2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Told y’all he not Klutch like y’all think he is 

He ended up at Klutch because his original agent, Omar Wilkes of Octagon went there, but he still remained Omar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NekiEcko said:

So we are going to trade DJM, OO, AJ for Herbert Jones, Jarrent Allen and Caris LaVert?

R.2513f4ec23318d836631c7cc038b63e6?rik=E

Nope, that is not good deal at all.

You have no idea how drastically better we would be adding 

Herb Jones
Jarrett Allen

and possibly getting a Marcus Smart or Alex Caruso

That would be REAL INTELLIGENT GM'ing around Trae and JJ

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He’s with WME.  

Interesting that Ant was also with Wilkes at Octagon.

Wilkes left Octagon this week to take over Klutch's basketball division. Founder Rich Paul, who previously headed the basketball department, is planning to focus on his role as CEO and continue his work expanding the agency's football and baseball business.

It's unclear if any of Wilkes' other clients will follow him to Klutch. Potential No. 1 overall pick Anthony Edwards, Toronto Raptors forward OG Anunoby and Young's Hawks teammate Cam Reddish were among Wilkes' clients at Octagon.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d rather do this. 

Jarrett Allen is a tremendous defender

Which should be the singular focus area of improvement on a dumpster fire defense for 3 years

image.thumb.png.531d64428d21b7c97345138082e5d68d.png

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Told y’all he not Klutch like y’all think he is 

Now we know why......

Omar Wilkes, one of the NBA's most prominent agents, is leaving his post at sports agency Klutch Sports Group, founded by super-agent Rich Paul, to join digital sports platform Fanatics Inc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting that Ant was also with Wilkes at Octagon.

Wilkes left Octagon this week to take over Klutch's basketball division. Founder Rich Paul, who previously headed the basketball department, is planning to focus on his role as CEO and continue his work expanding the agency's football and baseball business.

It's unclear if any of Wilkes' other clients will follow him to Klutch. Potential No. 1 overall pick Anthony Edwards, Toronto Raptors forward OG Anunoby and Young's Hawks teammate Cam Reddish were among Wilkes' clients at Octagon.

May or may not be interesting, but Chris Emens was with Omar at Octagon.  He was also Landry Fields’s agent and is currently an executive advisor with the Hawks.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s a great article.  Really makes me believe that Trae will show loyalty to the Hawks if they truly show they are trying to build a winning team around him.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sothron said:

One of my Hawks sources is fairly confident Ingram is coming to Atlanta and we're sending them DJM. Other pieces are involved and we're getting back at least one first rounder. 

I’m not mad about this especially if we are getting another pick we can use in this years draft.

11 hours ago, KB21 said:

When you also take into account that Jalen Johnson likely needs to have his role INCREASED as a secondary on the ball creator in the upcoming season, it really doesn't make any sense to add a guy like Ingram to the mix.  The need someone who is going to be a defender and a catch and shoot floor spacer.  

This is a good point but you act like BI can’t hit 3s! 😂 

10 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

He got no one to get him good looks and a stagnant offensive system with no good facilitating PG or player to break down the defense and play make.  He would get plenty of opportunities from three playing with Trae.  You can't pull up a bballref page and predict the future based on the past when circumstances change dramatically. 

Every single criticism you guys have about Ingram's game can be said about the first 4 years of De'Andre Hunter and Quin had him taking more threes at his highest 3P% last year.  Players can develop new habits-- if we don't trust our coaching staff, no player is going to be a difference maker coming to Atlanta.

Very true!

10 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

He avg 6+ 3pt attempts per game with Lonzo Ball as the pg.  And then Lonzo wasn't the pg and he fell off a cliff.  In the years where he took a lot, he also led the team in c/s 3pt attempts one year and was 2nd the other year.  That tells me he'll take them when he's set up to take them.  If he's dribbling on his own and has to create, he's more apt to dribble into the mid range and take the tougher shot.  

I don't see why playing with Trae wouldn't create a ton of opportunities for him to take c/s 3s.  He's probably not ever going to eliminate the mid range, but there's no reason to think he can't change the shot allocation drastically.  

Hit em with the facts @REHawksFan ! …did @AHF see this ???

10 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Just to expound on the PG issue with BI...

In the 19-20 season, BI avg 6.1 3pt fga and shot 39.1%.  He had Lonzo Ball and Jrue Holiday as his PGs. He was assisted on 135 jump shots.  

In the 23-24 season, BI avg 3.8 3pt fga and shot 37%.  He had CJ McCollum as his main PG.  He was assisted on 75 jump shots.  

That's 60 fewer assisted makes on jumpers this year compared to when he had Ball and Holiday as his PGs.  

If you look at pullup off the dribble vs c/s jumpers:

19-20 with 2 pgs:  423 c/s and 199 off dribble

23-24 with 0 pgs:  155 c/s and 305 off dribble

You can't ignore the lack of PG for NO the last few seasons.  

Another excellent FACT from @REHawksFan….did @AHF @KB21 @kg01 see this ? 

8 hours ago, KB21 said:

Ingram really isn't a switchable defender.  He's not much of a defender at all, but he particularly struggles with power forwards and smaller, quicker guards.  

This isn’t true. BI’s defense has progressed well over these last two seasons. There are articles from this season with quotes from his teammates and opponents speaking about his improvement on defense. Saying this is the same perception about Traes defense who we all know also dramatically improved this season.

Im not calling BI a lockdown guy but he’s taken accountability to improve and still only 26.

5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Bi and Dyson for DJ and Capela would be a tremendous trade for the Hawks.  if we get a first rounder out of it too then count me impressed.  

Agreed! It’s a damn good trade. Dyson will eventually work his way into some good minutes just like Bufkin. Two young defensive first guys isn’t a bad thing to have at all.

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

guilty.gif

(Me being huge on BI, but too scared to post because @AHF's gonna tear me to pieces with perfect arguments.😅)

I don’t know…while @AHF did make some good arguments… @REHawksFan posted some facts that cannot be ignored when discussing BI and his fit with an ACTUAL point guard. BI shot plenty of 3s when he had Lonzo and Holiday…can’t just be ignoring the facts with personal feelings. And to @JeffS17 point, what good is our coach and his staff if he can’t force good winning habits …ALSO it’s wildly known that BI took more of a playing approach this past season which makes sense considering they have no one on the team who can run point .

i don’t care if folks don’t like BI, but don’t ignore obvious facts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

You have no idea how drastically better we would be adding 

Herb Jones
Jarrett Allen

and possibly getting a Marcus Smart or Alex Caruso

That would be REAL INTELLIGENT GM'ing around Trae and JJ

Do you believe the Cavs or Pels would trade talents like Jones or Allen? I doubt it, but if it does happen, I'll be pleased, though it seems like a pipe dream.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

I played around with it on fanspo, and it would take more than what's listed to make it go.  

This works though financially:
Hawks trade Dejounte Murray and Oneyeka Okongwu to New Orleans, AJ Griffin to Cleveland.

New Orleans trades Brandon Ingram to Cleveland, Herbert Jones and 2024 FRP to Atlanta, 2025 FRP to Cleveland.

Cleveland trades Jarret Allen and Caris LaVert to Atlanta.

I would love this, so that means it has no chance of happening. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The real argument against him is one based on his value vs his salary expectations. THAT'S the reason we shouldn't trade for him. 

I don't know that I want to pay the taller version of Murray twice as much though. Hawks are in desperate need of some DEFENSE, TOUGHNESS and GRIT on the wing and frontcourt.

• Like 4

Quin got DJ to shoot more threes but due to DJ’s insistence on getting to his spot, it wasn’t enough threes.  Ingram has never had a 3PAr higher than 0.35.  

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know that I want to pay the taller version of Murray twice as much though. Hawks are in desperate need of some DEFENSE, TOUGHNESS and GRIT on the wing and frontcourt.

And those don't grow on trees. Plus, I don't want to pay BI that much money either, but... it is what it is.

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Sothron said:

One of my Hawks sources is fairly confident Ingram is coming to Atlanta and we're sending them DJM. Other pieces are involved and we're getting back at least one first rounder. 

What are the OTHER piece(s)?

Hawks have to send out more salary, so who will it be?

Will this be a trade that happens once the season/playoffs ends but before the new league year or after July 1st?

Difference in ongoing salaries makes a difference:

Before July 1: BI $33.8 mil. DJ $18.2 mil.

After July 1: BI $36 mil. DJ $25.4 mil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1