• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I watched that Utah vs. OKC game last night.

Damn.  Those two went at it. 

Although Utah looked out of it, they came roaring back... those dudes are REAL.  

Big Johnny... is their efficient scorer.  He's better at Center. 

Utah's problem is Sexton and Clarkson....  Streaky... No defense.  Strangely.. they both had great offense last night. 

Markennen aint going nowhere.  I would make him the franchise.  I would replace whatever they have in Utah for Karl Malone with Markennen.  I hate that Atlanta didn't get him.

Chet Holmgreen....  Should be ROY.

When I look at Wimby, I see an unstoppable force in the future.   When I look at Chet, I see somebody who has figured out something now.

I don't think Utah is done.  They may be the ones who knock Minny out of the playoffs in the first round!

• Like 1

Siakam started for his new team last night.  He missed 4 free throws.  Team lost by 3 points.

I wouldn't trade them Murray for Siakam, even swap!

:smug:

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Siakam started for his new team last night.  He missed 4 free throws.  Team lost by 3 points.

I wouldn't trade them Murray for Siakam, even swap!

:smug:

Heard his defense was awful. He couldn't stop Jerami Grant.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This can't be right.  Eggsperts told me he was 'the answer' for them.

Seriously though, they haven't been able to stop a nose bleed.  Just outscore folks.  Times gonna run out on them.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And dang, if he couldn't stop Grant, who was on Brogdon?  Odd no one makes the connection that IND's guards can't guard.

• Thanks 2

Adult NBA players should know better.  He gets caught.  I think that's good!  Wonder if his team now needs a replacement for at least 25 games?  TT's contract should be cheap to get right now, don't you think?  But, who wants a user?

:ahf:

16 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Adrian Griffin no longer a coach lol maybe he can come give his son lessons that lead to playing time

This can’t possibly be for only on court reasons. Can it?

I wonder if whatever the reason is is in some way related to AJG’s “personal absence” earlier this year

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What the hell?  Prunty time in Milwaukee.  

I feel like Prunty will be good for that squad.  He's a good Xs and Os guy and always seemed personable and easy to get along with.  Perfect type of coach for a bunch of vets that already know how to play the game

Honestly though, we've seen a LOT of bad NBA coaches hold onto jobs for YEARS ... lookin atchoo Bill Donovan ...

... so, unless something really strange happened, this move smells and they're gonna hear some noise about this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Defense taken a step back, REALLY????  Jrue ------> Dame, and they're surprised???

This! 
Nothing more to add. Bucks are heading in the wrong direction.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Defense taken a step back, REALLY????  Jrue ------> Dame, and they're surprised???

Sorry but this can't have been a 'basketball' decision.  The idea that the "defense took a step back" is a 'thing'.  Really?  As you said, Jrue to Lillard accounts for that.  Smells like planted 'news' to me.  I'm not saying it's 'untrue'.  I'm saying there's more there but they're using canned reasons to make it look good. 

• Like 3