• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Start Big O

Spud2nique

• Premium Member

OO had 4 fouls in 20 minutes... and it was not a pretty 20 minutes.   I honestly would like to see Bruno play some before giving the reigns to OO. 

OO has to learn how to play without fouling out.  That makes him a target. 

• Like 3

Stop it with the Bruno shit. Lol. This is gonna be a rough season, we can’t stop a nosebleed and offense is just random at best. Clint is still the best center on the team but if we look like this might as well start OO and see. But please stop it with Bruno.

• Like 1

I understand the fire and the sentiment after that last play.  But OO still ain't ready to handle the full load.  The spot is there for the taking but with his fouling, he's fumbling the opp just like CC fumbled the game-tying oop.

Doesn't mean I'm a-ok with CC.  He contributes but the massive holes in his game make him a breakeven proposition. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The spot is there for the taking but with his fouling

This is going media stream and it’s bs. Give him more burn till he gets 5 fouls then be careful lol

I can’t worry about Big O being aggressive I like that that’s what I want let him foul out then bring Capela.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This is going media stream and it’s bs. Give him more burn till he gets 5 fouls then be careful lol

I can’t worry about Big O being aggressive I like that that’s what I want let him foul out then bring Capela.

Understand this sentiment^.....but he has so much to work on.

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OO was nondescript - did nothing.  Seeing him in person he looks too heavy, no muscle definition. Baby fat look.

Not sure if he was asked to bulk up, but doesn't look like good weight to me.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, kg01 said:

sentiment

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

sentiment^.

🤨… umm 🤔 

I see… I’m gonna run this one by dude at work and have him repeat it and make it the word of the day. I bet he will love it 🤗 

ps I’m glad you sentiment 👯‍♀️ @kg01 @JayBirdHawk understand my… sentiment….s.. 🧐 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Still can’t believe y’all hit me with sentiments on a Saturday. Hey! Sentimental Saturday's on the outsider’s podcast starting in 2025 (currently under 🚧 🤨). @kg01 look are we doing this bit or not I’m in play.. I’m being woo’d left n right. I need a promise.. 🤝 

ps Another personal friend whose on team sentiments cagey and Burd. He’s a close friend with good knowledge of the sport. Lakers fan in the mid 80’s through the mid 2000’s but then he turned into Bruce Willis die hard and Jesse from Breaking Bad and calls everyone a b!tch 😐..

He also believes Cap 🧢 should stay starting.

IMG_0853.jpeg

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Still can’t believe y’all hit me with sentiments on a Saturday.

:laugh1:

In the first 2 games OO has not looked good against Nic Richards and Hartenstein. They have out-hustled and out-muscled him.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

OO has started the first half slowly in the last few games but came on strong in the 2nd half.  He has also closed the last 2 games in lieu of CC.

CC - 24.7 mpg

OO - 22.6 mpg

The most surprising number in this graphic is CC shooting 72.2% from the freethrow line....Good job, keep it up.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

We have a lovely 2 headed monster.   I like the idea of a firm rotation with the expectation of when you're going to play.  If Quin decides that CC will start games and OO will finish them, it makes a lot of sense to me. 

CC can start and get us rebounds and strong defense in the beginning.   OO comes in and stretches the floor.  OO also gets into less foul trouble.   In the 4th, you play OO so that you don't have CC in a hak a shak situation.   It's a great marriage. 

• Thanks 1

SPUD:  Drop the Big 0.  We now know him by Big 00.  This fits with his name and stops confusing him and Oscar, the original!  And, this brings peace in the Squawk family.

Most Squawk posters agree that we have two pretty good centers and they are quiet different in what they bring to the game.  Things change for the Hawks when they switch.  Clint is a better inside player and Big OO is a better outside player.  Capela has, thank goodness, vastly improved his free throw % this season, from 60 to 80.

I did notice that our centers, combined, average 20 points per game!  Not bad.  Not bad at all !!

🥰

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

SPUD:  Drop the Big 0.  We now know him by Big 00.  This fits with his name and stops confusing him and Oscar, the original!  And, this brings peace in the Squawk family.

Sorry gramps I’m not going to sidestep some dude because he has a problem with the name Big O, that’s childish. Seems more of a “him” problem than me Gramps.

15 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

did notice that our centers, combined, average 20 points per game!  Not bad.  Not bad at all !!

Yes sir!

• Moderators
15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OO has started the first half slowly in the last few games but came on strong in the 2nd half.  He has also closed the last 2 games in lieu of CC.

CC - 24.7 mpg

OO - 22.6 mpg

The most surprising number in this graphic is CC shooting 72.2% from the freethrow line....Good job, keep it up.

Clint has really been playing pretty well lately.  Although i'd like to make the case that 56% shooting is awful for a guy who doesn't shoot anything farther away than 1 foot from the basket. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Sorry gramps I’m not going to sidestep some dude because he has a problem with the name Big O, that’s childish. Seems more of a “him” problem than me Gramps.

No Spud, it's you refusing to be a peacemaker.

In the bible we read, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God."  Matthew 5:8  NIV

Try it!

🤩

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

No Spud, it's you refusing to be a peacemaker.

So the next day somebody decides they don’t wanna call him ice 🧊 Trae cuz Ice man George Gerv.. then what. Gramps, it’s not about peace making it’s about being right and being a power tripper.

BIG O WILL LIVE ON!!!! ✊🏿

• 2 weeks later...