• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Referendum on Hunter....

Diesel

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Dudes don't like the truth.   It's the truth.  They just want to point and say Look.. he's a big wing... but they never want to examine the quality of what kind of wing he is.. just that he's one.   He is to big wings what Rumeal Robinson is to PGs... there's your cowardly statement @Peoriabird

If you are making the claim that he isn't inpactful then stick with that! Don't try to spin into something else like his injury history is your main concern

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

If you are making the claim that he isn't inpactful then stick with that! Don't try to spin into something else like his injury history is your main concern

The reason why his claim is bogus is our lack of effectiveness without Dre is a clear proof of his effectiveness. That's why he ran to injury till I called him out for begging for PG13 and Kawhi. Now he's basically back to trying to say Dre is garbage and he's the Rumeal Robinson of SFs. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Look...

He is not impactful.  He is our best one on one defender.  He is also one of our better 3 pt shooters.  Do we miss him on the floor. Yes.   We would much rather have him starting and Bey off the bench than Bey starting and Garrison off the bench.   Would we trade him if a good trade came along... MOST DEFINITELY.  That's true of most of our players.     Is he overpaid.  The way he got his contract was an overpay.  We should have made him find a deal.   The other facts are... He's not a good rebounder.   He's not a good help defender.  He's doesn't get takeaways.  He can't dribble.   He can't pass that well.   

So for @NBASupes who likes to bring up that he's a big wing... Nobody disagrees with that.   When Supes says that all championship NBA teams needs a Big wing... Nobody disagrees with that.   But what we ask of you and Supes is to recognize that there are levels to being a big wing.  Just because he's a big wing, it doesn't mean that he's on the level of Kawhi or PG13.   It doesn't mean that he's on the level of Anunoby.   He's a bottom tier Big wing for the reasons I have stated above. 

That's the truth.   It doesn't have to be Either/Or @Peoriabird  in this case it's Both/And

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The reason why his claim is bogus is our lack of effectiveness without Dre is a clear proof of his effectiveness. That's why he ran to injury till I called him out for begging for PG13 and Kawhi. Now he's basically back to trying to say Dre is garbage and he's the Rumeal Robinson of SFs. Dude really don't understand basketball at all. It's been like this for decades. 

It's weird to me that a fan of this team is in search of a reason to not like an obvious vital member of this team as evidence by their poor performances in his abscence

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Look...

He is not impactful.  He is our best one on one defender.  He is also one of our better 3 pt shooters.  Do we miss him on the floor. Yes.   We would much rather have him starting and Bey off the bench than Bey starting and Garrison off the bench.   Would we trade him if a good trade came along... MOST DEFINITELY.  That's true of most of our players.     Is he overpaid.  The way he got his contract was an overpay.  We should have made him find a deal.   The other facts are... He's not a good rebounder.   He's not a good help defender.  He's doesn't get takeaways.  He can't dribble.   He can't pass that well.   

So for @NBASupes who likes to bring up that he's a big wing... Nobody disagrees with that.   When Supes says that all championship NBA teams needs a Big wing... Nobody disagrees with that.   But what we ask of you and Supes is to recognize that there are levels to being a big wing.  Just because he's a big wing, it doesn't mean that he's on the level of Kawhi or PG13.   It doesn't mean that he's on the level of Anunoby.   He's a bottom tier Big wing for the reasons I have stated above. 

That's the truth.   It doesn't have to be Either/Or @Peoriabird  in this case it's Both/And

So he isn't impact but yet the Hawk struggle to win any games without him and you yourself stated you prefer him to start over the guy you promoted all summer long. This is very strange at best

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The reason why his claim is bogus is our lack of effectiveness without Dre is a clear proof of his effectiveness.

This is bad logic my friend.  Take any starter...

If Clint missed 18 games.. Guess what, we would have a lack of effectiveness .

If JJ missed 18 games.  We would have a lack of effectiveness. 

If DJ missed 18 games.   We would have a lack of effectiveness.

If Trae missed 18 games.  We would have a lack of effectiveness. 

It's a team sport. What makes Dre's loss more difficult for us... is that we have no depth at wing.    We have JJ and Bey.  Really two SFs.  We also have AJ and Gueye.  Two guys who don't even play.   We are playing 2 Sfs at the 3 and at the 4.. and their back ups are:

Garrison Matthews,  Bogi, OO None of these guys are 3s or 4s.  So yes.. our depth is effected. 

If we didn't trade JC for a half of bag of Jolly ranchers, we wouldn't feel this loss as much.   But we got Bey playing the 4.  We got 6'4 213 lb Garrison playing the 3?

And you want to use this situation to make an evaluation of how great Dre is??

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952oa88kjttzr4sgjrdqb

24 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This is bad logic my friend.  Take any starter...

If Clint missed 18 games.. Guess what, we would have a lack of effectiveness .

If JJ missed 18 games.  We would have a lack of effectiveness. 

If DJ missed 18 games.   We would have a lack of effectiveness.

If Trae missed 18 games.  We would have a lack of effectiveness. 

It's a team sport. What makes Dre's loss more difficult for us... is that we have no depth at wing.    We have JJ and Bey.  Really two SFs.  We also have AJ and Gueye.  Two guys who don't even play.   We are playing 2 Sfs at the 3 and at the 4.. and their back ups are:

Garrison Matthews,  Bogi, OO None of these guys are 3s or 4s.  So yes.. our depth is effected. 

If we didn't trade JC for a half of bag of Jolly ranchers, we wouldn't feel this loss as much.   But we got Bey playing the 4.  We got 6'4 213 lb Garrison playing the 3?

And you want to use this situation to make an evaluation of how great Dre is??

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952oa88kjttzr4sgjrdqb

This isn't true tho and its not projected to be. We are like 400 or better without the other outside of Murray. We are .375 without Murray. 

• AHF locked this topic
  • Moderators

Moderator Note:  This thread is locked for the moment.  Everyone take a deep breath and cool down.  Almost every post for the last two pages on this thread violated the site rules by taking personal shots at people.  We had comments about how some people are posting in bad faith, how some posters are biased, how some posters are ignorant or less intelligent than another poster, etc.  We had name calling.  It was a cornucopia of garbage from posters who are much smarter than this.

When this thread is reopened talk basketball or stay off the thread.  I should not have to spent 20 minutes cleaning up back and forths not on the merits but about who is a good poster and who is a bad poster.  Knock that off.

• Like 1

• AHF unlocked this topic
  • Moderators

I’ve reopened the thread. This topic is a legit topic to share your views on Hunter. This thread moved badly in the direction of personal shots and will be relocked with potential action for individuals if people can’t avoid the personal comments so please just share your views on the merits regardless of what motivation you might think is behind someone else’s post or how wrongheaded you might think that post is.  Just tackle it on the merits without the need to suggest or outright say the other person is stupid, lazy, a stan or hater, etc.  Basic stuff.  Thanks.

I dont think we need a referendum on Hunter, we need an all points bulletin on that mfker. 

Has anyone seen him alive?

Photoshop request, somebody put Hunter's face on that grainy photo of Bigfoot for my new avatar. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

.... tha savagery.  I decree it must remain until he plays 2 games in a row..... 

So, you're saying you want it there permanently?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20240129_205019_Samsung Internet.jpg

So we have...

• UFO sightings.
  • Alien Sightings
  • Jersey Devil Sightings.
  • Yeti Sightings
  • BigFoot Sightings
  • Dre Hunter Sightings?

Eye Witness Account:

“On Tuesday, January 2, 2024 my brother, sister, and I were visiting the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA. We were leaving the Arena parking lot at approximately 12:00 noon and driving along the exit road from the Arena.”

“My brother was driving the vehicle, with me riding in the front passenger seat, and my sister being in the rear driver’s side seat. As we were rounding a slight curve on the exit road, we all spotted a creature walking quickly on the left side of the road approximately 15 to 20 feet in front of our car. The incident happened very quickly as the creature disappeared into the OMNI Hotel that surrounds the exit road.”

“My brother stopped the car immediately and asked if we had seen what he saw. All three of us reported seeing the creature. We all saw the creature very clearly as it was walking directly in front of our car. The three of us recalled and reported the exact and identical descriptions.”

“The creature was walking upright, taking strides quickly to our left, and disappeared into the bush on the left side of the road directly in front of us. We only witnessed the lower torso of the creature as it’s head and shoulders were hidden behind a pine tree and a palmetto stump on the left side of the road. The height of the creature is estimated as being between 6'8" to 6'9" feet tall. Legs were approximately 3 feet long, human like jointed with a swollen knee, with dark brown, splotchy black hair that was approximately 2 inches long in an afro. The incident happened quickly and lasted for only a few seconds as the creature disappeared quickly near the MARTA train station.”

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

I dont think we need a referendum on Hunter, we need an all points bulletin on that mfker. 

Has anyone seen him alive?

Photoshop request, somebody put Hunter's face on that grainy photo of Bigfoot for my new avatar. 

LMAO . . and then she fulfills your request, and you instantly make it your avatar.

Hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

So we have...

• UFO sightings.
  • Alien Sightings
  • Jersey Devil Sightings.
  • Yeti Sightings
  • BigFoot Sightings
  • Dre Hunter Sightings?

Eye Witness Account:

“On Tuesday, January 2, 2024 my brother, sister, and I were visiting the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA. We were leaving the Arena parking lot at approximately 12:00 noon and driving along the exit road from the Arena.”

“My brother was driving the vehicle, with me riding in the front passenger seat, and my sister being in the rear driver’s side seat. As we were rounding a slight curve on the exit road, we all spotted a creature walking quickly on the left side of the road approximately 15 to 20 feet in front of our car. The incident happened very quickly as the creature disappeared into the OMNI Hotel that surrounds the exit road.”

“My brother stopped the car immediately and asked if we had seen what he saw. All three of us reported seeing the creature. We all saw the creature very clearly as it was walking directly in front of our car. The three of us recalled and reported the exact and identical descriptions.”

“The creature was walking upright, taking strides quickly to our left, and disappeared into the bush on the left side of the road directly in front of us. We only witnessed the lower torso of the creature as it’s head and shoulders were hidden behind a pine tree and a palmetto stump on the left side of the road. The height of the creature is estimated as being between 6'8" to 6'9" feet tall. Legs were approximately 3 feet long, human like jointed with a swollen knee, with dark brown, splotchy black hair that was approximately 2 inches long in an afro. The incident happened quickly and lasted for only a few seconds as the creature disappeared quickly near the MARTA train station.”

The accuracy of this account is impeccable.  Surreal.  I got goosebumps. 

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LMAO . . and then she fulfills your request, and you instantly make it your avatar.

Hilarious.

Welcome to the matrix, cyde.  There's a whole other world you just opened your eyes to. 😄 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hilarious.

Happy to oblige :curtsey:.

Things have gotten a lil too tense lately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

The accuracy of this account is impeccable.  Surreal.  I got goosebumps. 

Welcome to the matrix, cyde.  There's a whole other world you just opened your eyes to. 😄 

What are you doing telling him all willy nilly about the 'other world'

Yo @TheNorthCydeRises, look here for just a second.....

Screenshot_20240130_080729_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 2