• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Budcox the GM “forced out” Bud the coach.  Budcox forced us into a rebuild by leaving us with an underperforming roster that was lucky to make the playoffs (expected losing record) and had no path to add significant talent and a guaranteed massive increase in payroll coming (with Sap and others about to get overpaid).  Bud didn’t want to rebuild which is why he left at the end of the day.  Budcox put the team in a position where rebuilding was the obvious next step as a result of not managing the roster as it spiraled into submediocrity.

Bud didn’t want to rebuild is the only true statement there.  There were other ways of retooling the roster without tanking.  Ressler had a great coach and prioritized tanking over keeping the great coach.  

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Thanks.  Not sure why we have to keep re-explaining this.

Absolving Budenshoulders is like watching a guy set a building on fire, then blaming the fire for why he had to leave.  Like, uh there's a reason there was a fire. 

Would you be my analogy man 🧍‍♂️ for a day. I got some analogies I’d like to sprinkle on some bastar… I digress. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I agree with about 70% of your rant here! Nice to see you though you disappear for weeks at a time then release your load on us … :mellow:

What up doh Wretch? :frantics:

I think @Wretch has a burner.  No way he can be this plugged in without being here more often than we know. 

Who you think it is?  Burd?  AH?  *gasp*  Is it you, squd? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

QUESTIONING: "WHO IS THIS POSTER?" 

I often wonder if a member of the Hawk's roster ever posts on the Squawk.  I wonder if any of the many coaches or other people associated with the team ever post.  We've noticed that, from time to time, something is said that came directly from here.  I do believe some of the broadcast crew peeps in occasionally.  Anyone know anything?

:smug:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

*gasp*  Is it you, squd? 

Yo I ain’t never been anyone but my weirda$$ self here on squawk and that’s a promise. :huh:

ps I’m playing ball 🏀 right now and noticing that my defense has gotten waaaayyy better since I was in my 20’s and I dribble a lot more than I used to back in the day..

Anyhoo, it made me think defense is about pride. It’s like 80% pride and effort and 20% miscellaneous (not including size)..

Anyways, the more I’ve developed episodes in my life where I think I’ve been totally screwed over, I think about those when I D up and feel like the offensive player is my #1 enemy… why doesn’t half the league play D anymore? Cozy lives growing up, privilaged too early? 

Pps I am shootin by myself here.. :upsidedown: 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

I dont agree with all this, but it's well presented so you get a 'like'.

Interestingly, your first point correlates with the last.  Meaning, they can't treat Murray as a sacred cow.  If he can be moved to help move the team forward, IIWII, and it may be what's best for him to boot.

Ah well, I tend to think there's a path to improvement even with him on the roster.  So things aren't as dire as many folks here seem to believe. 

Agreed 1000%. I love everything about Murray except it doesn't appear that they fit. I think with a really good sniper or a really good big, it could work. Not with JUST him and Trae is the cornerstones tho.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think @Wretch has a burner.  No way he can be this plugged in without being here more often than we know. 

Who you think it is?  Burd?  AH?  *gasp*  Is it you, squd? 

Nah. Check the bottom of the threads to see who's read when you're in here. I can almost guarantee you that my name will be there because I never close my browser.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Honestly, the rationale for the Pelican'ts prioritizing Murphy over Ingram explains why he shouldn't be a target for us. 

Aye, this can all be true and you could still have a burner. 😉 

Yup!

If we trade for Ingram and then pay him, he will be untradeable in 2 years when you are looking to trade Trae because the fit between the two just isn’t there.  
I don’t think Landry would do it, but I have no faith that the Resslers will avoid interfering and pushing the deal.  

Just now, kg01 said:

I can imagine a world where swapping Murray for Ingram makes us marginally better.  But, once you factor in the cost to acquire and the potential contract, the juice ain't worth the squeeze. 

This is where I am with BI. Overpaid and not as good as his rep. Probably not worth the acquisition cost. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

DJM has only 1 career charge?!?  That is absolutely incredible.  Seems completely implausible.  Even if you hate all contact, it seems like it would happen by accident dozens of times by this point in his career.  (Dozens would be like 5x per season.)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Wretch said:

then I ask myself if it's important enough for me to chime in. 

Ahhhhh I see. That’s where I go astray and just chime in regardless.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

Honestly, the rationale for the Pelican'ts prioritizing Murphy over Ingram explains why he shouldn't be a target for us. 

Yup.

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

makes us marginally better. 

Ya Ingram doesn’t move the chain ⛓️💥 too far.. possible another 5 game improvement? A guy like OG I’d go but not Ingram.

OG>thinGram

• Like 1