• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I guess  we know who our new coach will be.

Watchman

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I read somewhere that he called out players after games and at the end of it, his players had his back.

Celts defense went from 13th to 1st under Udoka.

He hold folks accountable, is respected and is a defensive no nonsense guy.

New list for Spud.

1. Ime Udoka

2. Nash

3. Snyder

Adding one more huge thing, he was a former Celts coach. Talk about a renewed hot rivalry with the Celts. 

Also, Tatum said this, that’s high praise.

“I love Coach K [Mike Krzyzewski], I love Brad [Stevens], I love Joe [Mazzulla], I love all those guys, but it’s just a different kind of relationship I have with Ime [Udoka] and probably like my most favorite coach I’ve had,” Tatum explained. “And that’s not a knock on anybody. I got a great relationship with Joe. I love everything he’s doing, I’m extremely happy for him. Brad, kind of helped me navigate the NBA. I was 19 and he kind of watched me grow and put me in the right spots, so I have a different perspective and respect for each coach I’ve had. Just different times in my life.”

When asked what the conversations with Udoka had been like, Tatum kept it sweet and to the point.

“Nothing crazy, just checking in. Telling me he’s been watching me and play and keep up the good work.”

• Like 1

Udoka is the one.

It appears Ime Udoka is close to no longer being the Boston Celtics’ problem.

The Atlanta Hawks, who recently moved on from head coach Nate McMillan after a disappointing start, reportedly have interest in the former Celtics head coach.

“Among the candidates being considered for the Hawks’ coaching vacancy, league sources say, is former Celtics coach Ime Udoka,” NBA reporter Marc Stein tweeted Wednesday.

A potential union between Udoka and the Hawks makes sense, with some projecting the two sides to come together almost immediately after Atlanta parted ways with McMillan. The Hawks reportedly are looking for a coach who can lead their offense and defense into league’s Top 10, which is something Udoka did for the Celtics in his lone season in Boston.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

@MarylandHawk no, Im just tired of this franchise being a disaster. Landry is a friggin robot GM, who hasn't done anything and why is Korver assistant? What exactly does he do? Little boy Ressler runs the team and knows absolutely nothing about basketball. We'll see what this team does under a new coach though. 

This franchise is far from being a disaster.

• 12 playoff appearances in the last 15 seasons
    • Only teams that can say as such:
      • Boston . . . that's it, with 13 appearances in 15 years

• 2 Conference Finals appearances in the past 8 seasons
    • East teams that have been to 2 or more Conference Finals in the past 8 years
      • Boston
      • Milwaukee
      • Cleveland
      • Miami
      • Toronto

Now if you want to make a statement that we can't get to Championship caliber level, that will be accurate.  But a "disaster"?  Very far from it.

Expectations of this season so far is not what people expected. But as I've been saying all year, just let everything play out. 

Being so emotional over every single little thing the franchise does, or doesn't do, is counterproductive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@TheNorthCydeRises You're the type to celebrate mediocrity. "Well guys, at least we made it this far. Cant win'em all. We'll get them next year"

But great man, we made the playoffs in a weak conference. We won our play in game and made the 1st round. 3 coaches. Turnover in GMs. Dont know if the owner is even here. Maybe his son is calling shots now. Great stability here guy. 

Yay we made a conference finals and got swept. We made a conference finals with the nba being played on an off schedule. We were playing in July. 

Team is in shambles right now. Quickly searching for a head coach in middle of the season. Smh only the Hawks