• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud job hunting

sturt

• Premium Member

I don't really have anything against Bud, sure I thought the way he left was total BS, but it's been a loooong while now I ain't mad at that anymore. So what I consider to be my untainted and unbiased opinion on him is this:

He hasn't been an elite HC since he lost Snyder. The Hawks took a noticeable nose dive his first year without Snyder and after that the team never looked anywhere near as well coached during the rest of his tenure. I know many here blamed losing Carrell on that steep decline in play after the 60 win season, but  his impact was insanely overblown,, fact is everyone on the team took a step back after Snyder left.

Then in Milwaukee people seem to forget he had been HATED by the fanbase for a long time, and the team had underachieved every single season. The year they won the championship he was literally one Kevin Durant toe away from being fired. During the entire Brooklyn series, all of the national media and the Buck fans were foaming at the mouth asking for Bud's head and clowning his terrible in-game management. If Trae Young doesn't twist his ankle and the Hawks pull off the upset in the ECF it's also a pretty damn safe bet Bud gets canned then. Last year was another disappointment for them. This year they didn't only lose to the 8th seed, but they didn't even make it to 6 games. Not sure that's ever happened before. Of course the Giannis injury was massive, but still an incredible underperformance from the team regardless. 

Now, I don't think he's a trash coach or anything like that, but I've seen some on Twitter clamoring for the Hawks to bring him into the staff and I don't think that's the right move. The guy's body language and face always looks like he's dealing with issues and now after his brother's death and getting canned like this... I think it may be best for everyone he takes some time off. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I wonder if Giannis will want out? 

Bucks have repeater tax issues.

The new CBA tax apron will add even more intrigue to them resigning Lopez and Middleton.

Their playoff appearance since the ring has been disappointing.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wonder if Giannis will want out? 

Bucks have repeater tax issues.

The new CBA tax apron will add even more intrigue to them resigning Lopez and Middleton.

Their playoff appearance since the ring has been disappointing.

And before.

Also, resigning Lopez won't be an issue since he's coming here. 😎

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

I had to look at this firing a different way. 

Giannis said that he wanted to Guard Jimmy Butler but he left it up to the coaches and he followed the coaches decision. 

The best team in the league basically let one man beat them. 

Coach Bud didn't double.  Didn't put his best defender on him.  He just let the legend of playoff Jimmy continue.   Giannis is not a complainer but he had to feel some kind of way and his window is closing. 

• Moderators

His playoff coaching record with the Bucks is 39-26.  Folks act like you should be able to go to the finals every year if you just pull the right levers.   It's gotten way harder than that.  Grayson Allen started all 5 playoff games this season so not sure their roster is all that great.