• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hunter vs. Bey...

Diesel

If this thread was created by someone with more understanding of the modern game, I would lend my 2 cents but I'll just say refer back to previous threads on my opinion. It's clear why Hunter is just more critical to any team as a starter.

As for Bey has a place for helping plus teams and he is clearly helping us but not as a starting SF. You can't suck at defending the position and start in this league especially as a position that demands quality defense and defensive versatility. 

We really need more intelligent posters on this site. Some of you guys have the Homer Simpson in a rat cage thing going in your head. Some of you are stuck in 1994. Some of you just can't escape certain plays unless it's by a player you love where then you might be open to the entire picture. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

If this thread was created by someone with more understanding of the modern game, I would lend my 2 cents

Do you think anybody comes to receive your insults??  Supes, without you, there would be harmony.   Without you, people would get a long and Nobody's Understanding of the "Modern Game" would ever be questioned.   I can't speak for everybody but I get fed up with you hiding behind that statement as if you have ever coached, GM, or hell even been a damn Ballboy since Curry came out of Davidson.   If you have... Good for damn you.    Either participate or don't participate but your insults doesn't make you better than anybody... is that what you need???  You need to feel like you're better than others?  If that's what you need... I  will happily change my signature to this...

Supes the BallBoy is the Master of the MODERN GAME.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Why???  Why do you even open your mouth.  Nobody cares what you have to say.   Nobody.   Do you think anybody comes to receive your insults??  Supes, without you, there would be harmony.   Without you, people would get a long and Nobody's Understanding of the "Modern Game" would ever be questioned.   I can't speak for everybody but I get fed up with you hiding behind that statement as if you have ever coached, GM, or hell even been a damn Ballboy since Curry came out of Davidson.   If you have... Good for damn you.    Either participate or don't participate but your insults doesn't make you better than anybody... is that what you need???  You need to feel like you're better than others?  If that's what you need... I  will happily change my signature to this...

Supes the BallBoy is the Master of the MODERN GAME.

Obviously, you care and obviously, you're touched. Glad to see your true colors. 

@AHF

• Premium Member

Unnecessary jab directed precisely toward the OP on our friend Supes' part.

Unnecessary defensive response on Dies' part.

Supes is entitled to believe he has a superior take. Than Dies, or any of us.

To be fair to Supes, we all generally believe ourselves to have a superior take, at least when it comes to a thread where a debate on topix x has ensued... or we wouldn't bother posting... or we'd just like someone else's post. That much is valid.

Supes is even entitled to believe he himself is superior, not just the take(s).

And perhaps he is.

Perhaps his life is so enveloped in studying the game, watching tape, reviewing stats, reading what other highly-regarded individuals have said. Indeed, there's probably something about each of us gathered in this community that make us superior to every other poster in some specific way. Of course, ordinarily that "specific way" is probably connected to our formal education and professions, but it could be that we have a master chef or a master gardener or a martial arts expert among us... but even then, there is some outside source that has set some standards that we've met in order to be considered that.

Superiority here is more like a being at a comic-con, and claiming to have studied Star Trek in all its versions, perhaps even knowing how to speak in Klingon.

It's cool. But in the big picture, it means really nothing to your contribution to making the world a better place. It's entertainment. You might be so into it that you've donated a slew of your minutes on this planet to considering whether Romulans or Caldonians ultimately would prove to be the more significant species in the story of the universe. Whatever gives a jolt to your dopamine, that's fine.

So, the harm inflicted by Supes' asserting himself and his takes as superior is not really all that (a) damning to any of the rest of us, nor (b) impressive. It's fine.

It's just basketball. It's just entertainment.

Who knows who speaks better Klingon? It's not offensive to me if you think you're better at it than me, and while it may be important to you, it's not actually all that impressive to me that you do. But it's fine. Happy for you that it gives you some fulfillment. (No sarcasm, btw.)

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

image.png

The per 36 numbers shed some interesting light on the comparison.   I hope it means that when one goes to the bench, the other doesn't miss a step. 

• Like 1

I can appreciate that Supes thinks he's the smartest person in the room no matter how wrong he is on that.  To each his/her own though.  I'm a Hawk's fan which means I'm a fan of the team.  I like certain players more than others, that's Fandom.  Maybe you've stated it a million times as to why you think the best option is Hunter, I'm just not getting it.  And yes...I know basketball.  

• Like 1

When an individual lacks the ability to articulate themselves while defending their position, they immediately jump to insults.

It is not a show of strength or expertise to talk down on others who hold an opposing viewpoint. In the end, it simply highlights the lack of quality in that person's argument and makes others lose respect for said individual.

Those who can do better, do better. Those who cannot, get left behind.

Simple.

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

When an individual lacks the ability to articulate themselves while defending their position, they immediately jump to insults.

It is not a show of strength or expertise to talk down on others who hold an opposing viewpoint. In the end, it simply highlights the lack of quality in that person's argument and makes others lose respect for said individual.

Those who can do better, do better. Those who cannot, get left behind.

Simple.

Exactly what a low IQ fan would say.  #ModernGame