• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

To my Siakam Fans....

Diesel

• Premium Member

IF Siakam changed his stance and said he would sign an extension if traded to Atlanta... but the trade would have to be...

DHunter/OO/Mills/1st rounderfor Siakam 

After Mills is trade eligible (Sept) Would you pull the trigger?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, swanlee said:

Nope, not trading OO

So are you saying that OO is better than SIakam?  Because Siakam as a rental is one thing, but if he signs an extension as he's traded, that's different. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Hell no!

No OO no AJ for me.

Any other reasonable deal including Hunter, Capela and picks is fine.

Capela and a pick OR Hunter and a pick, that’s it.

So you're saying that OO is more valuable than Siakam signed for the next 5 years?

You and @TheNorthCydeRises can quote all of Siakam's accolades but when it comes down to it, OO is better?

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

So you're saying that OO is more valuable than Siakam signed for the next 5 years?

You and @TheNorthCydeRises can quote all of Siakam's accolades but when it comes down to it, OO is better?

This is where stats go out the window for me. OO will never beat anyone in a stat off but he has got an insane defensive motor and IQ and  a Giannis/Embiid type of a stopper.

Unless it’s a package for Giannis or Jokic, I’m not dealing OO for anyone.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

1) Hunter + Mills + AJ + Bufkin

2) Hunter + Mills +AJ + Bufkin + 1st round pick

Do you think Siakam and CC are a fit?  Seems like our spacing is actually worse when you swap JC for Siakam given Siakam's career 32.7% 3pt% and the fact that Siakam needs to not have the lane clogged to really cook.  But maybe I'm making incorrect assumptions about how Siakam likes to operate since I only see him a few times a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is interesting. 

So for you, the idea of rental is meaningless.   This explains why you don't have any problem parting with players in the first deal because somehow you think it's a done deal that he will resign.    I don't see it that way.  I don't think he's just talking when he says that he won't resign.  It's evident now that Toronto is not going to pay him the supermax regardless.  So there is no need to keep up the appearance that he doesn't want to be moved.   He's telling the truth.   He won't resign.   Moreover, he leaves Toronto where he's the 1st option to come to Atlanta or other places where more than likely he won't be the first option. 

Other GMs are not seeing his words as a ploy.  I don't know why anybody else would either.. especially at this late juncture. 

I could go with Mills, Bufkin, Hunter, and  a 1st for the rental.  Mainly because I see the contract to Hunter as being premature and we haven't seen Mills or Bufkin.   However, I'm not sliding AJ into that mix for a rental.  That's crazy. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Do you think Siakam and CC are a fit?  Seems like our spacing is actually worse when you swap JC for Siakam given Siakam's career 32.7% 3pt% and the fact that Siakam needs to not have the lane clogged to really cook.  But maybe I'm making incorrect assumptions about how Siakam likes to operate since I only see him a few times a year.

Siakam is not a good shooter from distance.   He does one thing better than JC.. he puts the ball on the floor (well maybe 2) he passes well.   However, teams will fall back if we don't have shooters.   This is my problem with making him our target.   He's a high usage low percentage distance shooter.   

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Siakam is not a good shooter from distance.   He does one thing better than JC.. he puts the ball on the floor (well maybe 2) he passes well.   However, teams will fall back if we don't have shooters.   This is my problem with making him our target.   He's a high usage low percentage distance shooter.   

I think he is a much stronger player than JC but I don't see how he and CC are going to be good fits together and question a starting lineup with Trae, DM, Siakam, and CC.  Not enough distance shooting for the modern NBA.  That is why I think CC likely needs to be a part of any hypothetical Siakam trade even if he is going to a third team since Toronto is unlikely to want him.  CC needs particular teams to fit but he is a significant contributor when you can find that fit.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think he is a much stronger player than JC but I don't see how he and CC are going to be good fits together and question a starting lineup with Trae, DM, Siakam, and CC.  Not enough distance shooting for the modern NBA.  That is why I think CC likely needs to be a part of any hypothetical Siakam trade even if he is going to a third team since Toronto is unlikely to want him.  CC needs particular teams to fit but he is a significant contributor when you can find that fit.

yeah... my fear with this lineup is that DM will suffer a bit and we will probably move Bogi up to start just to give us shooting.   And then eventually either at the break or in the offseason, we will trade Siakam or DM.

We shouldn't do that. 

Like I said before if he was available and I can't see why not, KAT is a much better prospect for us...

I just wonder if we could get him without giving up a lot. 

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Sorry for leaving a like and then deleting it. Totally misread your response. So you don't care about Siakim signing with us long term? For me, that is the limit to any trade I'd send north for him. No way would I part with young talent for a one-season-hope-he-signs-lonterm situation. The minute difference you have between 1 &2 situation is definitely baffling to me. 

So if Siakam were to sign an extension then yeah it would suck to give up OO and his D especially in the Postseason but Siakam is just a next level top 20-30 guy. Adding in Hunter we got Bey or AJ to step in add Mills is what he is and one 1st. 
Keep CC and pair him up with Siakam. You still have your 6th man in Bogi and AJ and JJ. We would need to get a cheap defensive center. 
Hell yeah I’d do that trade if he agreed to an extension. It’d hurt to see OO go but yes I’d make the trade.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, timebomb said:

Keep CC and pair him up with Siakam

That doesn't work for me. Zero spacing. Siakam is best working in the paint. CC is a lane clogger as he doesn't operate outside of 3 feet from.the rim.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That doesn't work for me. Zero spacing. Siakam is best working in the paint. CC is a lane clogger as he doesn't operate outside of 3 feet from.the rim.

But I think it could work with Trae actually deciding to move with out the ball more. Siakam would be another good passer to set up Trae and for that matter DJ or Bey for wide open looks. Siakam can also get CC looks outside the pick and rolls. Siakam usually starts his moves seemingly an endless amount of them pretty far out of the lane as he comes in at unpredictable angles that allow him to make all kinds of decisions with the ball. Yes he’s only shots 33% from three but he can keep defenders honest. 

Edited by timebomb

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, timebomb said:

but Siakam is just a next level top 20-30 guy.

He may be...  may be... but he doesn't fit us very well.   Our spacing would be terrible and we would have to go out and find more trades.   Right now we have a good mix of talent on value contracts and our need is more specific than just getting a top 40 guy. 

23 hours ago, Diesel said:

OO is nowhere near as good as Siakam. But OO plays a position of need. We want to pair our best players with Siakam.