• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Givony (ESPN): Saddiq Bey Seeking 'De'Andre Hunter-Type Contract' in Free Agency

GameTime

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/1/2023 at 11:12 AM, Atlantaholic said:

Well let's see how he does this year. With how wing players get consistently overpaid and how we locked up Hunter. I was always of the idea that he was a sort of rental.

Bey's out the door for a trade exception, a garbage contract and a second rounder.  Should have learned to keep his mouth shut.  Adios Bey.  Might as well get your matador suit ready.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Bey's out the door for a trade exception, a garbage contract and a second rounder.  Should have learned to keep his mouth shut.  Adios Bey.  Might as well get your matador suit ready.

Bey is making $4.5 million this year so a $4.5 mil TPE doesn't make sense. 

If we sign him to an early extension this offseason and then try to trade him at the deadline it makes salary matching difficult since he would be a BYC player and wouldn't be able to use his new contract value to gain a larger TPE - so again doesn't make sense.

Hawks should allow him to hit RFAcy and let the market set his value.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

...and here we go! He wants that Hinter deal.

I'd let him hit RFAcy!

Screenshot_20231020_131007_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't believe he will get it. Too much like Duncan Robinson. But if he's worth it, we can always give it to him. OO is the one not to play with. A lot of teams need what he can do. It's all about the cost with him