• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

To JJ from Spud

Spud2nique

50 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t think I’ve ever slept on a Hawk as hard as I did with JJ and have them prove me most wrong. Ya, nobody I can think of really. 

This dude… he’s like a machine I’m really loving this dude! 

IMG_3765.thumb.jpeg.a49c6a58c8f6617ff2f8e5bacc8449ce.jpeg

JJ came out during a unique moment where Cam, Dre, and Okongwu were the budding "future stars" that people loved.  No one will change my mind that giving Jalen shine meant to some people you were diminishing the other guys. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t think I’ve ever slept on a Hawk as hard as I did with JJ and have them prove me most wrong. Ya, nobody I can think of really. 

This dude… he’s like a machine I’m really loving this dude! 

IMG_3765.thumb.jpeg.a49c6a58c8f6617ff2f8e5bacc8449ce.jpeg

Guys putting up bigger numbers in bigger minutes is classic MIP fodder so he should totally get credit for that when they consider the award.

For me, though, I like to see more than just ramping up minutes.  And we see that in several areas for JJ, including some reflected in his per36 numbers:

image.png

His scoring efficiency is improved across the board with higher volumes.  That is fantastic to see both the big upticks in 3pt% and FT%.  His passing has come to be an increasingly important part of the offense.  What doesn't show up in counting stats is a big improvement on the defensive side of the ball (plenty more to go there but how many 22 year olds are finished products as defenders?).  

They won't give this to JJ because he plays in Atlanta but he should be at or near the top of the list.

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2023 at 6:36 AM, Spud2nique said:

I don’t know where to start. I wrote you off Jalen thinking that the many flashes of athleticism from last year wouldn’t pan out to a skillset that would be positive for the Hawks as a team.

I know it’s early but..

I can see I was wrong.

Understanding it’s only one game but also realizing what he brought to the table last night. He was our best overall player of the night and the first game 🏀 goes to JJ.

Will you accept my apology good sir?

IMG_0819.thumb.jpeg.288ef31c7b1ad16eb90b7baf7d565e9f.jpeg

ok don’t gimme the Dwayne Johnson Rock brows just yet. 

Clean game. Tight all around and he glides which I knew before but gliding with intent and purpose using his wingspan to get to the whole effortlessly. Beautiful.

@kg01 @JayBirdHawk @everyone 😂 

My apologies are sincere. 👕 #1 #cityATL

Go JJ! 

Go Hawks!!!

IMG_3839.jpeg

• Like 1