• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Quin Snyder, Charles Lee or Kenny Atkinson

Spud2nique

Next coach mentioned by woj; who you like  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Whose best for us?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2023 at 07:12 AM

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Mazzulla's Celtics are better offensively than Ime's and less defensive with better pace.

They're building from his foundation.   We need the foundation. 

3 minutes ago, shakes said:

maturity?  Growing up?  Light bulb above their head made them realize that they should start listening to Marcus Smart?

Lots of ways to explain that besides giving the credit to the coach.

Wait, no credit for 'pre-Ime-donnas'?  Tough crowd.

So they matured, collectively, over the course of half a season?  Cause that's what happened last year.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

They're building from his foundation.   We need the foundation. 

Wait, no credit for 'pre-Ime-donnas'?  Tough crowd.

So they matured, collectively, over the course of half a season?  Cause that's what happened last year.

I don't think that's crazy.  The light switch being flipped for a couple of guys in their 4th and 5th years in the league and they do a 180 on their thinking of the game.   We've all had come to Jesus moments in our mid 20s where we grew up and one day realized we were doing something wrong with our lives and made a change.

That said, I'm all for bringing him in because this team needs a hail mary and even if there Ime is only 20% responsible for the change in Boston that's still 20% more than anything we have now.  I just think people need to really temper their expectations given the major differences in maturity between Boston's roster and Atlanta's.

😭 is for the pre-ime-donna joke.

• Premium Member

About foundation..

I think that we have great potential.   Even right now.  We are one year removed from being the top offense in the NBA.  And according to some measures, we have played some good defense at points this year. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Fph9jRaWcAYRd34?format=jpg&name=small

If I could stamp Banned Across that Picture, I would.  I like the idea... but I really get the strong feeling that Udoka has been labelled off limits by Adam Silver.  If we were to take him, our games would be the worst officiated games ever.  

How Ime Udoka became face of the ‘new generation' of coaches | NBA.com

“It just comes down to Ime being a great coach and relationship builder that’s able to connect with any type of guy — young, vet, black, white — it doesn’t matter because that’s just what he does,” Hodges said. “That old-school stuff is kind of dead now. Rah-rah stuff isn’t it. He just shoots you straight and does it with a demeanor that’s respectful and he doesn’t embarrass guys. He talks to players like grown men. He is the new generation of coach, and he’s gonna have a career as long as he wants because he’s just cut out for it. He’s got all the DNA to succeed.”

I do think it is interesting that Ressler makes this move at the same time Boston releases Ime from his contract.  

Seriously, the guy had an extramarital affair.  He didn't beat on a women.  He didn't get caught doing drugs or anything like that.  I just don't see that as a reason to blackball him, especially when the league is full of people who have done far worse things.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Seriously, the guy had an extramarital affair.  He didn't beat on a women.  He didn't get caught doing drugs or anything like that.  I just don't see that as a reason to blackball him, especially when the league is full of people who have done far worse things.  

Wasn't he making unwanted comments towards women in the org?

Keeping it in your pants gotta be the first step in having some emotional maturity at work, doubt he gets the pick 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

gifted Wemb in the lotto for old time sake. 

3 team race here. The NBA loves to repeat its history as you indicate so I have:

1. Rocket- Sampson, Akeem, Yao

2. Spurs- Robinson Duncan (not Duncan Robinson :er:; that foo get traded or… oh ok, Miami said they weren’t shopping him after the fact, got it thanks!)

3. Magic- Shaq aka Superman and Dwight aka Super…goofy.

If it’s not one of those 3, I’ll change my name to El Amin Hassan from NBA radio 📻, I haven’t listened in a couple months.

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Can we be honest, we're basically Prunting on the rest of the season.  Pun intended.

I wonder if the Quin guy would choose coming here over SAS, which I presume will be gifted Wemb in the lotto for old time sake. 

It's gonna be hard to win games. 

• Confused 1

Just now, KB21 said:

I think Quin is the top candidate, and he would be my top choice as well.

Lol you were just pushing Ime! As soon as I dip a foot into Ime and start checking him out and forgiving his horniness you go back to Quin.

PICK ELAINE (a lane)!!!!

• Haha 2