• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

There is NO WAY IN HELL that Oneyka Okongwu should stop any sort of deal that could possibly improve this roster.   

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

PREEEEEAAAACHHHH!!!! 

hmm.gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Yeah and it's not that folks desperately want to move him.  It's that he shouldn't be the hold up to a deal improving the team. 

So exactly what deal actually helps this team get better that has been mentioned?   Giving up OO and getting back Brandon Ingram and a couple of picks doesn’t help us.  It changes nothing except makes us weaker in the front court.  

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

You misread the comment. Not to mention his play has surpassed Clint for a while. Politics play a big role in minutes and rotation whether you guys want to admit it or not. It’s a reason hunter is always gonna have a role in the short term 

If politics plays a big role in his minutes, it means that we're not serious about maximizing HIS talent, nor are we serious about building a winner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

So exactly what deal actually helps this team get better that has been mentioned?   Giving up OO and getting back Brandon Ingram and a couple of picks doesn’t help us.  It changes nothing except makes us weaker in the front court.  

On the flip side, are you saying there are NO deals that make us better if OO goes out in the deal? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

On the flip side, are you saying there are NO deals that make us better if OO goes out in the deal? 

There are a few that I’d be willing to do.  

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

It’s exactly the reason, because the reason for trading him isn’t his play.  He’s been very good.  It’s because he’s “not a real center.”   Same shit fans did with Al.  

So why hasn't Quin made a decision to make him the definitive starter?  This is also why I question Quin as a coach.  If you're the coach, just make a decision.  Don't straddle the fence if the younger guy is better than the older guy.

But if the younger guy isn't the better option, what is the plan for OO going forward?

You're against playing him at the 4 because you believe he's best at center.  I'm all for playing him at the 4 and have both OO and Clint on the floor together, to shore up our defense.  OO can still play center, but OO and Clint ( with how small our team is ), should also play significant minutes together.

All I'm saying is that if a guy like Ingram, or whomever, is our target, do whatever it takes to bring that player in.  It's not like we're maximizing OO's talent, or giving him more minutes.

OO's per 36 minutes career stats

image.thumb.png.4e28b4c5b08b3f38060191216e0ec1d5.png

Capela's per 36 minutes career stats with the Hawks

image.thumb.png.c606d8795af5eb5294873a4d3765f0c9.png

At what point do we hand the reigns over to OO at center, if he can't out perform the current center?

• Like 2

I wonder how much of this conversation changes since the Hawks got the first pick?  I caught up on this weekend's hot takes and debates yet I see nothing since the draft lottery yesterday to speak of.  If BI/Dyson and any combo of picks is the deal for DJ/OO or Capela, we need to prioritize an elite POA defender.  Dyson might be that, but his shot probably keeps him out of any starting lineup.  We'd be perimeter shooting deprived as it is.  We'd need him on the floor with elite floor spacers like Bogi.  I think a realistic target would need to be S&T of Okoro.  He's the kind of player we need in that starting lineup.  Not flashy.  Not elite at anything offensive, and doesn't need to score to make an impact.  Herb Jones light is who he is. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ingram's contract remains the biggest question mark for me.  I think of him as someone in a position like JC.  On the right contract, he is a very nice piece.  On the wrong contract, he is a detriment to team building.  He is a better player than JC but not a cornerstone player.   The comparison to a taller DJM still fits for me and DJM is a guy who is toxic on a max contract and a value add on a more reasonable contract.  The same is the case with Ingram.  I can't predict his next  contract but given that he sits on a $36M salary right now and that he is a volume scorer, I would predict he will be seeking a pretty massive deal and that someone will give it to him.

• Like 2

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, AHF said:

Ingram's contract remains the biggest question mark for me.  I think of him as someone in a position like JC.  On the right contract, he is a very nice piece.  On the wrong contract, he is a detriment to team building.  He is a better player than JC but not a cornerstone player.   The comparison to a taller DJM still fits for me and DJM is a guy who is toxic on a max contract and a value add on a more reasonable contract.  The same is the case with Ingram.  I can't predict his next  contract but given that he sits on a $36M salary right now and that he is a volume scorer, I would predict he will be seeking a pretty massive deal and that someone will give it to him.

If we trade for him and somehow pull off DJ/Aj for BI/Dyson then if BI just walks after a year i'm not too hurt.  We have Dyson and $36m off the books right we we are extending Jalen.  Hopefully we get some kind of pick out of it too. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If we trade for him and somehow pull off DJ/Aj for BI/Dyson then if BI just walks after a year i'm not too hurt.  We have Dyson and $36m off the books right we we are extending Jalen.  Hopefully we get some kind of pick out of it too. 

We would need a lot more to include OO as has been the case in many hypothetical trades.  I like the idea of JJ / Sarr / OO on the front line even though I worry about injuries there.

• Like 3

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, AHF said:

We would need a lot more to include OO as has been the case in many hypothetical trades.  I like the idea of JJ / Sarr / OO on the front line even though I worry about injuries there.

Nola is going to get desperate to trade BI and they really need Murray.  even a straight up trade where we get a pick i think is worth it even if we don't re-sign him. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Nola is going to get desperate to trade BI and they really need Murray.  even a straight up trade where we get a pick i think is worth it even if we don't re-sign him. 

I think it's a good gamble. I think we would be able to re-sign him and I also think that if for some reason we want to move on, there will be takers for his salary. I'd like to get Dyson Daniels (and a FRP if they'd come off it).  I don't want to include OO now that we are looking at adding a player like Sarr.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

IIUC the Hawks were only open to including OO if NOP sent us the Lakers 25 frp which NOP wasn’t willing to do. 
I was open to trading OO to make room for a 7’er, but If we get Sarr, I’d be more interested in keeping OO. I think they (along with JJ and MoG) would really complement each other a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

His eligible max extension is 140% of his current deal so that's a deal starting at $50.4 million. If the takes the DJ like extension of 120% that's a deal starting at $43 million.

• Premium Member

Which team wants Clint? And what can we get for him?

With the Hawks likely to select Alex Sarr at No. 1 overall, Clint Capela becomes a probable trade candidate this offseason. Capela is on a $22.3 million expiring contract after averaging 11.5 points, 10.6 rebounds and 1.5 blocks. For interested teams, it won’t be too costly.