• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Washington :er:. Why? Gafford and Wright?

Rockets, Spurs, Mavs, Pelicans, Thunder, Clippers, Suns, Blazers.

They have called about Capela. Offered no but called. People say they are tanking but more like not trading draft assets and rebuilding while competing. I don't see a single team in the NBA that's tanking right now and it's obvious why, the draft is weak. 

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Sothron said:

Hawks are trying to work on an extension for OO. They want to extend Bey

Where do their values lie based on deals being handed out?

Rui and Struss, 1st year  $15 mil

Naz got $12,  Poetl got $17 mil 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Washington :er:. Why? Gafford and Wright?

Rockets, Spurs, Mavs, Pelicans, Thunder, Clippers, Suns, Blazers.

People forget capela has defended Jokic fairly well over his career.  That's why he's coveted. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

People forget capela has defended Jokic fairly well over his career.  That's why he's coveted. 

Oh yeah — Pay up Western Conference

Sure, New Orleans — I will take Jonas V, Jordan Hawkins, and a 1st. 

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

A note on the team's resigning players.

Don't get bent out of shape about that and compare that to what we're doing.  Those players have a hold on their teams for 50% more than their salary. I.E., player has $10 mil salary, has a $15 mil hold, signs for $14 mil, team created $1 mil room.  You have to see it that way.  Its not us vs them. Each team's cap situation is their own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Don't get bent out of shape

That’s really my prerogative now isn’t it? :mellow: I’ll get as bent out of shape as I want!!! 

MY BODY… MY CHOICE!!!

ps Say hi to the pups 🐶 mine stole my bed spot this morning and I slept in his. 😂 

• Haha 2

Old guy can't jump on my bed any more.  He's pretty salty about it.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s really my prerogative now isn’t it? :mellow: I’ll get as bent out of shape as I want!!! 

MY BODY… MY CHOICE!!!

ps Say hi to the pups 🐶 mine stole my bed spot this morning and I slept in his. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

I assume once Dame to Miami gets sorted out, we’ll start to see dominos fall, at least according to some reporters.  I think I’m most interested in what Philly does because Embiid isn’t getting younger and his body doesn’t look like It’s going to age well

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wonder how pissed PTL is with Dame after they signed Grant thinking he's staying. Maybe they don't give him his wish to go to Miami.

July 1

5:38 p.m. ET: Front offices talking to Portland today were left with the impression that Trail Blazers general manager Joe Cronin is pursuing a star-level return package for Damian Lillard and the team plans to look well beyond the Miami Heat to find one, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

5:23 p.m. ET: Portland Trail Blazers general manager Joe Cronin released the following statement: "We have been clear that we want Dame here but he notified us today he wants out and he'd prefer to play someplace else. What has not changed for us is that we're committed to winning, and we are going to do what's best for the team in pursuit of that goal."

Translation: Screw you, Liami!  Yall better go get some assets if'n you wanna play bawl!  Dame is under contract, he goin' where we says so. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Translation: Screw you, Liami!  Yall better go get some assets if'n you wanna play bawl!  Dame is under contract, he goin' where we says so. 

I'm with you.  I'm really rooting for Portland on this one.  It just blows my mind how much power NBA players have in choosing their destination when they're under contract for VERY lucrative amounts.  Especially when you see just how powerless NFL players are in comparison (well, outside the top 10-15 QB's at least).

• Moderators
On 6/30/2023 at 7:09 PM, Sothron said:

I never said Ayton and Morris were star players. I was asked to name other players we're talking about. 

Ayton might still develop into a secondary star but Morris is just a role player/decent starter.

The reason I responded like that is you were asked if there were any other "sleeper stars" we were looking at.  Fully agree with you that Morris is just a role player.  You don't want him starting but he can be a valuable part of your rotation.