• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-2024 College Park SkyHawks Thread

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Seems like the Hawks are getting worked over at the All-Star break at every level but that is extra ridiculous if an 0-14 team gets 7 selections.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Skyhawks are doing great!  This speaks well for the future of the Atlanta Hawks!

:smug:

I hope so.  I generally don't think that the success or lack thereof of a G-League team is much of a signal for the parent team.  In this case, I hope it is more of one since Kobe has been a big part of it and looks to have a future role with Atlanta.

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2024 at 5:27 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

No SkyHawks????? 9-4 record, 1st in East

The Ignite team hasn't won any games, 0-14, but have 7 players????

This is actually an actual joke.  Heard one of these gl kids interviewed.   They asked what the advantages were for playing in the gleague or overtime elite (in high school) versus going the normal route through college.

Kid said, with a straight face, stte: "Well, the thing about college is ... they gotta go there and be worrying 'bout winnin 'n stuff, but we ain't gotta do that."

Basically said they just focus on developing nba skills.  Am I the only one that sees this as a bad thing?  'Cause that's actually terrible for the league. 

Players' goals are just warped nowadays.  But these are the dudes folks wanna trade Trae to hope we land?  Smh 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is actually an actual joke.  Heard one of these gl kids interviewed.   They asked what the advantages were for playing in the gleague or overtime elite (in high school) versus going the normal route through college.

Kid said, with a straight face, stte: "Well, the thing about college is ... they gotta go there and be worrying 'bout winnin 'n stuff, but we ain't gotta do that."

Basically said they just focus on developing nba skills.  Am I the only one that sees this as a bad thing?  'Cause that's actually terrible for the league. 

Players' goals are just warped nowadays.  But these are the dudes folks wanna trade Trae to hope we land?  Smh 

Stay in school kids. 

I mean, I get that college isn't for everyone, but still.

I get the MoG injury derailed his rookie season, but I am surprised we didn’t at least call up a Miles Norris or Silva at some point for PF depth. We are still razor thin with our big man rotation as any injury in the frontcourt just derails our entire team.

Our FO has to be accountable for selling out our roster with all these 6-5 guys and no playable bodies with size in the event of injury which has been the story of this roster.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I get the MoG injury derailed his rookie season, but I am surprised we didn’t at least call up a Miles Norris or Silva at some point for PF depth. We are still razor thin with our big man rotation as any injury in the frontcourt just derails our entire team.

Our FO has to be accountable for selling out our roster with all these 6-5 guys and no playable bodies with size in the event of injury which has been the story of this roster.

We can only callup guys who are on 2 way contracts. We have 3 two ways: Forrest, Lundy and Vit.

We would need to release one of the 15 sign these guys to NBA contracts.