• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

To JJ from Spud

Spud2nique

• Premium Member

I was telling you guys his rookie season he was killing it for the Skyhawks and was ignored. Glad to see, as usual, that I was right 😛

Did you know?

Nate told Jalen to his face that Nate didn't believe Jalen was going to be long in the NBA. One of the reasons Nate refused to play him. Would never admit he was wrong. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Nate told Jalen to his face that Nate didn't believe Jalen was going to be long in the NBA. One of the reasons Nate refused to play him. Would never admit he was wrong. 

:blanky::blanky:

I remember Nate saying we were done with development. Sad, just Sad!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:blanky::blanky:

I remember Nate saying we were done with development. Sad, just Sad!

That's who he was talking about.

The entire assistant staff was telling him he was wrong about Jalen. So was the entire Skyhawk coaching staff. Go back and look at the comments from the Skyhawks head coach. Said he reminded him of Lebron. Spoke the world of him and his work ethic.

Nate? Naw, fam. I said he was going to be out of the NBA and I'm not changing my mind. Ever. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

That's who he was talking about.

The entire assistant staff was telling him he was wrong about Jalen. So was the entire Skyhawk coaching staff. Go back and look at the comments from the Skyhawks head coach. Said he reminded him of Lebron. Spoke the world of him and his work ethic.

Nate? Naw, fam. I said he was going to be out of the NBA and I'm not changing my mind. Ever. 

Don't remind me.  Nate set this program back a couple of years.  That ECF run, while magical, was a bit of a curse because of the position it put ownership and the front office in.  Oh well, we're course corrected now, and I have a Jalen city jersey from last year, so I can safely say I was very early on the bandwagon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Spud2nique

I figured it out.  The reason iRobot refused to deal with JJ.

It was a clear, black night.  A clear white moon.....

Jalen and JA (fka AJ) were puttin in work after practice.  JA goes, "Aye man, can you do an impression of coach."  Uninterested, JJ shrugs it off, "Let's keep working, guys."

Insistent, JA pushes.  "Just do it, man.  Talk like a old man."   Exasperated, JJ relents.  "OK, geez.  Blau, blah, blah, Make 'em feel you.  Harrumph!"  No laughs from JA.  Instead, JJ turns to see the assorted rabble working diligently.  What gives?  Then he turns and sees iRobot was behind him the whole time.

"Gahh..."

IMG_0819.thumb.jpeg.288ef31c7b1ad16eb90b7baf7d565e9f.jpeg

"You'll never play for me a-gin ... (sob)"

• Haha 4