• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Exit Interviews 04/28/23

JayBirdHawk

Crazy year but I'm ok with things, we did more then people expected and have a bright future. It was also the first season my teenage son really followed the Hawks so it was a good introduction to how frustrating ATL pro teams can be but overall this was a good year, it could have been alot worse and at the start I thought it would end up much better but them is the brakes.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

lol the State Farm crowd is a joke.  Probably the most pathetic home crowd I've seen in the NBA.   Biggest game of the year, the 2nd half starts and as usual the lower bowl is half empty. Stays that way for several game minutes.  

Absolutely no excuse to not be in your seat for the ENTIRE game in the playoffs.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

lol the State Farm crowd is a joke.  Probably the most pathetic home crowd I've seen in the NBA.   Biggest game of the year, the 2nd half starts and as usual the lower bowl is half empty. Stays that way for several game minutes.  

Absolutely no excuse to not be in your seat for the ENTIRE game in the playoffs.  

Using the bathroom, stretching your legs, grabbing food - nah, no excuses. This is real life, not some imaginationland with humans without human needs/wants.

The crowd was loud as hell and the team loved the atmosphere, but we still got shakes complaining 😭 my fg.

Glad the city showed out, was annoying as hell hearing about how ATL would be taken over by C fans and how no one from ATL supports the Hawks. 

Even if we didn't win and took a few minutes to fill out the lower bowl after halftime, we got a ton of positives and things to look forward to - feels polar opposite to last year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, akay said:

Using the bathroom, stretching your legs, grabbing food - nah, no excuses. This is real life, not some imaginationland with humans without human needs/wants.

The crowd was loud as hell and the team loved the atmosphere, but we still got shakes complaining 😭 my fg.

Glad the city showed out, was annoying as hell hearing about how ATL would be taken over by C fans and how no one from ATL supports the Hawks. 

Even if we didn't win and took a few minutes to fill out the lower bowl after halftime, we got a ton of positives and things to look forward to - feels polar opposite to last year.

that is nonsense. Believe me, I know what real life playoff games look like in person.  I did live through the Bulls dynasty and attended a few of those playoff games as well as watching every game on TV.  You have PLENTY of time during half time to do everything you need to do and then get back in your seat in time for the game.    There is NO EXCUSE for not being in your seat for the start of the game or the start of the half.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, shakes said:

that is nonsense. Believe me, I know what real life playoff games look like in person.  I did live through the Bulls dynasty and attended a few of those playoff games as well as watching every game on TV.  You have PLENTY of time during half time to do everything you need to do and then get back in your seat in time for the game.    There is NO EXCUSE for not being in your seat for the start of the game or the start of the half.

I'm glad your experience going to playoff games 30 years ago is helping inform you of modern day statefarm arena logistics.

It doesn't matter, it was a few minutes at the start of the half - there are so many other things to focus on so choosing this is just weird.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
Just now, akay said:

I'm glad your experience going to playoff games 30 years ago is helping inform you of modern day statefarm arena logistics.

It doesn't matter, it was a few minutes at the start of the half - there are so many other things to focus on so choosing this is just weird.

lol arena logistics.  you mean how nowadays it's even easier to get around the concourse and there are plenty of wash rooms and food venders compared to the 90s.

I also experienced the playoffs in person for plenty of Blackhawks games last decade.  Is that recent enough for you?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae is certainly saying all the right things.  I have to think part of it is damage control on his image as this uncoachable player (which is totally unfair, imo). But most certainly part of it is also just him maturing under Quin and starting to see the big picture of what it takes to be successful at the highest level.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, akay said:

The Farm is like going to a party where there happens to be a basketball game.  Atlanta fans are just different, you have to be a part of it to get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, shakes said:

lol arena logistics.  you mean how nowadays it's even easier to get around the concourse and there are plenty of wash rooms and food venders compared to the 90s.

I also experienced the playoffs in person for plenty of Blackhawks games last decade.  Is that recent enough for you?

No, go to Statefarm arena for a Hawks game during the playoffs and then start talking. You won't understand the culture till you're there.

Even during our ECF run, the highest we've gone in the playoffs ever, the fans are how they always are - I was there for every home game against the Sixers, and it just is what it is.

Just accept it instead of bringing negativity and ice hockey experience to backup your logic.

51 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Farm is like going to a party where there happens to be a basketball game.  Atlanta fans are just different, you have to be a part of it to get it.

Yup, the arena is always a good time. People who don't go/haven't gone won't understand.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Probably my favorite exit interview -- this gets into how our culture is shifting in a positive direction, focusing on development, etc.  Also, I really like this kid...hope he sticks around long enough to develop into a rotation guy one day

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2