• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-2024 College Park SkyHawks Thread

JayBirdHawk

How many NBA teams are there now who do not have their own G League team?  I believe in the G League and believe every NBA team should have their own.

:smug:

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

How many NBA teams are there now who do not have their own G League team?  I believe in the G League and believe every NBA team should have their own.

:smug:

I believe the Suns are the only ones without, but they have KD so no worries. :batman:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I’m not sure if Trent is eligible for another two way contract.  I think he has to get an NBA contract or the Hawks have to renounce him.  

🤔

Players with fewer than four years of NBA experience can sign a two-way contract with a team. However, teams cannot sign a player to a two-way contract for three seasons. The deals are limited to two years, and can’t include options.

....unless I'm missing something. He's played for 3 years in NBA.

54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

🤔

Players with fewer than four years of NBA experience can sign a two-way contract with a team. However, teams cannot sign a player to a two-way contract for three seasons. The deals are limited to two years, and can’t include options.

....unless I'm missing something. He's played for 3 years in NBA.

What I read said players with three or fewer years of experience.   I just remembered hearing Brad mention something on one of his podcasts about it, but I may have misheard it.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He sure can shoot it. What's his defense like.

......would be interesting to see the practices between him and MoGee.

Narrow shoulders, build like Austin Daye but lets like a more lethal Channing Frye while giving up 35 pounds to Frye. Unless Atlanta thinks he can develop into a Duncan Robinson type, he's a hard sell to be a NBA player. Duncan can move better so it will be interesting. I will hold off evals till after Summer League for Norris. I like him a lot more than some of Travis's two-way guys he didn't draft. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Summer League, we wonder which Hawk players will stay with Atlanta and which ones will become Skyhawks and play in the Gatorade League this winter.

Skyhawks should be good.  Wonder about their coaching.  Has anything changed?

🧑‍🔧

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...