• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

To JJ from Spud

Spud2nique

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Don't be too hard on yourself Spud. Just enjoy the Jalen Johnson Experience. It is groovy.

No doubt. I love being proved wrong nightly by that dude. Aging fun with it now but honestly this was the biggest miss on my radar as a Hawks fan since … maybe Chris Crawford in 99. I mean Crawford was nothing close to JJ but at the time people were thinking he was a breakout guy and I said no.. I guess that was half right cuz he did end up out of the league but..

JJ.. what a ride. He’s had me up more times off my 💺 that even Trae this year. Anytime he’s remotely within 20 feet of the rim I feel like he’s gonna dunk it on somebody. 

How the heck did scouts miss on him. Thank god for us he had a limited college career. Man, this dude breaking that draft now slowly creeping up to the top 10 in that draft? 

• Like 4

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No doubt. I love being proved wrong nightly by that dude. Aging fun with it now but honestly this was the biggest miss on my radar as a Hawks fan since … maybe Chris Crawford in 99. I mean Crawford was nothing close to JJ but at the time people were thinking he was a breakout guy and I said no.. I guess that was half right cuz he did end up out of the league but..

JJ.. what a ride. He’s had me up more times off my 💺 that even Trae this year. Anytime he’s remotely within 20 feet of the rim I feel like he’s gonna dunk it on somebody. 

How the heck did scouts miss on him. Thank god for us he had a limited college career. Man, this dude breaking that draft now slowly creeping up to the top 10 in that draft? 

Nah - this is the big miss.  You were right about Crawford.  He had a few hot games in his career but that was it.  He didn't break out in any real way (other than his bank account for the era).

• Thanks 1

You're not alone in missing on players. I badly missed on Salim, Cam, and Acie Law (remember him?). I hit more often than not, though. I was ready to drive BK to the airport after the Marvin, Childress, and Shelden picks. And Rumeal, oh boy...

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Then I can’t think of any instance where I’ve underestimated a Hawks career. Many times I’ve overestimated.. examples:

1. Rumeal

2. Travis Mays

3. Marvin 🤦‍♀️ oh myyy I thought he was James Worthy for sure. Ugh 😑 This was prolly my biggest overestimation. 

4. Salim Stoudamire aka Mighty Mouse 🐭 lil cuzzo. When he went off in summer league I giggled 🤭 at the prospect, when his career unfolded I cried alone.

5. Cam Reddish… I uhhhh.. I blame Lloyd and Nate that kid was going to the hall of fame but Lloyd tied him down in a chair 🪑 and Nate proceeded to tickle him with a feather 🪶 right under his armpits while whispering in his ear…

”you’llllllllll neverrrrrrr maaaaaakkkkeeee iiittttt.. “🏃‍♀️ -inspired by Soth.. 

I ain't quit on him yet. The rest, yah...you're on your own.

• Haha 1

@Spud2nique, I'm going to give you a little shout out. 

I tried going back to find my earliest praise for JJ, but couldn't find hardly anything. For some reason, searching "JJ" comes up with zero results. 

Anyway, here's a comment I made back in February during a game against the Jazz. 

I said JJ would make Hunter expendable within a year, and only one person liked my comment. Who was that? None other than good old Spud. 

We don't need to focus on the fact that I was trying to push JJ to play more SF, but the important thing here is I saw enough that he would be "it" sooner rather than later, and Spud dapped me. 

Deep down, Spud, you were never a JJ hater. You just don't like to be pushed into a popular opinion.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

@Spud2nique, I'm going to give you a little shout out. 

I tried going back to find my earliest praise for JJ, but couldn't find hardly anything. For some reason, searching "JJ" comes up with zero results. 

Anyway, here's a comment I made back in February during a game against the Jazz. 

I said JJ would make Hunter expendable within a year, and only one person liked my comment. Who was that? None other than good old Spud. 

We don't need to focus on the fact that I was trying to push JJ to play more SF, but the important thing here is I saw enough that he would be "it" sooner rather than later, and Spud dapped me. 

Deep down, Spud, you were never a JJ hater. You just don't like to be pushed into a popular opinion.

Thanks! I can’t believe I put baby Kawhi on the market.. 🤦‍♀️ Have I no 💜:boredom:

Thanks other Bird (dirt)! 😃 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I loved Crawdaddy back then. IIRC he got hurt and it really sapped his athletic ability. He got a bag that he probably didn't deserve.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 9:36 AM, Spud2nique said:

I don’t know where to start. I wrote you off Jalen thinking that the many flashes of athleticism from last year wouldn’t pan out to a skillset that would be positive for the Hawks as a team.

I know it’s early but..

I can see I was wrong.

Understanding it’s only one game but also realizing what he brought to the table last night. He was our best overall player of the night and the first game 🏀 goes to JJ.

Will you accept my apology good sir?

IMG_0819.thumb.jpeg.288ef31c7b1ad16eb90b7baf7d565e9f.jpeg

ok don’t gimme the Dwayne Johnson Rock brows just yet. 

Clean game. Tight all around and he glides which I knew before but gliding with intent and purpose using his wingspan to get to the whole effortlessly. Beautiful.

@kg01 @JayBirdHawk @everyone 😂 

So I see you didn't believe me when I said he's Ben Simmons with a jump shot that's not afraid to shoot🤔 He keeps elevating/improving he will prove to be even more. Which is scary for non Hawks fans!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don’t think I’ve ever slept on a Hawk as hard as I did with JJ and have them prove me most wrong. Ya, nobody I can think of really. 

This dude… he’s like a machine I’m really loving this dude! 

IMG_3765.thumb.jpeg.a49c6a58c8f6617ff2f8e5bacc8449ce.jpeg

• Like 4