• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Siakam is overpaid but he not insanely overpaid. At the end of the day, he's not a superstar or star. He's in the same tier as Millsap. He's a better defender than Sap but Sap is better on offense. That said, he's miles better than JC. JC should be a 6th man on a winning team

I will just say this….as long time hawk fans we hardly ever see talented rosters. At least if we can add Siakam on a reasonable trade we will get 3 very talented players again.

I’ve always said that some players out there are stars in the right grouping. That’s not to say they aren’t talented…for example Leonard’s lone season in Toronto has Siakam looking like legitimate star player. I’m not saying Trae is on par with Leonard but I do think there are some things Trae & Murray can make easier on Siakam along with a Quinn as well.

I think it’s pretty obvious that Trae can damn near make any big man in this league look like a decent player even if they’re trash as long as they can catch and finish. If a big has legitimate actual talent than Trae can elevate their game offensively pretty easily.

Also I’m very interested to see a Siakam & OO tandem defensively. Hell that would be our best defensive big man tandem since Sap and Horford. What I hate is that Hunter would obviously not be the 3 so there’s a whole there.

• Like 2

Just now, bleachkit said:

I'm good on Siakam. If we made a fair take it or leave it offer, that's fine. But as far as sweetening the pot to get a deal done, no thanks. 

Agreed …don’t do anything crazy to get him. Pursue but don’t over pursue.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JTB said:

I will just say this….as long time hawk fans we hardly ever see talented rosters. At least if we can add Siakam on a reasonable trade we will get 3 very talented players again.

I’ve always said that some players out there are stars in the right grouping. That’s not to say they aren’t talented…for example Leonard’s lone season in Toronto has Siakam looking like legitimate star player. I’m not saying Trae is on par with Leonard but I do think there are some things Trae & Murray can make easier on Siakam along with a Quinn as well.

I think it’s pretty obvious that Trae can damn near make any big man in this league look like a decent player even if they’re trash as long as they can catch and finish. If a big has legitimate actual talent than Trae can elevate their game offensively pretty easily.

Also I’m very interested to see a Siakam & OO tandem defensively. Hell that would be our best defensive big man tandem since Sap and Horford. What I hate is that Hunter would obviously not be the 3 so there’s a whole there.

Siakam offensive was better this year than that season with Kawhi. He just had a tremendous playoff run and since, he hasn't been good in the playoffs as a #1 option. 

I like Siakam. I just don't see him as someone to overpay for and he will be overpaid

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Probably this week before we fly out to Vegas. Sacramento is playing in that Cali tournament tomorrow

Siakam not a star???? The dude is one of the 20 best players in the league and an all nba forward...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I honestly would rather develop JJ who I think has star potential then give up the farm for an almost 30 year old that depends on athletic ability that's fading IMO in Siakam. 

While I am up in the air due to experience on all of the PFs on the roster like JJ, Bey, and Gueye, I'll rather run with the kids than trade for Siakam if it the price ain't right. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Check out Deandre Hunter's BPM. It's not pretty.

I didn't want to be "that guy".  But I was about to be petty as hell and post 4 players' advanced stats ( Siakam and Dre included ), without revealing the name, age, position, or the team he played for . . . and see which guys he valued the most.

My thing is this.  If we want to get off the treadmill, we may have to take HUGE risks to do so.   If we stay the course, this team doesn't improve much unless the kids dramatically make leap to that next level . . or Trae and Murray become All-NBA at the same time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Siakam not a star???? The dude is one of the 20 best players in the league and an all nba forward...

He's top 30 like Sap was. He's not a star. 

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I didn't want to be "that guy".  But I was about to be petty as hell and post 4 players' advanced stats ( Siakam and Dre included ), without revealing the name, age, position, or the team he played for . . . and see which guys he valued the most.

My thing is this.  If we want to get off the treadmill, we may have to take HUGE risks to do so.   If we stay the course, this team doesn't improve much unless the kids dramatically make leap to that next level . . or Trae and Murray become All-NBA at the same time.

You been that guy, why start with, I don't want to be that guy

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I honestly would rather develop JJ who I think has star potential then give up the farm for an almost 30 year old that depends on athletic ability that's fading IMO in Siakam. 

And that’s why I’m glad you aren’t our GM. JJ is good and all but he will never ever be a 1,2,3 scoring option.

Edited by theheroatl

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's top 30 like Sap was. He's not a star. 

You been that guy, why start with, I don't want to be that guy

Millsap was a great player for the Hawks. Very respected player and got big contracts. He put the work in like Al Horford did. Can’t say he wasn’t a star at some points.

Edited by theheroatl

45 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think Pascal is easily better than Collins overall. He’s also just naturally more aggressive.

im sure a trio of Trae, Murray, Siakam makes it to the playoffs but at the amount of money going out I guess for all 3 IF we were to trade for Siakam is can this trio lead us past Milwaukee or Boston or Miami in the East?….or are we even better with this trio compared to the cavs or knicks ?

Trae, Murray, Bey, Siakam, Okungwu

If that’s our lineup how do we stack up vs other East teams?

Thats what the FO will need to be sure about.

All you have to do is look at some of his matchups vs us the past 2 years, to see how much better he is than anyone on our frontline.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

All you have to do is look at some of his matchups vs us the past 2 years, to see how much better he is than anyone on our frontline.

That's because our defense sucks! Even Bucher kills us

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Siakam offensive was better this year than that season with Kawhi. He just had a tremendous playoff run and since, he hasn't been good in the playoffs as a #1 option. 

I like Siakam. I just don't see him as someone to overpay for and he will be overpaid

It feels like everyone is getting overpaid. Like it’s not really avoidable unless you just want to purposely tank. But that’s just my fan perspective from the outside looking in.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What amazes me is that we have hawk fans that actually think Siakam and Collins are close in talent. It’s very obvious they are far apart ….there’s so much that can easily be pointed out in this video that Collins cannot do it’s not even funny.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Just a weird fan base 

Sure, they all are - this is the nba there arent enough good players to go around and build consistent teams is the long and short of it, you have the occasional GS but that is rare and you see how much they are spending, but when half the country is buying your merch its ok.  

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think JJ could be good too. I won’t say star potential but the kid definitely has some special tools.

also i feel like Siakam is currently in his prime years. These next 3 seasons should be the best version of him and that’s something to consider if trading for him.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Hes 30, on the last year of his deal, and has refused to commit to signing anywhere. The trade package wont be a farm at all. Itll be elike DJ + Bufkin + 2 picks or something of sort. 

10 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

And that’s why I’m glad you aren’t our GM. JJ is good and all but he will never ever be a 1,2,3 scoring option.

His role isn't to be a scorer though lol. He does everything else at a high level and is the type of player you need around Trae especially if they incorproate motion offense principles. Defends high level, rebounds well, pushes pace.

• Like 1