this team than people think he is although with the coach being fired mid season you can't really hide it any more.

I am glad Nate is gone. Even if we don't hire a replacement in season which frankly I would be shocked if we could we at least can abandon Nate's 2003 offense.

I'm fine with Tony being involved as long as he

Vp5QWis=

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hey Eddie, take Nate on the Suns - like I said prior, if anyone can make a case for the great coaching job he did - I'll shut up!

Former/current players and Coaches talking shit about Trae...(warranted or unwarranted)

No wonder the refs wont call any fouls for him anymore, and call EVERYTHING on our best defenders...

Pretty sure they feel the same way about him...

We're gonna have to beat other teams + the Refs going forward Im afraid.. smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1