Quin Snyder, Charles Lee or Kenny Atkinson

Spud2nique

Next coach mentioned by woj; who you like  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Whose best for us?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2023 at 07:12 AM

Just now, KB21 said:

Trae would flourish in a motion offense.  See Ja Morant in Memphis.  He’s in Taylor Jenkins version of Bud’s motion, pick and roll offense.  

I just hope we end up with someone that can connect and inspire the team, Budbawl or no.

Thanks for having an open-mind to things you haven't seen.  Seems odd for some to come on here and say what "can't" be done as if they're posting from 2024. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

My list is :

1. Mark Jackson

2. Becky Hammon

3. Sam Cassell

I haven’t voted for this puppy yet because I honestly only know 2/3 dudes really well and that’s the white dudes. I like them both but I also don’t like going back to the past in some ways but in others I do. 

Not gonna lie, I loved Bud and wanted to give him a “life” contract to coach the Hawks. His style of spacing and the school of Pop is right up my alley.

Snyder and Atkinson from the same school. @kg01 why is Atkinson so bad, I think he got Kyme’d in Brooklyn but at the same time, I’d pick Snyder over him. But as far as player development goes, it has to be Atkinson, no? 

Idk about what KG is gonna say, but ik Kenny dropping out of the Hornets HC job at the last second is a horrendous look. 

Having someone who's done that would make me real hesitant to hire them. I want someone who WANTS to be Hawk like a mfer, just all in on this franchise.

The more I look at Quin, the more I see the crazy eyes leading us to the promise land, I'm gassing myself up on his hype😈

Random, but I don't really want Ime's creeper self on this team either; having a history of harassing women at work should be an auto dq from any job at such a high level when there's a lot of talent at this level without that stain on their history.

• Thanks 1

Hire Synder to play Bud Ball

Hawks trade Trae for Anthony Edwards and Conley

Trade Capela, Bogi, and assets for Siakam or AD

Trade JC for role players

Gives us

Murray

🐜 man

Hunter

Siakam or AD

Okongwu

Play Bud ball. Got a #1 option with 🐜, #2 with Siakam or AD, #3 with Murray, Hunter at 4 and Okongwu being the garbage/energy man

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Can't play or won't play?  Are you saying he won't be content unless the world rotates around him?

We won't really know until an real offense is designed to see exactly how it will or won't work.  

Jordan didn't want the triangle either.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, akay said:

Kenny dropping out of the Hornets HC job at the last second is a horrendous look. 

Horrendous look yes.

But horrendous look for Atkinson, or horrendous look for Charlotte and its front office?

Think that's a valid question.

It would be somewhat reassuring to me for a widely-regarded former head coach... Atkinson or otherwise... to decide to come to ATL.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thanks for having an open-mind to things you haven't seen.  Seems odd for some to come on here and say what "can't" be done as if they're posting from 2024. 

💯 ...why not implement it first to see what it can or can't be.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Horrendous look yes.

But horrendous look for Atkinson, or horrendous look for Charlotte and its front office?

Think that's a valid question.

It would be somewhat reassuring to me for a widely-regarded former head coach... Atkinson or otherwise... to decide to come to ATL.

I don't see a world where it's a horrendous look for the FO.

If Charlotte was bad enough to pull out of at the last second, those signs did not just appear the final day after you had agreed to sign.

It's definitely a character issue on Kenny's part, and while he's of course entitled to the best for him and his fam, logistically the onus at that part was on Atkinson and he dropped the ball and caused this look

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Jordan can play in any offense. Trae can't. 

Can or can't, how can anyone possibly know till a new offense gets put in and you actually see what Trae does?

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Prove it. 

We saw it when he was playing for Team USA. We literally had his own teammates say to him directly that he just needs to be in a system where he does his own thing. We seen him playing off the ball this year looking like f***ing trash. Come on, you can't be serious. Ya'll always like this, why do y'all believe in this delusion. The minute we go to Bud ball, Trae is literally going to the trade block. Trae can't coexist in that offense.

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hire Synder to play Bud Ball

Hawks trade Trae for Anthony Edwards and Conley

Trade Capela, Bogi, and assets for Siakam or AD

Trade JC for role players

Gives us

Murray

🐜 man

Hunter

Siakam or AD

Okongwu

Play Bud ball. Got a #1 option with 🐜, #2 with Siakam or AD, #3 with Murray, Hunter at 4 and Okongwu being the garbage/energy man

AD is a permanent resident of the injured reserve list.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, akay said:

I don't see a world where it's a horrendous look for the FO.

If Charlotte was bad enough to pull out of at the last second, those signs did not just appear the final day after you had agreed to sign.

It's definitely a character issue on Kenny's part, and while he's of course entitled to the best for him and his fam, logistically the onus at that part was on Atkinson and he dropped the ball and caused this look

You sure about that?

2023-02-21_20-07-38.png

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We saw it when he was playing for Team USA. We literally had his own teammates say to him directly that he just needs to be in a system where he does his own thing. We seen him playing off the ball this year looking like f***ing trash. Come on, you can't be serious. Ya'll always like this, why do y'all believe in this delusion. The minute we go to Bud ball, Trae is literally going to the trade block. Trae can't coexist in that offense.

Show me.

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Show me.

Watch the interview with Trae and his best friend, Michael Porter Jr. I seen way too many people talk about Trae being a poor fit for any offense that doesn't revolve around him. Kentucky didn't offer when that was Trae dream school because he can't play within an offense. His team USA experiences. 

I'll promise you, this won't work. This will end up with another coach fired or Trae on another team.

I would love Jaylen Brown or Anthony Edwards for Trae if we are going to a system like Bud's

Edited by NBASupes