• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Quin Snyder, Charles Lee or Kenny Atkinson

Spud2nique

Next coach mentioned by woj; who you like  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Whose best for us?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2023 at 07:12 AM

• Premium Member

What are the strengths / weaknesses of those coaches? Not really familiar with their backgrounds other than surface level stuff. I'll vote after lol

Edited by akay
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

OK guys, time to put ChatGPT to work.

Q: What kind of coach is Quinn Snyder?

A: Quin Snyder is the head coach of the Utah Jazz in the NBA, and he is known for being a very detail-oriented and innovative coach. He emphasizes a team-oriented approach to the game, and he is known for his ability to make adjustments both during games and over the course of a season.

Snyder is also known for his focus on player development and for his ability to get the most out of his players. He is highly regarded for his offensive coaching, as he has been able to develop an effective offensive system for the Jazz that emphasizes ball movement, spacing, and three-point shooting. Defensively, he is known for his emphasis on communication, positioning, and team defense.

Overall, Snyder is considered to be a highly skilled and respected coach who has been able to get the most out of his players and build successful teams.

Q: What kind of coach is Kenny Atkinson?

A: Kenny Atkinson is a former head coach in the NBA who is known for his player development skills and emphasis on team culture. During his time as head coach of the Brooklyn Nets, he was credited with helping to develop young players like D'Angelo Russell, Caris LeVert, and Spencer Dinwiddie into key contributors on the team.

Atkinson is also known for his emphasis on a fast-paced, ball-sharing offensive system that emphasizes three-point shooting and player movement. Defensively, he emphasizes a system that is built around switching and versatility, with an emphasis on defending the three-point line.

Overall, Atkinson is considered to be a skilled coach who is particularly strong in player development and culture-building. His offensive and defensive systems are well-regarded, and he has a reputation for being a hardworking and dedicated coach.

Q: What kind of coach is charles lee?

A: Charles Lee is an assistant coach in the NBA who is currently serving as an assistant coach for the Milwaukee Bucks. Lee is known for his expertise in player development, and he has been credited with playing a key role in the development of young players like Giannis Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton during his time with the Bucks.

Lee is also known for his ability to connect with players and build strong relationships with them. He has a reputation for being a highly motivated and energetic coach who is constantly looking for ways to improve himself and his players.

In terms of coaching style, Lee is known for emphasizing an up-tempo, fast-paced offensive system that emphasizes ball movement and player spacing. Defensively, he emphasizes a system that is built around switching and versatility, with an emphasis on defending the three-point line.

Overall, Lee is considered to be a highly skilled coach who is particularly strong in player development and has played a key role in the success of the Milwaukee Bucks in recent years.

The issue with ChatGPT is you never know when it's making ish up and spewing it to you, and unless you're familiar with the search topic you may leave with bad info.

This looks solid though, thanks!!

Going to see what it says about our former HC's to test it out....

What kind of coach is Nate Mcmillan?

Nate McMillan is a professional basketball coach who is currently the head coach of the Atlanta Hawks in the National Basketball Association (NBA). He has also previously served as the head coach for several other NBA teams, including the Seattle SuperSonics, Portland Trail Blazers, and Indiana Pacers.

As a coach, McMillan is known for his emphasis on defense and his ability to get the most out of his players. He is also known for his calm and steady demeanor on the sidelines, which helps him to maintain a sense of composure and focus during high-pressure situations.

McMillan has a reputation for being a strong leader and a mentor to his players, and he is highly respected by many of the athletes he has coached. He has been credited with helping to develop the skills of several NBA stars, including Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, and Victor Oladipo.

Overall, Nate McMillan is considered to be a highly skilled and experienced basketball coach who has had a successful career at both the collegiate and professional levels.

I mean, he do be looking calm and steady on the sidelines with those arms crossed..

What kind of coach is Lloyd Pierce?

Lloyd Pierce is a professional basketball coach who most recently served as the head coach of the Atlanta Hawks in the National Basketball Association (NBA) from 2018 to 2021. Prior to becoming a head coach, he was an assistant coach for several NBA teams, including the Memphis Grizzlies, Golden State Warriors, and Philadelphia 76ers.

As a coach, Pierce is known for his ability to develop young talent and build strong relationships with his players. He has a reputation for being a highly analytical coach who emphasizes the importance of communication and teamwork.

Pierce is also known for his commitment to social justice and advocacy for racial equality. He has been an outspoken advocate for criminal justice reform and has worked to create positive change both within the NBA and in the broader community.

Overall, Lloyd Pierce is considered to be a highly respected and talented coach who has had a positive impact on the teams and players he has worked with. While he was let go by the Atlanta Hawks in 2021, he is widely regarded as a rising star in the coaching world and is likely to have many opportunities in the future.

Again, I suppose this stuff is true - he certainly did create some strong relationships with Trae lol

• Like 2

• Premium Member

OK here are the weaknesses.

Q: What are Quin Snyders weaknesses?

A: One area where Snyder has received criticism in the past is in his team's defensive performance. While the Jazz have been a strong defensive team under Snyder overall, there have been times when they have struggled to defend the three-point line, and some critics have suggested that Snyder's defensive system may be overly complex or reliant on too much switching.

Additionally, some have suggested that Snyder may sometimes struggle with player management or with getting the most out of certain players. However, it is worth noting that these criticisms are relatively minor and do not detract from Snyder's overall track record of success as a coach.

Q: What are Kenny Atkinsons weaknesses?

A: One area where Atkinson has been criticized in the past is in his in-game decision-making, particularly with regards to player rotations and end-of-game situations. Some critics have suggested that Atkinson can be overly analytical or reliant on data, and that this may sometimes lead to him making decisions that are not in the best interest of the team.

Additionally, some have suggested that Atkinson may sometimes struggle with managing star players or with dealing with locker room issues. However, it is worth noting that these criticisms are relatively minor and do not detract from Atkinson's overall track record of success as a coach, particularly in the areas of player development and culture-building.

Q: What are Charles Lees weaknesses?

A: One area where Lee may need to continue to develop as a coach is in terms of his overall coaching experience. While Lee has been credited with playing a key role in the development of young players like Giannis Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton, he has only been an assistant coach in the NBA for a few seasons, and has not yet had the opportunity to serve as a head coach or to fully develop his own coaching philosophy.

Additionally, as with any coach, Lee may have areas where he can continue to develop his skills and expertise, such as in-game decision-making, player management, or strategic planning. However, at this point in his career, it is difficult to assess any specific weaknesses that he may have as a coach.

CC: @akay

Based on ChatGPT's description, I'd lean towards Quin more comfortably since he has experience in the big chair, but Charles Lee also looks promising.

We can only go up from here, so I'm happy with whoever on the Kyle Korver tree list 😄 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, akay said:

Based on ChatGPT's description, I'd lean towards Quin more comfortably since he has experience in the big chair, but Charles Lee also looks promising.

We can only go up from here, so I'm happy with whoever on the Kyle Korver tree list 😄 

Yeah I really agree. Especially since it says this for Kenny:

Atkinson may sometimes struggle with managing star players or with dealing with locker room issues

This looks scary with all the drama surrounding our team. Not sure how true this is, but interesting to see. 

Q: When was kenny atkinson criticized about struggling to manage start players?

A: There were some reports of tension between Atkinson and certain star players on the Nets, particularly in the aftermath of the team's decision to sign Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant in the summer of 2019. Some reports suggested that Atkinson may have struggled to fully connect with Irving, who is known for his strong personality and can be a challenging player to manage.

However, it is worth noting that Atkinson resigned as head coach of the Nets in March 2020, prior to the resumption of the NBA season in the Orlando bubble, and it is not entirely clear what role, if any, issues with star players played in his decision to step down.

That's any coach lol.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Dang ChatGPT is impressive.

What is quin snyders defensive scheme?

Quin Snyder's defensive scheme with the Utah Jazz is known for its versatility and adaptability. Snyder's system emphasizes switching and communication, with an emphasis on limiting opponents' scoring opportunities and disrupting their offensive flow.

In particular, Snyder's defensive system is built around the concept of "ice" coverage, which involves defenders forcing ball-handlers to the sidelines and baseline, and "downing" screens to limit the effectiveness of pick-and-roll plays. Snyder's system also emphasizes help defense, with defenders often rotating to provide support and help prevent opponents from getting easy shots.

One key aspect of Snyder's defensive system is its adaptability. The Jazz will often adjust their defensive strategy based on the strengths and weaknesses of their opponents, with Snyder using a variety of different defensive sets and strategies depending on the situation.

Overall, Snyder's defensive system is widely regarded as one of the best in the NBA, with the Jazz consistently ranking near the top of the league in defensive efficiency under his guidance.

What is Kenny Atkinsons defensive scheme?

Kenny Atkinson's defensive scheme is primarily a man-to-man defense, with an emphasis on pressuring the ball and forcing turnovers. Atkinson's system also prioritizes defensive rebounding, with players encouraged to crash the boards and limit opponents' second-chance opportunities.

One key element of Atkinson's defensive system is its focus on creating turnovers. The Brooklyn Nets, under Atkinson's guidance, ranked among the league leaders in steals and forced turnovers during his tenure as head coach. Atkinson's system relies on active hands and quick feet to disrupt passing lanes and create scoring opportunities in transition.

Another important aspect of Atkinson's defensive philosophy is his emphasis on versatility and flexibility. Atkinson encourages his players to be able to guard multiple positions and to switch effectively on screens, which helps to limit opponents' scoring opportunities and disrupt their offensive flow.

Overall, Atkinson's defensive scheme is built around the idea of using pressure and athleticism to create turnovers and limit opponents' scoring opportunities. While his defensive system may not be as renowned as some of the other top coaches in the league, Atkinson has a reputation as a hard-working and innovative coach who is always looking for ways to improve his team's performance on both ends of the court.

What is Charles Lees defensive scheme?

As a relatively new assistant coach in the NBA, Charles Lee has not yet had the opportunity to fully develop his own defensive scheme or philosophy. However, based on his experience as an assistant coach with the Milwaukee Bucks, it is likely that his defensive approach emphasizes length, athleticism, and versatility.

Under head coach Mike Budenholzer, the Bucks have employed a switching, help-oriented defensive system that emphasizes limiting opponents' scoring opportunities at the rim and from beyond the arc. The Bucks' defense has been anchored by players like Giannis Antetokounmpo, who can guard multiple positions and use their length and athleticism to disrupt passing lanes and contest shots.

Given his close association with Budenholzer and the Bucks' coaching staff, it is likely that Lee's defensive system, if he were to develop one as a head coach in the future, would incorporate many of the same principles and strategies as the Bucks' defense. This would likely include an emphasis on switching, help defense, and limiting opponents' scoring opportunities in the paint and from three-point range.

Is it true that Kenny Atkinson's defense focuses on ball pressure and man-to-man defense? A scheme like that doesn't seem to match our personnel.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Not especially impressed with the artificial intelligence assessment... AI doesn't have a good way of assessing which opinions out there are written by someone who has earned some regard for his/her opinion versus someone like TexasChuck et al.

I do wish D'Antoni were a candidate b/c I am one who is persuaded that he really could do magic with this roster as its composed.

As I've said a couple of times now, though, my Spidey sense (and being a Marshall alum who's followed him since his college days, I'm going to claim a special feel for how D'Antonis--him or his brother--think) says he's done with head coaching. I do think he'd take interest in a Pat Riley-like position with a team, though.

I voted Kenny. I definitely want a coach who walks in the door having had the benefit of a previous gig, and able to reflect on what mistakes he's made and wants to do differently.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not especially impressed with the artificial intelligence assessment... AI doesn't have a good way of assessing which opinions out there are written by someone who has earned some regard for his/her opinion versus someone like TexasChuck et al.

I do wish D'Antoni were a candidate b/c I am one who is persuaded that he really could do magic with this roster as its composed.

As I've said a couple of times now, though, my Spidey sense (and being a Marshall alum who's followed him since his college days, I'm going to claim a special feel for how D'Antonis--him or his brother--think) says he's done with head coaching. I do think he'd take interest in a Pat Riley-like position with a team, though.

I voted Kenny. I definitely want a coach who walks in the door having had the benefit of a previous gig, and able to reflect on what mistakes he's made and wants to do differently.

Did you see anything that was obviously wrong or biased? Everything I saw jibed with my (admittedly very limited) knowledge of the coaches.

Plus, it should be considered one tool in the toolbox that you can use to formulate an opinion. Don't think of it as an AI telling you what is right or wrong.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Did you see anything that was obviously wrong or biased?

By definition, it's not "biased," but this is a situation where some opinions are indeed better informed and come from more authoritative sources.

AI can give conventional wisdom on something like this. It isn't equipped to give well developed insight.

And so much is subjective to begin with, so for me to say "this is wrong," or for that matter, "this is right"... I'm not that authoritative source, either, so it doesn't really matter nor should it matter what I think in the big picture.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

By definition, it's not "biased," but this is a situation where some opinions are indeed better informed and come from more authoritative sources.

AI can give conventional wisdom on something like this. It isn't equipped to give well developed insight.

And so much is subjective to begin with, so for me to say "this is wrong," or for that matter, "this is right"... I'm not that authoritative source, either, so it doesn't really matter nor should it matter what I think in the big picture.

Actually, AIs can be biased...It is one of the biggest challenges that general AI developers contend with...ensuring the AI is trained on "Clean, unbiased" datasets.

https://hbr.org/2019/10/what-do-we-do-about-the-biases-in-ai

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Actually, AIs can be biased...It is one of the biggest challenges that general AI developers contend with...ensuring the AI is trained on "Clean, unbiased" datasets.

https://hbr.org/2019/10/what-do-we-do-about-the-biases-in-ai

Actually, it says, and I quote... "just how much human biases can make their way into artificial intelligence systems"

It's not the AI itself that's biased... so, really, you and I are effectively saying the same thing.