• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Defense and Hustle Tracking: 2023 - 24 season

TheNorthCydeRises

7 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

START JALEN, OO, BEY, DJM THE REST OF THE WAY...

Diddy! (That means I’m down.. my special lady is sooooo sick of it but I just can’t stop, I’ve been using it as a noun, verb adverb and adjective… 😐..)

:dance:

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 5:35 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

On 11/9/2023 at 10:39 PM, benhillboy said:

Trae’s driving and shooting have been great but I’m more impressed with his on ball and passing lane pressure.  Hopefully he can continue his pace to shatter his career steals average; it makes a considerable difference for the team.

I think Glenn be lurking.  If so, tell him to stop jacking and rewording my posts 😆

Seriously though he’s great.  I imagine he’d be the only thing on Twitter I could stomach.

It’s early but I always gotta acknowledge when Trae is trying to make a defensive impact.  He’s ahead of 4 stout dudes in defensive plays per foul:

IMG_8478.thumb.jpeg.c6d996bbafe7fc249db037d586edc896.jpeg

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Looking at the defensive videos off and on at work. Our guards and wings have to start putting bodies in front of people instead of just letting people waltz right into the paint.

Bogi's defensive awareness was particularly poor in this game. Guys scored on Okongwu pretty easy as well.

When you face athletes, you just can't let them jump around like they're at a House of Pain concert. Got to impede their progress or prevent them from jumping over your head to make plays

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 2

New York  ( 11/15 )

Defense

https://www.nba.com/game/nyk-vs-atl-0022300193/box-score?type=defense

image.thumb.png.2f2b3a799a9662ba31c8ef6ab7b64963.png

The small point guard gets all of the venom from the fan base about the bad defense.  He was definitely the culprit at the end of the game, directly responsible for 5 of those points at the end, but credited for giving up 9 points in the 4th quarter ( because he was in the vicinity on the Randle layup and 5 feet away from Brunson, despite not directly guarding him at the time ).  The interesting thing is that he actually forced 6 turnovers, 3 via steals of his own.  Still, he gets the venom for the bad defense at the end.

As far as who the Knicks actually targeted, the main culprit was the guy who is supposed to be the defensive stopper on the team.  Click on his made FG attempts, and watch how guys were scoring on him.  His low energy was a huge reason why he was ( - ) on the court last night, but the small PG's energy led to him being ( + ) on the night . . . despite the critical breakdowns in the 4th quarter.

Hustle

https://www.nba.com/game/nyk-vs-atl-0022300193/box-score?type=hustle

image.thumb.png.ef82d11d10937b7dbb65e11425c64e91.png

Low defensive energy from most of the team. A modest number of deflections, led by the small PG who can't play defense.  Only 2 loose balls recovered.  Capela a complete non factor with his lack of contested shots.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member

I know we're not supposed to applaud Trae but I watched the new father playing the passing lanes yesterday...   I smiled.   I think this will be a change for his career.   It's sad, we get more impactful defense from Trae than Hunter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Capela a complete non factor with his lack of contested shots.

If you ever feel down about Capela slide in a couple late 80’s Hawks games on VHS 📼 and check on Koncak. I wasn’t even a teen yet and I was bitter and yelling at dude for standing around. Sorry it’s @Diesel’s fault he’s got me reminiscing..